Literally the most ambitious film a major studio has put out since Kubrick...

Literally the most ambitious film a major studio has put out since Kubrick. Making Noah completely broke Aronofsky's mind.

You'll have to elaborate. JLaw and "ambitious" don't seem to go together for me

>tfw you literally ruin your entire movie by casting JLaw

Bravo Aronofsky, you've hit it out of the ballpark again!

>that James Jean artwork

Bardem and Pfeiffer are ultimately more important characters (God and Eve, respectively). JLaw is quite good in it though, might be her best work yet.

I would see this flick if they'd cast a decent actress.

looks like epic dogshit!!!

Is it any good? Thought i might go see it soon but idk.

If you like Rosemary's Baby and Aronofsky's other work then you will like it

>Oh wow looks like Jlaw finally got a decent agen-

Well fuck

It's a shameless ripoff of Rosemary's Baby.

It's a retelling of Biblical/gnostic themes, which is exactly what Rosemary's Baby is.

Aronofsky already said the movie is about climate change and that the house and Jenifer are supposed to represent Earth and Gaia. Pretty sure that's not what Polanski was going for in Rosemary's Baby.

All for muh dik.

Muh rosemary's baby.

He's a fucking fraud.

>since kubrick

The Fountain, The Wrestler, Black Swan were amazing.
Noah was okay. I really hope this turns out good

Every non pledge already knows that Aronofsky is a Nolan tier hack.

It looks like a mix of The Shining, Rosemarys Baby and Stalker...but is it gonna be as good as any of them? Doubtful

>Forgetting John Glazer

>JLaw
Gross

>Absolutely hideous illustration.
>It captures the whole "acting" range of Jlaw.

MFW

Would've seen it already if it weren't for JLaw. Just her face in that art is fucking irritating. I'll wait until it's on cable or it's leaked so I can skip through her scenes

Sup Forums bunch of pleb fucking morons for letting an actress get to them so much. They are just instruments for the director. No more no less.

Really captures her shiny fat puffin face that looks like she has an extra layer of skin that keeps her from emoting

Yeah because Passengers totally wasn't riding on Jlaw's star power alone. Wonder how that turned out.

I definitely got that impression from watching the trailer, and the fact that it's called "mother", but the reviews still got me interested.

I usually can separate an actor from their characters except when it's a shitty actor that can't separate themselves from the character. Her shitty cunt attitude shows through all her roles now. It didn't used to either, she's watchable in her early stuff.

I don't want to set the world on fiiiiiiiire. I just want to start a flame in your heaaart.

I don't like Requiem for a Dream, but The Fountain is one of the few visionary films Hollywood has made in the last 20 years, and because of that I respect based Aronofsky.

She's not a bad actress though. She was fine in American Hustle.

this made me laugh

What the fuck is this movie even about

>Literally the most ambitious film a major studio has put out since Kubrick. Making Noah completely broke Aronofsky's mind.

Eat a dick. Showtime just put out 18 hours of unfiltered Lynch.

Gay fucking shit dude

>Girl marries guy older than her and super successful
>Moves into his apartment building with him
>Husband seems to know everyone in the building
>Weird stuff starts happening, she starts having satanic dreams and visions
>She gets pregnant one day
>More satanic nightmares and visions about her baby
>She's due any day now
>One night when she's sleeping, husband takes to her a satanic ritual
>surprise, the husband and everyone living in the building are apart of a satanic cult and they perform a satanic ritual on J-Law to try and turn the baby into the anti-christ
>lots of blood stuff, pouring blood on her, animal hearts, cutting her flesh with a knife
>she wakes up during it, panics, freaks
>her husband restrains her, tries to calm her down, and eventually does, and explains to her what he's doing, that he is the devil and she is carrying his baby and she is destined to for this, bla bla bla
>he encourages her, or hypnotizes her (it's never clear, it's subtle and left to the viewer) and she agrees to have the baby

this film looks stupid as shit. Art School tryhard much? maybe these posters are just rubbing me the wrong way

>Art School tryhard much?
Why do people like you even come here? Stick to Sup Forums please.

poor criticism.
look at those posters, looks like something they'd use for a fake film in a sitcom desu

WHO THE FUCK CARES ABOUT POSTERS???!

What the fuck that's literally Rosemary's Baby. Should have just called it a remake or readaptation.

Well Im sorry, I dont watch trailers.

you fucking cunt. i better hope this is fake or i will find you and burn you alive

What will their celebrity couple nickname b-?
>JewLaw
Oh...

Did JLaw say something mean about Trump or something? What's with all the hate for her on here?

>It tries so desperately to be crazy and disturbing that all we can see is the effort made and the money spent. No wonder there's an exclamation mark in its title. Aronofsky just doesn't know when to quit.
That's most of his films and I fully agree with this statement.