Why do people obsess over this movie so much?

Why do people obsess over this movie so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UeSd_2aLVoE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They do? Show me ten examples of obsessing over this movie.

Because its good

It's fucking great, that's why.

because heath ledger was a well known, popular actor who died while filming a very dark role. it created a massive amount of interest around his role as joker and the film generally. then it came out and was quite good. then a huge slew of capeshit films came that make it look genius and extraordinarily ambitious in comparison. those are probably the big reasons

>being this pleb

>this sad sack never watched batman the animated series growing up and will never enjoy the live action versions
sad!

Blue\orange

They haven't seen Heat yet.

I know, it sucks.
TDKR is infinitely better and Bane is a way better than whacky why so serious man.

I think it's Bane being the only unapologetically masculine character in the primordial sense (if you forget the character assassination at the end) since Tyler Durden.

Is it suddenly 2008-2010 again?

It's just regarded as a good movie now it's not being blitzed anymore

The Dark Knight is just a really good crime thriller that happens to have Batman in it. That's why it's so good. It isn't run of the mill capeshit

>It's just regarded as a good movie now it's not being blitzed anymore
it's still considered to be the best of the comic book/superhero genre and a great movie in general

Because is the perfect Batman movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=UeSd_2aLVoE

Why bother when a videogame series did an infinitely better adaptation than will ever be seen on film?

Nolan could film himself walking down the street to get some milk from the store and his fans would call it the greatest piece of cinema ever created

only arkham asylum was good.

For me it's nostalgia desu famalam

Nope.
City>Knight>Asylum

City>Origins>Asylum>Knight

>this taste
>calling others pleb
i'm laughing o' lord

lmao

Because it was excellent. It was the time before DC hired the dark cloud and ruined everything.

Deservedly so.

>because heath ledger was a well known, popular actor

That's pure bullshit. The only thing Ledger was in was a B movie where he was a knight. Nobody remembered it then, nobody remembers it now. The Dark Knight is his only good movie.

you're wrong and you're not remembering correctly. there was a massive reaction to heath ledger's death and that was before the film came out. you're forgetting all of his films, in particular brokeback mountain. yes, they're shit films, but that isn't the issue

>a massive reaction to heath ledger's death

Generated by pure PR. Ledger was more popular dead than he ever was alive. Much more.

>brokeback mountain

A gay art house movie and a B movie with knights. I rest my case.