Original It was a masterpiece of the horror genre. A timeless classic that's still being talked about to this day

>Original It was a masterpiece of the horror genre. A timeless classic that's still being talked about to this day
>Original It is a flick that abuses jumpscares and doesn't try to be a great movie. It's just Anabelle with a Clown instead of a demon

>Original Pennywise felt like a threatening cosmic horror with unfathomable power
>New Pennywise is some weirdo in a clown suit who can make illusions I guess. He is always laughing and making weird noises

How the fuck did this happen?
Why can't classics just be left alone?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AQHs8HPGGyw
youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
youtube.com/watch?v=Kl9DTYQ5jU8&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>tv miniseries by world renowned hack Stephen King
>masterpiece

i agree. mini series was great. i don't know where all these heralded 2017 opinions are coming from downplaying the original

>>Original It was a masterpiece of the horror genre. A timeless classic that's still being talked about to this day

Big time nostalgia glasses you've got there OP.

Curry is literally the only good thing about the miniseries and moments of him actually seeming threatening are few and far between.

The book is shit

The TV serial was shit

I haven't seen the movie, but it's probably shit

>This entire post

The only thing ever brought up about the 1990s IT is Tim Curry. People don't even fucking remember Seth Green was in the movie.

>Original It was a masterpiece

If you can't admit the new movie is better than the mini series you're one of two things:
1. A massive nostalgia faggot who refuses to stop sucking Tim Curry's clown cock
2. You haven't seen the new movie
Which one is it OP?

somebody disagrees with popular consensus and you consider it bait. You're so dense with memes. get your head straight user

>Original It was a masterpiece of the horror genre
why don't you kill yourself?

Literally no one talked about the 90s movie until the remake trailer

"I'm Pennywise the dancing clown."

Walked out right there.

I honestly can't tell if people who shit on the remake are trolling or not

>Original Pennywise felt like a threatening cosmic horror with unfathomable power
Said no one ever

EXCUSE ME SIR

Tim Curry elevated the movie for sure, but it's still not great

>People don't remember Seth green
Fixed that for you Seth.

>>Original It was a masterpiece of the horror genre. A timeless classic that's still being talked about to this day
>>Original It is a flick that abuses jumpscares and doesn't try to be a great movie. It's just Anabelle with a Clown instead of a demon
Oh, sweet freudian slip.

The original IT sucked you fucking pleb

You are very dumb!

HAHAHAHAHAHAH
Utter delusion

except he was talking about the popular consensus
>A timeless classic that's still being talked about to this day
That's just wrong, it's not a classic and the only reasion why it's still being talked to this day is for a comparison with the remake

I felt the opposite with Pennywise.

Tim Curry felt like some weird psychopath who'd stab you in the woods after scaring you. Skarsgard felt like a monster controlling his appearance like a marionette.

Don't you mean
>WOH HA HA HA HA

>That's just wrong
So millennials being scared by clowns is just them being retarded millennials, right.

>The mini series is considered a masterpiece of horror
>Popular consensus
Oh am I laffin

>original it
>jump scares

I don't remember any

giant spider

No it's them seeing Poltergeist where the big scare of the movie is a fucking clown. My parents sat a clown in the corner of my room to fuck with me after they showed me Poltergeist. There's a reason Scary Movie riffs that movie instead of IT. It's because everyone's seen Poltergeist.

>he actually think that the fear of clowns is cause by It
I never wished for a post to be bait so much in my life.

No, he felt like Tim curry in a clown costume "pranking" the kids in the least scary ways possible.

We all love Tim Curry OP, but that's no reason to be a faggot. The original series was mostly awful.

Tim Curry is the virgin fat manlet. Bill Skarsgård is the big Chad.

Someone make this.

Reverse that and you are right.

Holy fuck im looking forward to when Sup Forums stops talking about It. It's so uninteresting

But Bill is 6'4 and Tim is 5'9

drider

wet shadow and bleeding lights in the shape of a spider

You could literally do that with anything faggot.

>The TRex from Jurassic Park was too big.
>Walked out right there.

Kill yourself contratrian cunt.

>youtube.com/watch?v=AQHs8HPGGyw

Old Pennywise was a hilarious troll.

>not clownhouse

Only thing I liked other than Tim Curry is seeing little Seth Green.

>Original It was a masterpiece of the horror genre. A timeless classic that's still being talked about to this day

Dude you didn't watch the newest review

It's not about size you redditor its about having the subtlety to imply horrific things without going OOGABOOGA IMA CHASE YOU

This. I appreciated how it felt and looked like pennywise was merely a vessel being controlled by an evil force.

Someone please make the version of this

He literally says "I am the eater of worlds."

After watching this, I felt like Patrice Oneal after Jim Norton trashed Independence Day

>Tim Curry as Pennywise is a timeless performance that's still being talked about to this day
Fixed for accuracy, OP. There's only one reason why anyone bothers remembering the original IT and it sure isn't the story, effects or performances from anyone other than Curry.

all of that is lies and isnt true.

So? He never felt like one. Which is what the post i was quoting implied.

Learn to fucking read, moron.

>Curry has fun with the character, but misses the feel from the book of It having a hillariously huge ego that constantly leads to his own fuckups
>Skars doesnt get to play It, he gets to be the CGIs stunt double in a movie loosely based on the book
The new movie is better, but goddamn I hope the second one does the bit the book had showing just how retarded It actually is. That whole chapter of "Im so fucking superior they only win because I let them" after failing for the 8th time to kill any of the Losers is like a reading any /vg/ rant about "paper is overpowered, scissors needs to git gud t. Rock"

I grew up watching the original It. Scared me as a kid. I have read the book and rewatched the original and realized how much was left out (for obvious reasons; too lewd and too much detail) but still the mini series was enjoyable for me. I like the story so both films were good in my opinion. I went in with low expectations (as I do with all movies really) and I was entertained. The new movie was worth the $10 my wife and I spent to see it.

I did have a few things in mind to see in the new movie that weren't there but I still liked it.

The TV mini series is not a classic. Tim Curry is an amazing Pennywise, but each part is hot shit minus several well executes scenes in the child segment.

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
it wasn't a classic. it was an ASSIC

>$0.03 has been deposited into your account by Warner Bros.

I actually do

The original is boring as fuck you faggot, the movies better, the only thing the original has on it is the creepiness is curry's performance.

Honestly, as cliché as this answer is, both actors did a very good job. Curry as more of a regular psycho clown and Skarsgard as kind of a supernatural force trying to mimic human behaviour.

Overall I liked the new IT much better, both as an adaptation and as its own movie.

>It's just Anabelle with a Clown instead of a demon

If you need RLM to form your opinion, you should not talk about classics.

That said, I'm not gonna see the new IT and I don't know why anyone would.

it being a cheap piece of shit is what made it great.

well if i recall correctly in the book Penny starts directly talking to them pretty much when they're adults

>Curry's Pennywise portrayal
>subtle

Lol I know Sup Forums desperately wants to shit on the new movie but "subtle" definitely isn't the word to describe Tim Curry's version of the role. Actually, it isn't suitable for any Curry role ever

Its also a part of the book that if It didnt have such an xbox hueg ego he would have just reached up through the toilet and killed any of them. Thats not even a plothole from some smart ass kid, It literally does that in the book to someone and later actively decides not to do it to the Losers. I hope we get more dialogue out of the clown because It is a fascinating creature, but neither movie really captures what a tool this thing is when you take away the outer layers of OOGA BOOGA *BOOOOOOOM*

Really makes you think
Also why are the movie bullies so low energy

I couldn't understand some of the new IT's lines. Fucking viking.

especially in that scene in Bill's basement, when he jumps at him and after Bill escapes he just lays there with eyes rolled back and gets fucking DRAGGED away like a corpse.

>Seth Green

It would be cool to see him reprise his role as the adult Richie

take off them nostalgia glasses man, the original IT was fucking trash. I will give you the first half is pretty good but fuck man that second half with the adults is GARBAGE.

Rewatch it and tell me its good, cause you are either retarded or lying.

>Fucking viking

?? Wrong skarsgard

>Its another Sup Forums hates a great film because it defied their expectations
How many of you faggots have actually seen the film, I can tell most of you haven't by the way you talk about it
>MUH I DON'T WANT JUMPSCARES WHERE IS LE SLOW BUILD UP AND TENSION

that shit is literally in the film you would know that if you weren't fucking blind, instead you spout your reddit tier opinions
This movie was GOAT horror

I enjoyed the new one but, as dated as the old one is .. it enjoyed a much longer lasting appeal than the new one will.

It 2017 will be completely forgotten in 5 years.

>It 2017 will be completely forgotten in 5 years.
I doubt it. Especially now that everyone will be anticipating the second movie

only the 2nd half

But he had plenty of tim to kill the Jewish kid in the sewers and the kid who broke his arm.

He spent to much time fucking around with which lead to his defeat.
The moment he sensed that they figured out how to beat his illusions in the house is the moment he should have gotten serious and killed them one by one

>rock battle scene
>hardrock intensifies
Ow god...

for real. the movie was filled with cringy shit like this.

>>Original It was a masterpiece of the horror genre. A timeless classic
I have never heard this uttered anywhere.

That was cool. Typical bully/nerds kinda shit you see in coming of age stories. Don't really anything cringy about it, they're all 13 year olds

Kek you fuckers are trying so hard to hate on the new movie it's hilarious

i enjoyed both original and the recent one

What a stupid opinion. The original is complete fucking garbage which starred the wacky judge from Night Court for fucks sake.

Wait wait I'm in the middle of it and the gangnam style scene will come off soon

youtube.com/watch?v=Kl9DTYQ5jU8&feature=youtu.be

Great job you did here

You're a fucking tard that has most likely never read the book

Haven't seen the movie, but the book and miniseries was shit. It's a flawed premise that isn't scary and is very stupid.

The fact there's a child orgy should speak volumes to the prowess of Stephen King

People will treat anything as sacrosanct as soon as you remake it, no matter what it is. It could be a 3 hour documentary chronicling the journey of a turd after you flush it and people will still write longform magazine articles on the virtues of the original compared to the remake no matter how awful or average the thing was.

He's a hack.

The child orgy in the book makes the book stupid.

The novel? Yeah. The 1990 miniseries? Fuck no. The miniseries hasn't aged well at all. The acting is all over the place, the special effects have aged like milk and the end is a mess.

>still being talked about to this day
it's only being talked about right now cause there's a remake out

Yeah I'm pretty sure that it keeps losing because of the turtle and not its own ego. It's also aware that the turtle is making it unable to kill the losers

The miniseries has Tim Curry but that's it. The film is better than the miniseries in almost every way. Better acting, better cinematography, better special effects, I could go on and on. I really hate to use the term "nostalgia glasses" but only people blinded by nostalgia could seriously think the miniseries is a masterpiece that stands head and shoulders above the film

original pennywise came off as just some pedophile/cannibal in a clown suit.

>this opinion is 10x as prevalent here after the RLM review
Really gets the neurons firing

Total coincidence!