What was star wars lore like in the time between the original trilogy and the prequels?

what was star wars lore like in the time between the original trilogy and the prequels?

what were "the clone wars" mentioned in episode 4 about in the expanded universe until episode II came out? was the relationship between obi wan and anakin skywalker touched upon before the prequels? was most EU shit created before the prequels or after them?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bantam
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dead thread
you suck op

I read all the star wars novels when I was a kid growing up inbetween the OT and the prequels, and be fucked if I can remember a dam thing about any of them.

do you remember any titles i can look up?

>was most EU shit created before the prequels or after them?
The timothy zhan books talk about the clone wars, played them out to be much different than what the prequels would eventually do with it.
During the prequels the EU expanded to tell stories in and around the clone wars, fleshing things out more. Honestly though I dropped the EU around this time so I can't tell you much about it after that.

which books? from wookiepedia it seems like the only pre-prequel books he did were the thrawn books. do they talk about the clone wars?

Most of the lore took place way before the films, and didn't really touch on the OT characters much (pre-Empire). The Thrawn trilogy touches on Clone Wars stuff with the dreadnought fleet, and the Black Fleet Crisis says that Padme (not named) is from some other planet than Naboo, Naboo proper not being introduced til episode I.

I guess you could say they included minor references which weren't much of a problem to retcon with the big budget pt movies.

I mostly remember the Timothy Zhan trilogy, and small things like Tales from Mos Eisley Cantina, Tales from Jabba's Palace, those gay YA novels with the Solo twins not ever fucking even once, and I got a good amount of early EU info from the old WestEndGames D6 roleplaying books from the late 80s.
Those books filled in a lot of the early bits of lore, before the whole original EU took off.
It definitely gives a completely different feel to the universe. It really feels like it's still very unestablished.
You can buy the WestEndGames roleplaying books pretty cheap online, and I'm sure there are PDF's around of them.
They're worth reading just for the early lore.

In the novel for ROTJ, they go into Vader's fight with Obi-Wan next to a lava pit.
I remember Boba-Fett's backstory being that he was originally like a cop on his home-planet, and he killed his corrupt superior officers and went on the run, eventually meeting up and gaining acceptance among the Mandalorians.

not like this

How fucking lazy are you user?

thanks, this will breathe life into my thread

very interesting stuff, thanks. i'm especially shocked to find out the fight next to a lava pit was pre planned. i always assumed lucas was just dropping some random bits for flavor and they meant nothing until he invented the background for them in the prequals

i'm at work, that's why i don't have a lot of time to look them up :)

Thrawn, a bunch of X-Wing novels, Luke turns evil because Sheev cloned himself, Empire goes through a series of coming back and shattering again until a guy called Pellaeon has enough and joins the Republic, and all of these superweapons that were supposedly more powerful than the Death Star but didn't do anything

You have time to shit post faggot. You have time for a google search.

that would be unethical

All the books in this list. They lost the rights around the time Episode 1 came out.
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bantam

Your thread is done redditfag.

i once read some timothy zahn book about supersoldiers and i thought it was abhorrent. that's why i've been putting off reading thrawn for so long, but i think this was the last straw. i'll read them for the interesting lore.

Just came across this quote from Mark Hamill from an interview in 1980 with Starlog.

"I remember very early on asking [George] who my parents were and being told that my father and Obi Wan met Vader on the edge of a volcano and they had a duel. My father and Darth Vader fell into the crater and my father was instantly killed. Vader crawled out horribly scarred, and at that point the Emperor landed and Obi Wan ran into the forest, never to be seen again."

holy shit this is great stuff. can't believe they let shit like this slip in interviews. it was truly a different time

>holy shit
Shut the fuck up you hyperbolic faggot.

kek are you having fun there user

I mean its not high literature or anything, but they're fun. The only problem is that most it was retconned by the prequels.

Theres some good stuff mixed with some shit, pretty much like all expanded universes.

Arraon Allston and Michael A. Stackpole are both worth reading.