"Every fight scene we have is designed in a way that's almost child-friendly...

>"Every fight scene we have is designed in a way that's almost child-friendly, so Spider-Man never actually punches anyone."
comicbookmovie.com/other/tom-holland-reveals-how-many-spider-man-movies-hes-signed-on-for-as-he-a146653

Eh...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1etvYj6aPqY
youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho
youtube.com/watch?v=qnZt9PFFz2I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

JUST LIKE MY AMERIFAT ANIMES

It's like how the Spider-Man cartoon wouldn't let the bad guys have realistic guns but even dumber somehow.

Jesus, as if I needed any more reasons beyond that shit CGI suit, Tony wanking, and Pajeet Thompson to NOT see this movie

What's the problem with this? Spider-Man should be a role model to kids.

Dead in the fucking water.

>Spider-Man never punches someone
and nothing of value was lost

Makes me yearn for this really
youtube.com/watch?v=1etvYj6aPqY

IMPRESSIVE

>This movie sucks and I'm a basically a talentless cuck who will ruin everything!

>-- Tom Holland.

Y'know, except for the entire crux of the character.

The sad fact is that Man if Steel just broke people's brains. Suddenly it was verboten to let imaginary people die in fictional world threatening conflicts. See how AoU devoted several scenes to show how everyone in Sokovia was evacuated (though they later backtracked a bit when they needed civilian deaths for the Civil War storyline), just to avoid the backlash MoS got. Now even Spider-Man punching a guy is going too far. Why are people so afraid of fictional violence and destruction? At least Snyder will give us the violence we crave for a little longer.

youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho

>I...it's DC's fault!

Sorry Disneyfriend. This one is all on you.

You made your bed. Now lie in it.

>Spidey beats the villain by kicking and webbing the shit out of him

I don't really have a problem with this.

Man at least TASM 2 had that scene, granted it was cut, where Peter loses his shit and beats the shit out of Harry at the end.

brb, killing myself

So he only webs people up?

That post was clearly shitting on the outrageous reaction to Man of Steel, not the movie itself.

If anything he's a DCfagboy, not a Disneyfagboy.

>Disneykids will defend this.

Kek, thank God Marvel will never get their hand son the X-Men.

Kicks and shoulder tackles are also allowed.

I'm not blaming DC, I like violence and world endangering cataclysm. I'm just saying for some reason that was the moment all this hand wringing over violence started.

*hands on

Logan is gonna have bloody violence, thank god.

>3 Chrises and 2 Toms

Thank god for DC and Fox

my god Marvel you've done it again!

Did Spectacular Spider Man ever punch anybody?

Are we ever gonna have a serious Marvel movie again?

Its okay to be light-hearted, but this is downright cartoony.

Yes.

you need the cartoony to contrast the back in black

or how wolverine literally never stabbed anyone in the x-men cartoon

>yfw he defeats Vulture with a kick to the dick

People love Deadpool, snyderfag.

MOS was just bad.

It's Spider-Man

Why do we need serious and edgy action? We don't him killing people like in

"Civil War" was as serious as it gets for superhero movies.

It's just fucking punching guys, not stabbing their chests and killing people

Is he going to throw people like he did in TAS?

Punching people isn't edgy action you fucking moron

punching =/= killing, you tool

>I have never read a Spider-Man comic in my entire life

>87590496
HOWEVER

No but obviously children will be mainly watching Spider-Man and many look to him as a role model, so we need to make sure he isn't overly violent or whatever because we are living in dangerous times now.

Just fuck off back to tumblr

You can't be serious.

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN?!

It doesn't matter anymore if you're baiting or not, you're still fucking retarded

Deadpool was R18, so I hardly think that has bearing here. No one was clutching their pearls over him fucking people up like they do with other superhero movie.

I glad Disney is aware that people take kids to see these movies in droves and making them more kid-friendly.
I remember wincing at the body counts in Winter Soldier and Iron Man 3, and the editorials about how the PG-13 rating has no limits on violence.

For those that couldn't actually take the extra 30 seconds to find the quote, I think context is important:

>How does Peter Parker differ this time from his previous two incarnations?

>"You've seen the billionaire, the scientist, the soldier. Now it's time to see the kid. And every decision we make on set is based off how would a kid react in this situation, so every fight scene we have is designed in a way that's almost child-friendly, so he never actually punches anyone. It's all done kind of by accident. I think the biggest difference is his youth and innocence."

It's not that he won't throw punches, it's that he doesn't necessarily want to be violent.

It's Spider-Man TAS all over again.

It's a weird decision, since seeing people get punched has never actually been a detrimental thing for kids, but it could make sense given Spidey's strength. If we're supposed to accept just how ridiculously strong he is, it'd be weird for him to go around punching non-indestructable mooks. It makes for an interesting fight, him trying to wrangle the bad guys without actually resorting to a punch or kick, because he doesn't actually want to break their bones.

When a super strong guy hits a regular joe, the usual excuse used is just that he was "pulling his punches", but it's not really a great excuse, since all it takes is one slight miscalculation to cause serious damage. If you really want to sell his strength to the audience, you'd avoid that altogether.

Well, I just hope that the decision has some artistic merit to it anyway, in all likelihood it's just the result of the higher-ups making things "family friendly".

you don't need to punch thieves to catch them just like flies.
He does not use his hands, like a smart he uses tools

>PG-13 rating has no limits on violence.
It does and they're perfectly reasonable. You can't show anything gory or intense but killing is fine. Thirteen year-olds are perfectly capable of handling people being killed in movies so there's no reason to clamp down on that, especially when the violence is so tame and the deaths are almost always implied

>How does Peter Parker differ this time from his previous two incarnations?

>You've seen the billionaire, the scientist, the soldier. Now it's time to see the kid.

what?

>Pete the Billionaire
wat
Pete was lower-middle class at best.
But I'm interested on this take of not punching. Maybe this carnation of Spidey is that he doesn't know how to punch and he just spazzes out instead.

He's talking about the other Marvel heroes.

Stark, Banner and Cap in that order.

>But I'm interested on this take of not punching. Maybe this carnation of Spidey is that he doesn't know how to punch and he just spazzes out instead

That's what I was thinking. They'll probably focus quite a bit on Parker-luck and his total incompetence as a teenage superhero. Thinking back on it, I think Garfield's Parker turned into quite the fighter overnight.

Why
Why can't we ever have a good Spidey movie

>in a way that's almost child-friendly
ive been tellin al of you the same fucking thing since the premiere... the whole shit is afucking cartoon, even giant man hits spidey just by accident.

let me get this straight.

Spider-Man punching bad guys = BAD

Hulk beating Loki like a bad habit into the ground = GOOD

WTF?

Likewise.
I've been slow on this new Spidey movie, but he's being deaged back to a 15 year old right?
Just how many 15 year old losers know how to throw a punch, much less fight without hurting themselves?

>focus quite a bit on Parker-luck and his total incompetence as a teenage superhero
dude, he is a fucking teenager, with superpowers, he is gonna hit everything in front of him.

I'm referring to this study that the quantity of violence in PG-13 movies is comparable to R-rated ones.

>The prevalence of gun violence in top PG-13 movies has eclipsed even the amount in R-rated movies

www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/national/health-science/pg-13-movies-match-r-rating-for-violence-study-says/2013/11/10/4e6b3f8c-4893-11e3-a196-3544a03c2351_story.html?client=safari

I do recall hearing about these distinctions over the type of violence shown, but there doesn't seem to be a limit on how much killing *in a certain way* can be shown

And like I said, kids under 13 are obviously being taken to MCU movies, so Disney's restraint is more than warranted

He did slash at robots though, not just Sentinels but human sized robtots that screamed in pain too.

MCU Spidey was truly a monkey's paw

>MOS was just bad.
'no'

It's the same as Samurai Jack. Robots only.

What else would you expect from a Disney movie? That's what all these Marvel films are now.

He kicked, tackled, and bludgeoned in that show, though.

Never understood why they would not let him punch a fool.

You know that you're going to watch it anyway. You're not fooling anybody, not even yourself.

>heroes can't even punch bad guys anymore

kek this is a previously unheard of low. 4Kids couldn't even compete with that in their deepest and wettest of dreams. No punching?

But it has the MCU brand on it, so this time people will accept anything.

If your role model is a fictional character you have absolutely failed at life and so have your parents.

You know, it makes sense. Why not change the fighting styles of the characters?

I won't, I'm too fucking old.

This literally was a low from the 90s Spider-Man cartoon

Jokes on you
my parents are alive, well, and are a part of my life

>Trump is getting the 90's back

I'm definitely gonna watch it, but not in theaters.

No, The Dark Knight is as serious as it gets for a superhero movie. Civil War tried to be serious, but it still fell victim to the tension breaking moments and zero stakes that plague the MCU. This, if true, is just fucking sad.

Raimi's movies were for all ages and his Spider-Man punched people all the time.

You learn pretty quick the first time someone tries to start shit with you

>never punch anyone no matter what!!!
>only use your special web-shooter :^))))

Yeah, great role model.

IT'S OKAY WHEN MARBLE DOES IT!

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice is superheroes played completely straight and 100% seriously.

So wait it's bad to punch bad guys but 15-year-old Spider-Man can say "HOLY SHIT" and it's fine?

If parents take their kids to movies that are rated for over their age limit that's not anyone's problem but the parents. Most kids can handle pg-13 movies. Basically everyone I knew in elementary school watched LoTR as they came out and those are more violent than any Marvel movie.

I agree that Spider-Man (especially teen Spider-Man) should be less violent than the other MCU movies but it's not like throwing a few punches is going to scar a kid for life or anything.

Most people would be less concerned about a kid that swears (especially when it's only in regard to something massive) than a kid who gets into fights.

If only the whole movie was 2 hours of this
youtube.com/watch?v=qnZt9PFFz2I
Instead, we got:
>TONY STANK XD
>DUDE REMEMBER THAT REALLY OLD MOVIE?
>HAHAHA ORANGE SLICES SPORTS AMIRITE?

bad word mean big man
:DDDD

punch not good
sad marvol

considering most people don't even realize Spider-Man never through a punch in the old cartoon until its pointed out to them I don't see how this is an issue.

Even "The Dark Knight" had moments of levity.

You people already lost yesterday, bait or not, just stop already.

It was tasteful and not retarded. Same with Donner Superman.

>previously unheard of

For you xd

There's a difference between levity and out of place slapstick humor.

Hulk isn't really a kid favorite, he's mostly for the teenagers

heh you sure got me!

That was a Y7 cartoon, this is a PG-13 action movie.