I hated Alien Covenant. Why couldn't I get Alien 5? Ripley deserves to have her character arc completed...

I hated Alien Covenant. Why couldn't I get Alien 5? Ripley deserves to have her character arc completed, Alien 3 was shit and deserved to be retconned.

Where was the Alien Queen? Ridley Scott shouldn't even be allowed near his own lore, and get rid of this Davidwanking.

Xenomorphs are supposed to be mysterious, and now Scott just turned it all into horror tropes.

There isn't a single original idea in this movie, it is a tropey, unoriginal retread.

He got it completely wrong. Aliens is the true benchmark of the franchise.

1979 is the only worthwhile Alien

>Why couldn't I get Alien 5? Ripley deserves to have her character arc completed,
She died you stupid fuck.

>Alien 3 was shit
dumb pleb, don't post here

>Ripley deserves to have her character arc completed
Ripley's character arc ended in 3 when she died. What more do you want? And no, I don't count some fucking clone as Ripley, and neither should you.

Alien aged like hot shit, and has cardboard characters. Aliens actually has characters you care for.

Alien 3 went through like 12 drafts, it IS shit.

Nobody gives a fuck about 3, not even Fincher.

>Ridley Scott shouldn't even be allowed near his own lore
I wasn't his. Dan O'bannon wrote Alien.

>archetypes are better than believable working class schlubs

>Nobody gives a fuck about 3, not even Fincher.
If you don't like Alien sequels past Aliens, stop watching them.

what a convoluted shitshow creating the deacon was

>tfw Resurrection ended up being better than Prometheus and Covenant somehow
You know I'm right.

Dan O'Bannon couldn't even get his own monster lore, he described the thing as "squamous". The entire film was a group effort.

Hicks and Newt and Bishop are just plain more developed than characters like Brett and Dallas.

>muh freezerinos
>muh bonus situation

Cast in Alien 1 is as fleshed out as the cast of Covenant and Prometheus.

What would happen if you exposed a Xenomorph to the black liquid?

Black liquid turns into a dress and the Xenomorph goes to pick up men at bars.

But didn't Scarjo just steal the clothes from her victims?

In aliens everyone is a dumb meathead. How is that better character development?

>Scarjo

It was also better than 3.

The characters that live aren't.

>Aliens is the true benchmark of the franchise.

lmfao, slide thread coming through

Ripley had her character arc completed at the end of Alien^3 when she gave her life to make the creature extinct, and to totally deny it, once and for all, to WY, both out of spite at this point and also out of altruism. I don't care for Alien^3 at all, but its resolution of the central character is completely logical and in keeping with the development of the character over the previous two films. On that basic aspect of Alien^3's story, I have no complaints. For the rest, I can complain all day.

When things got STUPID was with the fourth flick, both because it presumed to ruin a perfectly, neatly tied-up trilogy by adding an installment, and further because the central character really isn't the central character, but it was vaguely necessary that she be grown, alongside the aliens, for reasons and via technology which are never made clear. The post-Jurassic-Park audience are supposed to be sophisticated enough to just accept "derp they had to grow her too", or something, and just go with it. No I will not just go with it, you shat up a well-resolved trilogy with your bullshit and set the stage for AvP and prometheus-shit to follow.

See >Ripley's character arc ended in 3 when she died. What more do you want? And no, I don't count some fucking clone as Ripley, and neither should you.
kys cock sucker.

How do those two posts not comply with one another?

both Prometheus and Covenant ended up making the Alien franchise worse. The only thing Covenant had going for it was the visuals and gore. Fucking garbare script in both movies

Alien 2 is unironically the best one, closely followed by the original. The rest are literally "who cares-tier"

You're treating it as if anyone cares about the retarded "science" behind it. It's set hundreds of years after 3. Nothing it did or didn't do affects any of the previous films.

The two posts that you have just cited were written by two different people - mine was the longer of the two. That said, the other post , which you just quoted, is absolutely, literally and irrefutably correct, in every clause of it. Weaver's performance as Ripley 8 is also noticeably different from the turns she takes as Ellen Ripley, /exactly because she is portraying a different character/. That is why Ripley 8 is far less emotional, a bit more "animalistic", and somewhat at-ease in proximity to the aliens. The clone's humanity only really comes back out when she is confronted with the horror of the botched versions of herself, and what it says about her.

Ellen Ripley has not been portrayed in a film since she fell T2-style, a bit Christ-like, into the fire. One spot where I actually prefer the theatrical cut over Assembly is how it pops out when she's on her way down and she holds onto it: nope little buddy, I'm going down and dammit, you're going with me.

Daily Reminder: Everything after Aliens is non-canon because Alien 3 is bullshit that jumps off the actual Aliens universe storyline.

It wasn't original but it was a solid, enjoyable film. Really the only good one in this whole franchise after 2.
>3 better than Covenant
surely you jest you insane madman you

Why tf did they split up? Don't they know that the Alien can easily kill them? Stupidest cast ever.

Why did they go far away enough for nobody to even hear him die/get eggmorphed? Fucking terrible script.

Aliens was Alien but worse and it ruined the lore of the franchise.

Why tf does nobody kill the synthethic when they realize that he cares more about the alien, than the person it just killed?

Why did they let Kane mingle with the crew? Why didn't the basic medical tests they ran found a tumor turning into a chestburster inside of John Hurt?

At the time of Brett's death, they still think they're dealing with a single thing the size of a snake, and not a man-sized beast. Splitting up is still a bad strategy in any event but it's not ludicrous in this case, as they really did have to retrieve the cat in order to prevent another false positive. You have to have /some/ tropes in your horror film.

If you are referring to Ash's reaction immediately after the thing pops out:

1) they don't know that ash is a robot.
2) the pure shock of the moment, of-itself, does much to disrupt rational analysis of Ash's "defense" of the thing
3) the "defense" need not even have been construed as a "defense", in-the-moment. It is also reasonable, in the context of the event, that Ash is a doctor who wants to prevent further injury to the remaining crew. Further, it is reasonable to suppose that the creature has the same sort of caustic blood as the first creature, so this is another (correct) explanation after-the-fact. And no one (apart possibly from Ash, depending on how good his intel was) could possibly have known how quickly the thing would skitter away.

The rest of your complaints are easily addressed by the fact that Ash is the only doctor-ish/medical dude aboard the craft, and /he's/ the plant. Of course he's going to game the whole operation so as to avoid losing the specimen.

Your language is confused. If you reject an immediate sequel, part 2, for whatever reason, then you should simply say something along the lines of "the sequel ruined the ideas of the original", and not bother with even mentioning "the lore of the franchise" when all that you can possibly meaningfully mean at this point is whatever you liked in the original film.