Now that the dust has settled, was it a good show?

Now that the dust has settled, was it a good show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2rwPPrxjqKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes very much so. There's no other show with such a fast paced writing and rapidfire wordplays.

I liked PFFR when they were Wondershozien.

Groundbreaking political shit.

Season 2 sucked

Season 1 was a good show

>show
>cartoon

It was the typical hit or miss random humor [as] show that someone picked to be the anti-Rick & Morty for cool contrarians.

it's the peak of disappointment

I agree, but when they didn't miss they hit hard. A lot of the writing is very clever.

youtube.com/watch?v=2rwPPrxjqKY

it was some funny ass shit, thats all i give a fuck about

Season 2 was fucking mind blowing. It was S1 ramped up to a thousand.

Anyone who says S2 sucked is a pleb who couldn't comprehend it.

I don't think it was a good "show." It was on the tier of an internet flash animation that David Firth might do.

I still love it though.

No. There are like 6 people with aspergers that genuinely love the show but the rest are only pretending.

It's the magnum opus of this century.

literally lol so random xD with mediocre jokes and horrible sense of timing
i don't know how they can pass this off as a comedy, it should be in the "autistic kid slams his head on the keyboard and then animates whatever words come out" genre

2deep4u

t.

Yeah, it might be a bit above most other [as] shows but it was still a mixed bag like most of them. It certainly wasn't ATHF tier (and even that was hit or miss).

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Xavier, Renegade Angel. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Xavier's existential outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Native American literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Xavier, Renegade Angel truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Xavier's existential catchphrase "frittata". I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as John Lee's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.
And yes, by the way, i DO have a Xavier, Renegade Angel tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

best animated comedy since the simpsons

Many hated it when it first came out. It aged well in retrospect, happy that it gets some kind of cult following.

This is legitimately one of my all time favourite comedy sequences

>tfw I found out about PFFR in 2003 because of a magazine article where Sofia Coppola interviewed Vernon Chatman and Alyson Levy of PFFR
>Coppola asked Chatman to explain PFFR's logo, and he said it's supposed to represent "dying homeless man's vomit who wishes it could have been his diarrhea"

I thought it was a good show.

It's hilarious but we also don't need daily threads about it.

this show is advanced shitposting

>lol so random xD
Is it 2007?

It's a good show but there are better shows from Adult Swim

Venture Brothers and Moral Orel are kino
Sealab, Frisky Dingo, Harvey Birdman, ATHF, and Mike Tyson Mysteries are pretty funny

THIS. Wonder Showzen is better than Xavier.

>mediocre jokes and horrible sense of timing
There's a lot of critiques you could level at this show, but mediocre jokes and bad timing don't apply.

what show is the live action version of xaiver?

It's a long hard dusty road..

Xavier spoiled me. I can't watch anything else anymore. Everything just feels like a slog to sit through with its snail speed writing.

Xavier manages to put more content into 11 minutes than other shows do in 44, which is incredible.

Yes, one of the best shows to be on AS

Twin Peaks season 3
Look at /tpg/ they have the same relationship with GoT as XRA "fans" have with R&M.

Police Squad

12 0z Mouse was better

Arrested development comes close

You need to go back

To 2007?

>mfw I was in a quite cafe last week on the phone with a friend and said "I'll help you, even if it kills you and me both" and everyone looked up with concerned looks on their faces

i don't get it, its not even remotely the weirdest quote i could have said from the show, fucking plebs.

>snail speed
snail + speed = chuck?

the reddit on this one is strong

As much as I hate the expression, this show was ahead of its time, right?

Wrong

for sure

Maybe

No, you are wrong to hate that expression

>ATHF
>not "kino"

No, there were a bunch of similar shows in adult swim at the time.