Why do you guys have problems with method acting?

Why do you guys have problems with method acting?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5xcp6x2ZU2o
youtube.com/watch?v=zVg1EGeAeG8
youtu.be/yjjn8izKzC4
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We don't.
Method acting is fine as long as it's not Jared Leto doing meme shit for attention while still being shit on screen.

I've seen what meth can do to a man and I don't want to endorse that kind of stuff.

works in theatre

comes out as "obnoxious" in film and tv

method acting is fine, "method acting" is not

to correctly do this, you need to place your thoughts in a similar pattern to your character's. you don't just emulate their psychological disorder in your daily life or decide to stop wearing shoes because the character doesn't wear shoes; this is obviously not actual method acting to anyone who understands it at all.

It's just retarded. Why not just act when you need to and don't be an annoying cunt when you don't need to? If you can deliver a performance of equal quality when behaving this way (i.e. like a normal human being), then you're better than the equivalent method actor.

On top of being obnoxious and pretentious ("sorry Daniel Day Lewis isn't here right now, I'm someone else"), it's often used for publicity more than anything else. And its often so dumb that a meme evolves out of it, like we saw with Leto's joker.

they get it

take 84

user tries to make a point

*snap

Acting is fucking retarded

>I stand in front of camera and memorize lines. I am le artist xD

Actors should all kill themselves.

Depends on the place it's coming from.
If you're doing to it to gain attention on Conan you're a faggot. But if you want to feel as bad as a character to really dive deep it's ok.

Method acting is for shitty actors who can't act. How many jobs or even forms of art are there that require you to do them 24/7 in order to do them? Not to mention how shitty meme actors don't even deliver performances that are noticably better than regular good actors.

Acting takes practice. Good actors are hard to come by but i think anyone has the potential to be a good actor.

So how do actors prepare for a scene where they're supposed to cry?

youtube.com/watch?v=5xcp6x2ZU2o

Someone off camera blows menthol into their eyes. Did you actually think these people were talented?

youtube.com/watch?v=zVg1EGeAeG8

A few scenes would easily show the range of most actors.

Being able to get the viewer to immerse himself/herself into the scene is a whole different thing

ITT. plebs

LEAVE METHOD ACTING TO ME

youtu.be/yjjn8izKzC4

Look: fp

C U T

HRRNNNNNGGGGGG

>eats raw fish
>lives in wilderness
>still has no range and can only go RRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHH on camera
The irony