/tog/ The Orville General

We Need No Longer Fear the Banana Edition.

Let's start having these. What are your favorite parts so far?

>Seth McFarlane desperately wants Family Guy to end
>Tries project after project to get into something new
>Most fail, had one hit movie that got a crappy sequel
>FOX keeps renewing Family Guy

Is McFarlane living in hell?

Reminder that CBS is paying posters to slam this show

Hasn't he only been a producer on the last 3 or 4 seasons of family guy?
Pretty sure he doesn't do much writing for it anymore.

Honestly I enjoyed the first episode. Not all of the jokes land but I'll give it a chance.
Of course though it's a reasonably expensive sci-fi show on Fox so it'll be cancelled after one season.

Also, how was the seed able to grow without soil?

Did u literally not pay attention when they first landed and went to the lab?

They technobabbled that seed earlier on in the episode, just like real Star Trek.

I unironically enjoyed the first episode.

Isn't he the voice of Brian?

Just watched the first episode. I really don't get the hate. The only thing I can figure is that it's not what critics were expecting. It's not Family Guy, it's not Galaxy Quest, it's a lot more like light hearted TOS with more modern comedic moments. Sucks that it won't get another season now because of people that hate fun.

>shows up in escape shuttle with gun
>give me the device lmao
>McFarlane slams brakes, device guy lmao hits the windshield
>literally disappears
>reappears 5 minutes later on a totally other ship
??????

Voices Peter, Brian, and Stewie probably just second nature for him to do at this point though.

how long until this gets cancelled m8s

I think the part that tickled me most was the little bits near the end. When he made the Alien captain inch over the viewscreen. The moment when the security officer ripped off part of the wall.

Oh god, I also loved the bit with Norm McDonald. He fucking voiced the slime.

and Peter, and Stewie, and Quagmire, and countless small time characters (Lois' dad, the doctor with the mustache, etc)

I don't have anything against this show but i am against another redditfag circle jerk general. Fuck yourself.

A million ways to die in the West was pretty fucking funny

Hehe, "fart needles"

Norm Mcdonald's blob creature could be fun. I love me some Norm Mcdonald

>unironically
Why not just say you enjoyed it?

Why are you against whatever you think this thread is?

None of it. It was a bland mediocre Sci fi show and the humor fell flat in every single case.

It's a different one. They all look alike because McFarlane is racist against krill.

see
We know your game, CBShill.

Redditfag circle jerk

Ok Fox shill, how much are they paying you to shill for it? I'll bet it's less than I'm making.

The show has potential. I like the light scifi elements. I liked the bantz. I liked the somewhat smart jokes.

Get rid of the stupid jokes and I'd keep watching.

Yep. It's just awful crap.

>joke about affirmative action
>jokes about women
>bad reviews
Hmmmmm

Uh huh. And what do you have against it?

jesus christ the shilling of this show

Can't wait for the article after Discovery comes out about how "Orville was more authentic Star Trek". Screen cap this

Kill yourself

Well sure, you're probably going to write it. Which site do you write for again, was it Salon or Huffington Post?

Oh god not this

Shut the fuck about """"""shilling"""""" you paranoid conspiracy faggot. Go to reddit if your schizophrenic mind can't handle anonymous posters

kind of a side not but when they were speed ageing bananas did they not consider mold and other life that would develop in 100 years?

I work at a golf course, faggot. Forget your medicine today?

>that comic
>hurr diversity isnt diversity becus dey wyte

lmao

Is there a MEGA?

>racial diversity is all that matters

To be honest, i'm more concerned with the lack of political and ideological diversity in then Federation.

This

i'm curious to see how the characters will change because as it is holy shit do they suck. none of them were remotely interesting and the costumes were so poorly done. but i mean for a pilot i guess that's to be expected? though one thing it did was capture the star trek vibe pretty well so there's always hope

The problem is almost the entire cast sucks

>Annoying
Seth
His wife
Smug Black Woman
Generic Hood Black Guy

>Non-existent, no personality
Seth's best friend
Robot guy
Security chick

>Somewhat funny
Totally Not Klingon Guy

diversity of thought leads to conflict, you can't have that in a magic utopia where children do not mourn the dead

Did you ask for this?

Thanks CBS saboteur shills

The only shills are CBShills trying to promote their YAS QUEEN SJW shitfest instead of MacFarlane's comfy side-splitting litty fun.

I liked it. It's obviously an homage to Trek but I felt like it was closer in tone to Stargate SG-1. SG-1 is a tad more serious but the sense of humor the show's have about themselves is very similar, imo.

I just started watching it.

Eh. It's a fun Star Trek kinda show. Trek is getting more dark and serious. This is going the other way, but it's not bad.

Nice to see a network take on a spaceship show that's on the lighter side. Even if it is McFarlane, it's pretty good to see.

Sorry, did you not get the last update? We were explicitly told that if called out as a Fox Shill that we are supposed to false flag shitpost about the fact that we are obviously posting here. It's easier to just admit to the shilling since no one takes any of the posts seriously.

The transfur movement is coming next. Mark my words.

>Captain's ex force herself onboard
>ex think it's okay to cheat on him and blames him for not being here when he's earning money for them
>captain act like a moron the entire time
>device that allows things to mature/regress in mere instant
>the first person to act is the bitch by saying they can't create something like this, shit goes down thanks to her
>bitch steal all the attention, captain ends up letting her on board

The surgical advancements are too far behind but eventually yes. you will not that in the past cross-dressing was big but trans-sexuality did not pick up steam until hormonal injections became a thing

It's going to be much more radical than that. Nanotech will basically allow people to fluctuate their anatomical makeup almost instantaneously. First in the form of superficial things like being able to change your skin color and tattoo patterns at will, then deeper aesthetics like eye color and hair texture, and eventually hormonal changes. Literal gender fluidity.

Sg1 already poked fun at itself though

Damn that series was max comfy

I would not mind that. unfortunately from what I read the current understanding of laws of physics says that miniaturization to Nanotech level is impossible, so fixing your bum knee with mini robots is probably not going to happen

It's because we're overthinking the range of tasks and the degree of versatility each nanite would have to perform individually. The next step in machine development will be cyberneticism, crudely at first and more streamlined as the technology matures, until augmentation will feel so unintrusive that we won't even realize it's there.

>a single seed grew into a tree without water and destroyed a ship that can take asteroid hits

Im saying you can make a nanite small enough that it will devolve fat in your body without destroy you. maintenance of a nanite like that would also be unlikely

Whats the matter reddit?

Transgender advancements aren't that far advanced and most of them are superficial anyway. It's more about identity politics than actual science. Transracial failed, but there are plenty of serious transfur folk out there.

not long enough

If human cells are capable of maintaining themselves in the body, nanites will be as well. It's also one of but many avenues for ensuring longevity through cellular renewal.

Yeah it he's the creator with syndication money times fucking 3 probably by now. All he's side projects don't matter because he doesn't need to make money off of them especially if he gets renewed for another 5 seasons.

The security chief tells 2 other people to secure him, as they land and are running from the shuttle after it crashes into the bay

>hurr if I get angry my point is validated
You are poison

>Transgender advancements aren't that far advanced and most of them are superficial anyway.
True, I recall chaz bono talking about how underdeveloped the world of trans dicks surgery is but in the past they did not even have that.
>Transracial
Was too focused on skin, not bone structure etc and for some reason they assumed culture=race so X hair style = trans racial.
>transfur
well most fur already dream of their other forms but it is still limited to art and clothing.

Reminder that (((they))), since DAY ONE, have been paying Sup Forumssters to praise Tonald Drump and the neo-con establishment, lobby for intervention in the Middle East, help further drive a wedge between the American people for certain purposes, make a laughing stock of certain legitimate movements, and to distract and create a red herring rabbit hole for those seeking the truth.

Stop supporting Sup Forums. Shills WILL delete this.

have you actually read about nanites or is your perception as vague as that of teens dreaming about their AI overlords?

Your understanding of nanites is sophomoric, at best.

alara qt

The sad thing is that I think Seth is funnier than this.

Was not bad, the speed aging on that woman had me terrified though, since she must had gone through 100 years of laying down while her face aged. Doesn't that mean she was there, seeing everything going on slowly around her for 100 years? That's a fucking terrifying way to go.

ya that was straight out of TOS horror episodes..

*inhales*

THIS SHOW IS BAD STOP PRETENDING IT'S NOT

shut up, fggt

I watched the first 4 minutes then turned it off. Visually the sets and costumes look good, but god is it unfunny.

It was convenient that STD news and interviews started dropping over the weekend as The Orville as getting ready to start

The whole concept is stupid because any type of navel organization would never allow a Captain and a First Officer with that kind of relationship to serve with each other. Fraternization is a terrible idea.

It was kinda enjoyable. Nice and comfy like Star Trek so at least they nailed the tone.
A lot of the jokes fall completely flat though.

whats with the autistic furshit in the thread? anyone got an episode link?

They literally repeated that the seed could grow inside a rock or desert without any water

Well that explains why the 1st episode of Orville had something to do with time. Seriously Braga fucking ruined Star Trek, they had a check board of 3 things. Time Travel, The Borg, The Prime Directive, and every single episode that Braga had a hand in had something to do with those.

Just finished the first episode and... it's shit.

Was this supposed to be funny?

see

Did they also explain why it's wood was stronger than space age metals?

Concrete is also stronger than wood yet a simple vine can break through concrete.

what board do you think you're on?

Episode was comfy af gaurenteed this show is better than the nutrek cbs reboot hopefully it lands more than 1 season

With the assistance of water and corrosion.

Sup Forums - Television & Film

This. I'm gonna watch it every Sunday at 8pm/7pm central.

hmm, don't see anything about television or film in your post. mostly just insanity

i hope you don't think the knowledge you learned in life so far is it and you dont need to go any further.

The part where it ended.

Mainly pressure.

If you take a self inflating raft and pop it in a car and pull the cord and shut the door. It will pop the windows and bust the door hinges and any other weak points.

On the internet you actually learn less from all the stupid things you see.

thats projection. do you stay on Sup Forums all the time?