Just watched the pilot of Rick and Morty

just watched the pilot of Rick and Morty

this is fucking horrendous. awful dialogue and schizophrenic writing, flanderization before any characters can even develop in any normal way, "le powerless cuck" father and "le evil rich kid" bully. not to mention the abrasive and unfunny extended focus on Morty's suffering in the broken leg scene, and the obnoxious burps and barfs from Rick.

Does this get any better? This is actually atrocious and I now fully understand why it's derided as "reddit".

It unfortunately says a hell of a lot about the state of the average Westerner's mind, their intelligence and maturity level, when abhorrent sludge such as this is extremely popular and lauded by many as something you should waste hours of your life watching.

>"le evil rich kid" bully
holy fuck are you literally too stupid to get that joke or is that some master bait?

I'm gonna ignore the rest of your post because it some triggered pseud reddit bullshit, but
>"le evil rich kid" bully
holy fuck are you literally too stupid to get that joke or is that some master bait?

uhh

no, seriously, do you think that the kid was rich? kindly just answer, don't post memes

you know rick and morty like the back of your hand dontcha mr reddit

thanks for outing yourself. how can you tolerate watching this garbage? it's seriously low IQ entertainment for the lowest common denominator.

yeah cool. so was the kid rich? or didn't you get this very simple joke?

it's amusing how you're playing into my hands like this. of course a Rick and Morty fan would nitpick about small details while ignoring the bigger picture; it's what low IQ people do, which is why I intentionally misrepresented a small detail in the my OP to out people such as yourself.

if reddit and memey fans are so smart, how did you fall into this trap so easily? don't you have any foresight?

kk. need to take a shit, brb

DELET

>reddit and memey
kys

All the "emotional" or "deep" moments in the show are so incredibly generic and taken right out of some writer's toolbox that even good writing could barely support them
The show has some amusing moments, but beyond those it's forgettable

The Liberal trend is to act like you're smarter and more enlightened all the time, but then just turn around and watch shit like this.
Oh, and they even think this is considered deep and smart. Seriously.

OP is right, Rick and Morty is the pumpkin spice latte of TV shows.

Watching it is basically the same as admitting you're a basic bitch.

Look nothing personal but it's the truth, if you like Rick and Morty that's up to you but it does make you a pumpkin spice latte drinking basic bitch.

does it get any better in later episodes though?

I enjoy dumb things every now and then. The difference is though, I don't try to argue that they're deep and meaningful, when they're anything but.
Get your heads out of your asses liberals, you're the fucking worst.

That post perfectly sums up R&M.

If people were happy to just enjoy a dumb show it wouldn't cause these endless threads on Sup Forums, the problem is le epic Millennial redditers think by watching R&M it makes them smarter than the 'dumb' masses who probably like Drumpf and Brexit. It's a circle-jerk ego trip and they revel in it.

I couldn't tell you. I stopped watching after season 1. I hear it's basically the same shit though, only with more cultural marxism thanks to them adding a bunch of feminists to their writing staff.

i only started watching it again last week after dropping the pilot mid way about 8 months ago.

it does get better but holy fuck is it edgy

Isn't there a massive nihlist narrative in it about how life is meaningless and all that?

Literally the redditer 'I believe in nothing haha dumb Christian I r smart' demographic.

>I just watched the first episode, let me shit on it because then Sup Forums will accept me into the hivemind because I'm a fat friendless autistic virgin faggot!

It shows, newfag. It shows. Why don't you just go and kill yourself

it has it's ups and downs.

it was never that great but it's never been shitty either.
people who shit on the latest series haven't realized that it was always mediocre pop-culture reference bullshit.
it's better than the big bang theory but not by as much as some people like to think.

At this point hating rick and morty is cringier than liking it

Only watched a few eps into Season 2. It's honestly okay, just not the revelation many people think it is, and if you worship it you should be concerned

Nah liking it is still cringier, it's made for the le epic redditer Millennial demographic who believe that watching it makes them better than people around them that voted for Drumpf.

It's literally the 'lol I r smarter than u dumb Christfag/Drumpfkin xD' the TV show.

Obviously this show isn't seinfeld level of comedy, but it's still pretty good for a cartoon

Watch at least three episodes before forming an opinion

go back to le reddit.
sage.

what a cop-out
>it's not supposed to be THAT GOOD

You're just describing things, not explaining why they're bad.

We need more people around here that haven't fallen for the R&M meme, in a few years you'll be agreeing with us that it was garbage.

>I h-hate Rick and Morty too, h-honest.

We get it, you wanna fit in

*BURP*

hehe

>5 fucking R&M threads

Make a general or better yet go to Sup Forums

>Nobody belongs anywhere, nobody exists for a purpose, come watch TV

this show summarized

American dad
The simpsons
South Park
Futurama
Are all better cartoons

Just watch episode 2, if you don't like it you can throw in the towel. I think it's a big improvement over the pilot.

you are so mad right now

Is this pasta

saw this hyped everywhere so gave a handful of episodes a try. didn't like it. the end.

The irony here being how you've completely missed how pretentious your diatribes are on a cartoon.
Also the whole "damn libruls!!" fad you've bought into doesn't make you enlightened or intelligent.

You cared enough to make a post.

holy shit why do people care what cartoons people watch? lmao

>haha dude eat shit I'm fine with that xD poo poo yummy!

not everyone is a braindead redditor, user

>being triggered by burps and barfs

Guessing you're not old enough to have been around drunken assholes.

I unironically don't get the Pickle Rick joke. Is it a pun or something that non-native English speakers tend to miss?

>m-merely pretending!

>watching things i don't like is as abhorrent as eating literal shit

>American dad
Learn 2 b8

it is

The new episode was probably one of the best TV-entertainment I ever had. So there's that.

finished it 5 min ago
insanely well done

It's a non-sequitur

Waaaahhhhhhhh waaaahhhhhhhh waaaaahhhhhh

It's all I'm hearing

someone that thinks this opinions matters for nothing in my book. you're ironically less mature than a grown adult that like cartoons.

enjoy your funny burps and braps, m'redditor :)
*atheist tip*

Cringe

last episode was amazing. I am surprised there aren't more

>you know rick and morty like the back of your hand dontcha mr reddit

Anyone with IQ of 80 and above could guess that bully kid was poor as dirt. Guess who outed himself, Mr. Barely Smarter Than an Ape

>flanderization before any characters can even develop in any normal way

You have no fucking idea what flanderization is, stop using words you don't understand. Also, it is called 'reddit' because it is good, just like anything that is usually called 'reddit'

>This is actually atrocious and I now fully understand why it's derided as "reddit".

10/10 successful bait post by going full reddit while calling something reddit.

try reading the thread

greetings reddit

How about you actually watch and find out, instead of asking bunch of hateful manbabbies for their opinion?

>Also, it is called 'reddit' because it is good, just like anything that is usually called 'reddit'

>this is what redditors actually believe

I don't even watch the show. enjoy battling redditors or whatever you think you're doing cringe prince.

>try reading the thread

Try not being retarded who post uninformed shit and then goes 'j-just pretending'.

>cringe prince
cringe

nice redditor image, here's the real one

lines up with Rick and Morty fans nicely tbqh

>in a few years you'll be agreeing with us that it was garbage.

Based on what? Also, what you gonna do if that happens? Jerk yourself off? Also, how will it happen? Will we suddenly realize that show we watched, because we enjoyed is shit? Some sudden epiphany?

So many questions!

Pretty sure this isn't OP. At least I hope no one is that pathetic.

This is what someone who mocks retards calling every single thing 'reddit' believes in.

And I believe in that simply because the probability of something being deemed reddit depends on how popular something is. And popular things will usually, not always, but most of time, be good. Therefore, reddit=good

Hey retard

Most of shit on your image matches shit on my image. You honestly have sub 80 IQ, holy shit. It's fascinating truly, like encountering a gorilla in a wild.

>flanderization before any characters can even develop in any normal way

This show works in reverse. Harmon starts everyone off as a one-note catchphrase spewer, and then develops more roundness from there.

Flandesizaton is where you start with a round character and then flatten them.

Just went back to ep 1. Yeah, op is an actual retard, the only way you can miss that joke is if:

1. He wasn't paying any attention, thus he had no say in whether the episode was good or not

2. He is just an unironic autismo, which then he has no say whether the episode was good or not.

>wah wah e-battle me

''''''''''''''''''''''Person''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' that makes a thread like this one most likely is.

>uhm, guys, I watched 1 WHOLE EPISODE and I HATE it, look at me using smart words and terms to show how inteligent i am and how bad this show is do i fit in yet? Also, obligatory reddit mention for extra meme points. Don't forget the 'sheeple are truly stupid paragrapgh!!'

Lol, your image even includes paragraph 'accuses everyone else of being redditor'. Behaviour like this rings any bells, Mr. Nu-user?

>nu-user
>triggered by Sup Forums
you do realise that since the election Sup Forums has been the most popular board by a massive margin?

He doesn't realise shit, it has been repetedly proven in this thread he is braindead

haha what a mong. mad nobody likes reddit and memey!

well when you look at all the whining leftist nu anons site-wide

>repetedly

>waaah why does no one like reddit and memey guys fucking POL!!!

pathetic

cool story, justin

t. brainlet

being popular doesn't mean good, faggot. Sup Forums used to the most popular and it was shit. Sup Forums is nu-Sup Forums

what made you think I was implying Sup Forums was good? if anything i was implying the opposite by arguing that the majority of newfags are from Sup Forums.

>BUURRRRP “God’s not real Morty”
the redditor begins to chuckle
>"L-life is pointless Morty, your URP parents are fucking idiots"
the redditor laughs out loud, spewing Cheetoh crumbs all over his desk
>"W-wake up fucking sheeple, everybody is an idiot but me"
the redditor can hardly contain his full bellied laughter as chortles begin to fill the room
>"WUBALABADUBDUB POOPY DOOP FUCK SHIT"
The redditor starts convulsing on the floor, gasping for air between spasms of laughter
>"mmmm get schwifty"
the redditor’s heart explodes and he dies

This is a joke. I cant imagine anyone is unironically this sad.

No one that spends time on this fucking board is smart.

nigga its a cartoon

Jesus christ how the fuck are you so sensative to a fictional characters insults against your religion.

How are all the christians i know irl chill af but every single one on Sup Forums chinps out like a ghetto nigger at the least bit provocation. Grow some balls you fucking idiot.

>tfw not a nu-user but still have to see their cancer constantly.

So its the same basic content except it excuses the constant Sup Forums overflow that is responsible for the BLACKED threads and half a dozen other overtly political threads.

I wouldnt consider myself an oldfag, but i know that pol and r9k were never a big issue 6-7 years ago. Its literally just the last 2-3 with Donald Trump and Elliot Rogers that they have become annoying opposite SJWs.

The fact that your image defends Sup Forums despite it CLEARLY being the biggest lightening rod for newfags and offtopic posting makes you seem like a hypocrit

Why do you lose time detailing the content of a show you dislike? Would not it be easier simply ignoring it?

Does R&M ever actually reference G-d?

BTFO

Only saw the first two episodes. I don't understand how people love this and will shit on Family Guy because they're basically the same thing.

Not him, but mostly, the ones who hate fedora tippers the most are other atheists because it makes the rest of them look bad, much like the people who dislike preachy christfags the most are other Christians.

Yeah they're really not though. The fact that you think so makes your opinion invalid.

Multiple times, Rick always says god doesn't exist and he is a god but then he prays to him in one episode when he's about to die.