Now I understand Venom is always gonna show up sooner rather than later in any Spidey medium...

Now I understand Venom is always gonna show up sooner rather than later in any Spidey medium. He's a popular character and for good reason.

But is it just me or do they always just tend to phone in his origin. More specifically in the sense of how the symbiote is discovered in the first place. I get they're not able to do Secret Wars but I feel like we can do better than a random meteor or it tags along on a shuttle or whatever.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VyZh_xg22Qk
youtube.com/watch?v=EbgM3pfe5yA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ultimate Spider-Man did a pretty good job, and the symbiote wasn't even an alien in that. I think that's also the origin they used in Spectacular cartoon.

No spectacular also had him as an alien. Pretty dissapointing, but that was the best way to get to carnage.

>but I feel like we can do better than a random meteor or it tags along on a shuttle or whatever.

It's the cleanest thing to do from a narrative standpoint. You can't compress decades of comic storytelling into a TV show, it's essentially impossible unless it runs for 20 seasons.

spectacular had him stuck to a meteroid that hit JJJ Jr's shuttle. zero explanation how he got there

I feel like the best way to go about it would be to have the symbiote develop in the background. Like, sprinkle news reports through several episodes of some kind of probe/rover sent to another planet and brings back a new lifeform. Minor Daily Bugle articles about it. If the FF exist in this setting, say the probe was theirs coming from some other dimension or galaxy or whatever.

When you actually get to the Venom episode, the symbiote has already been established, all that needs to happen is for it to break out/get stolen.

forgot to say, Eddit Brock is often built up in he exact same way, by cameoing him in earlier episodes so his hatred of Peter has time to grow.

Spiderman Unlimited had the best Venom

Fuck you, yes it did.
Yes it fucking did. All hail king Venom!

>Spiderman Unlimited had the best Venom
This is objectively wrong.

The Spider-Man from TAS had the best Venom.

youtube.com/watch?v=VyZh_xg22Qk

I love Venom and he's one of my favorite villain-ish characters ever
but still to this day I cannot take seriously the fact that there's an actual guy underneath him
I dunno what it is about it but something about Venom changes for me when you give him a human face and name

You could replace twelve issues of Secret Wars with a single episode space adventure guest starring the Fantastic Four

Infinity War would be the best way to do it with MCU Spidey. The only opportunity you have for Spider-Man to get into space you better get a Venom link in somewhere. Have him fucking around and stumble on it at the Collectors place during an exposition dump or something.

Meteor is lame, spaceship mission is lame, cancer suit is ehhhh

my biggest issue with cancer suit is
A) how fucking advanced it is for when it was invented
B) how 99% of the things it can do have nothing to do with cancer

shit dude, collectors place actually makes a lot of sense, especially if they go full crossover event and to even the power levels they start looking for magic/tech/cosmic weapons so they can fight, and spidey can go full origin and just ask "i just want a costume" to which thor can again say "ah yes mortal over yonder is a garment dispensary" etc.

Yup or just have him pocket a little black ball, or have some black ooze stick to the underside of his foot before they leave. Anything. Follow up on it in his future movies.

Its too good an opportunity to pass up.

>A) how fucking advanced it is for when it was invented
Isn't that true for ALL superhero comic inventions?
>B) how 99% of the things it can do have nothing to do with cancer
This happens a lot, when during research they accidentally stumble onto something that has nothing to do with the original intentions. Especially in (bio-)chemistry. Penicillin was discovered by accident, en methylphenidate was originally developed as a remedy for low blood pressure.

How do you hate the fact that there is a host when Venom is one of your alleged favorite villains.

The thing that makes the character interesting is that its the combination of two entities, with a unified goal.

>how fucking advanced it is for when it was invented

Why is this a problem even remotely? We're talking about a world where super science shows up regularly and has for many, many decades.

Close but this is the best venom
youtube.com/watch?v=EbgM3pfe5yA

That's the best in a video game, is best in an animated series. Different mediums, user.

The red highlights always looked weird to me

Reminder that Sony is legally within their rights to make a Venom movie that has no ties to the MCU, and they might just be dumb enough to do it.

Agreed. I believe the animators were trying to make him look more "alien" with that.

The thing that really sealed the "alien" and otherworldly element for me was the weird hiss/grunt thing he did throughout the episode. I don't even know how to describe that sound. But it was creepy.

Space is a big void with garbage floating around. The symbiotic saw an opportunity and took it

>The symbiotic saw an opportunity and took it
Or it got there, literally, any other way. For all we know, it was there by accident and it was 100% coincidence that Jameson landed on the asteroid.

Maybe the asteroid was a prison for the symbiote and it used Jameson as a means of escape.

It could be literally anything.