What did you think of IT, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/88mbm
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1505195704012.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

9/10

good cgi

streamable.com/88mbm

Haven't seen it, but I'm going to see it with my dad who was born in the 50's. I'm looking forward to it.

8/10.

Horrible CGI. People actually fucking liked the Georgie boys arm scene. That shit made me cringe. Move was decent

8/10 because Bev is a fucking qt

dumbass nigger

I liked It a lot. the kid stuff really hit me in the feels and the horror shit got me pretty spooked. especially since they acknowledged my fear right from the fuckin get go (bright eyes in darkness).

i haven't seen the movie the miniseries or read the book but i'm pretty sure it's complete shit

I liked it more than i thought I would, but the "fight" scenes were dull as shit, turning a horror movie in to power rangers for a combined five minutes.

What do you rate it?

i went into it with no expectations, never watched the original.

It was fucking stupid.

>Pennywise sounds like Yoda
>kills a kid who was barely afraid of him
>won't kill 5 kids who are terrified because apparently theyre not afraid enough
>cliche score buildup to jumpscares
>frog from Stranger Things won't shut the fuck up

literally a 2/10, i liked the redhead and the fat kid.

nigger

Are you talking about Patrick?

>Read the book biiiiiiiitch!!!!

shIT

bookfags can fuck off this is a film forum

It was fun, 7/10

>Can only notice it when it's paused
>The Tim Curry version has a terrible looking stare into the camera for like 4 seconds

We're talking about context at this point. My book-reading is as relevant as your bullshit, but far more applicable.

no, because we're talking about what the film is, not what it could have been, retard.

Expected generic zombie movie with a clown slapped on.
Got genuine spooks, a likeable cast of characters and a good comedy.

Just admit reading is too hard for you

4/10

judd apatow tier dialogue
shit CGI
weak characterization

overall bland and formulaic

10/10 top notch comedy

Leftist propaganda made by a notorious Trump hating nobody who apparently write books no one reads but uses his political viewings as leverage to advertise himself amongst reddit cuckerinos.

Great, 8.5/10
Anyone saying this movie is below a 5/10 is just shitposting or actually hasn't watched it. Or both

8/10, an enjoyable film with some great little spoops and non-retarded 80's pandering.

Yes but what did you think of the movie

There is literally nothing political about IT.

Best popcorn movie of the year
capeplebs BTFO

It was a solid 8, however I wasn't a big fan of some of the changes they made. Did they really need to make Ben the historian over Mike, and why resolve the character arcs for Bev and Eddie in this part and not in the second part?

Doesn't Bev just become a whore in the second part?

>Capeplebs vtfo
This. It beat both Wonder Woman and Spider-Man domestic opening weekend. It only opened in a few foreign markets too

What did Pennywise mean by this?

Dated CGI and the clown wasn't very convincing. Came of as edgy "supposed to be scary" version of Pennywise with that constant "lolimsoscary" frown with the forehead tilted forwards.

Otherwise it was better in all areas than the old one.

did you read the book though because this pennywise was way closer to how it's described in the book than the original movie

No. She becomes a whore before it and stops like 10% of the way in.

No, but I recognize a better performance when I see it.

I tell people to watch the new IT if they want to see a Stranger Things spinoff. But if they want to experience Stephen King's IT, listen to the audio book and get their shit rocked.

This movie played it safe and didn't explore what made IT or Pennywise terrifying. They touched on it with moments where adults ignored the horror happening to the kids or where other adults were horrific without IT manipulating them. It's an exhausting helpless feeling that the losers only overcome through the bond they share and the power lended to them by the turtle.

It's a shame, but oh well.

It was okay. It worked as a kids in summer movie, was unintentionally hilarious as a scary movie. Loud jump scares oooh. Some bad actors and unnecessary kids (mike and Stan). Final 30 minutes were great though

He's taking the form of Pennywise the dancing clown?

bro this is not being ""redpilled"" or whatever the fuck. you are retarded as hell and giving me a bad case of secondhand embarrassment

Holy shit is that an actual scene

It is real and this is real too

He's a dancing clown so he dances. Just kino stuff, you wouldn't understand

It's a lot better in context
It has one of the kids in his lair and is trying to spook her there's extremely dissonant and unsettling music playing when he dances, and the silliness kind of throws you off your guard when he jumps at her and his whole face opens up revealing hundreds of teeth and bright cosmic lights emanating from inside his head

Kino

alien dances Gundam style?

How do you rate this reading of the orgy scene?
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1505195704012.webm

Was so happy to see a reference to the Deadlights and hope it's explored more in the sequel

So did they arrest that black boy for killing Hank/throwing him into the well? Or that redhead for killing her father?

8/10 please recover soon Sup Forums I'm worried about you

R-Rated Goonies badly spliced with modern jumpscares.

Stand by Me produced by Wes Craven

9/10; looking forward to the Sequel

>judd apatow tier dialogue

Well...that's because judd apatow writes adults characters like they were young teenage children.

....ergo a movie about a bunch of teenage children having teenage children dialogue is...on point.

Were these little kids suppose to be talking Gary Oldman or something?

wheres the shIT poster?

neither die.

except thats how it goes, "It" isn't a particularly physically powerful being in its lair, and so long as you believe you can hurt it (with some help from a certain turtle) you can.

even in this movie, they play this, when he goes to hit him with the cattlegun and its not loaded it still causes It to get burned because he believed it was loaded.

They pretty much gutted Mike's entire character. I literally don't know how to describe him other than "the black one".

>and why resolve the character arcs for Bev and Eddie in this part and not in the second part?

The sequel is pretty much a given now, but with the nightmare the production of this move turned out to be, I think they wanted to wrap things up neatly enough that if it didn't happen, the movie could still stand on its own well enough.

>nightmare the production of this move turned out to be
Source? Why do you say this?

Last ditch effort to frighten Bev? Like, last trick in the book to pull before just saying fuck it and breaking out the Deadlights?

Alternatively, I don't think this version of It really "got" humans, so maybe It genuinely thought that's what "dancing" means and it was just supposed to be a dramatic entrance?

Nice trips

Not the user above but apparently they had one director bow out, they had like fifteen billion different concept arts for pennywise and the original actor to play pennywise dropped out when the director did or some shit.

I think the movie was suppose to come out 2 years ago and the sequel to come out this year to line up the whole "27 years" thing.

this, "It" doesn't understand humans, it knows information, but doesn't understand or care about the context or the meanings.

the most it thinks about people is that they live and grow old and they can die.

....are you serious?

They started Development in 2009, then scrapped everything in 2012 when they decided to make it a duology and brought in Fukunaga, then scrapped everything AGAIN in 2015 when they replaced Fukunaga with Muschietti and rewrote the script.

If IT doesn't understand humans, how can it have conversations with them?

Kino. Anyone who says otherwise is a dumb embryo.

It understands Humans in, like, an academic sense. It's studied and observed them, and can sense shit like their fears desires and shit. But, like, It doesn't UNDERSTAND Humans. It doesn't get why we talk or act the way we do, just how they do it.

Well Sup Forums half consists of basement dwelling mongoloids so that would explain a lot

Typical Sup Forums poster, understands nothing about film or the film itself and only acknowledges the underage girls.

>movie is objectively great
>popular as fuck
>cultural event
>Sup Forums screeches autistically
Fury Road all over again

I want Penny to bully me and rape me.

>objectively great
far from that
>popular as fuck
capitalized on pop culture in the strew of YET ANOTHER remakes the pedowood has been churning out recently

I would love this movie if it weren't for the fact that it takes all of the negative aspects of modern horror movies and stuff's them in.

All around better actors than the miniseries. But I felt they focused way too much on the comedy rather than the horror. There were some missed opportunities, like Pennywise in the miniseries uses the wolf man, and this mummy creature? to take form and scare the kids, it would've been interesting to see possibly Jason, or Freddy(considering they referenced the franchised) as one of those. That jittery they used once and awhile on Pennywise has never been scary. I liked everything aside from the spooky parts.

What are deadlights? Like looking into space, universe, galaxy, other hells, death?

Deadlights is IT's true form. I'm not sure what it actually represents but perhaps some sort of a... "reverse" cosmic light? Like black hole maybe except it's not black.

>why haven't you watched the remake of IT?
>its getting rave reviews
>are you too scared or something?
>its really good
>what you haven't watched it yet?
H..how do I explain to my bluepilled friends and co-workers that the reasons I am not going to watch it is because Stephen King said a mean thing about Trump?

You mean dumbass homeschooler

I liked both movies but they both have glaring issues. Fury Road doesn't have a single well-written character to its name and has to spell out every event and character interaction to the audience. It has below average CGI and a score that can really detract from the horror at times.

Like every proper noun in a Stephen King novel it barely gets explained, the Deadlights are supposed to be It and can hurt people's souls.

do you lack self-awareness or something, brother

The source of all evil or something like that. It's extremely ambiguous because it's supposed to be "indescribable" (Lovecraft etc.). Also, it doesn't even belong in our universe.

I just watched it it's okay.
Finn's character is funny and Ben is great, the rest range from okay to bad

Nothing. Still waiting for a decent stream

Another universe's hell. He is a fucking alien bringing his death to US.
"Let me show you what I been through"

A Wormhole Alien.

hello carl

Kill yourself pedofuck

Giygas.

They should get him back in part 2

>the no hitler-penny for stan

Is the stand worth reading?

me too but I also want him to be in the Monster Mode (teeth claws and stuff).

>Hitler
>not an empty bank account

I have a clown fetish now

First half of IT always reminded me of the first 2 Mother games, stories about a group of kids going off to fight a cosmic evil, the movie was also pretty good, although the score is horrible

And crazy red eyes like in the end of the film.

I think the scariest shit was when they fat kid was in the library and that librarian in the back was blurred but you could see her smiling and looking towards the camera, I don't think anyone else noticed but her face was fucking terrifying

Does anyone have a gif of the scene where mike getting rekt at the river, and he sees pennywise looking at him from the grass then waved at him suddenly with a ripped off arm.
That part made me fucking laugh so hard.

Also the part when they were looking at the projection reel fucked me up the most.

I always wonder why do fat american children literally look like inuits, with a moon-like face and little eyes.
Is it because they are born obese?

Agreed! I felt like no one else noticed that shit, but it's what stood out to me the most.

Yeah, like that... all ready to leap and take me down.

This is pretty much how I feel about it. But I especially loved Pennywise and Eddie in this version.

Showing his arrival to Earth

I think it takes a piece of your consciousness at the least. Bev came back from the deadlights, but I think the people who It ensnared and killed are pretty much stuck in some kind of hell forever.
You can hear screams and pleas for Beverly to "help us" when It's face peeled open, but It had no reason to scare her or lie.

They might be borrowing from a line in the book or the original movie, where Stan's head says he's "in the deadlights now".
>tl;dr- deadlights are a fate worse than death

What happened to the kids that they found in IT's lair?