Are you guys not talking about this because it actually looks good and you can't shitpost about it?

Are you guys not talking about this because it actually looks good and you can't shitpost about it?

youtube.com/watch?v=urcOefroBw4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6-DOeEkqOZg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm not talking about it because I don't want to see any trailers or pictures before seeing the film.

All blind here. Maximum enjoyment derived.

I can respect that, I normally would but I was on the fence about whether or not Ridley was going to fuck this up with his senile meddling, so I wanted to extinguish my hope as soon as I could.

Looks like pretentious bullshit to me.

Jared leto sure is ACTING
Movie looks like shit, will probably flop

Is this the same retard predicting Wonder Woman and It would flop? You should fuck off with your shite predictions fag.

My worries were set aside when they got Villeneuve and Deakins to make the film. It's going to be good.

>le will flop meme
Why haven't you killed yourself yet?

Looks fantastic, I'm stoked

>Why haven't you killed yourself yet?

Because i love my life you sad fucks

Same reason why I didn't talk about/watch the Robocop reboot even though Robocop is one of my favorite action movies.

Blade Runner is a great movie, so why would I want to watch a loosely attached sequel/reboot/whatever which will most likely simply re-iterate what I've seen in poorer form?

I've never seen any Terminator franchise movies past Terminator 2 also. They just seems redundant to me.

Maybe I'll watch it for Leto and Lennie James.

it's the guy from Marco Polo what a crime it is that Netflix canned his show. Only propaganda is allowed I guess.

>Being directed by someone who actually has artistic integrity in Hollywood
Why would we complain about it? I mean fuck Jared Leto but if the movies cool then alright.

We've already seen all of this footage when it released last week. You obnoxious shill you made it sound like it wouldn't be in the movie at all and now you are saying it's the first 5 minutes of the movie.

>pretentious
just curious, what is the most intellectually competent but not pretentious movie in your view?

>excessive color grading
>looks like bland scifi story
>Leto is annoying
>old Deckard
>I can never take Goose seriously
Just looks like Nu-SW all over again, hacks shitting up the legacy of something I like a lot. Haven't loved any of Villenueve's other stuff so I'm not onboard that train. Will be above average aesthetically and that's about it. Won't flop though, that user needs to stop being so optimistic, the endless trash is here to stay until some new blood reminds people what quality is

yeah well that's blade runner for you

>shill
Lel

I don't know if it's the first five minutes, the dumb title of the video says that, who knows if it's true.

I just wanted to hear what people think about this. I actually liked what I saw and it gave me hope that this could be kino.

No no no. I'm just doin' my directing and I play it fair. Bigger than you... bigger than you have said that my movie will flop. An' they were movie critics at that!

show what shit.

but the setting was pure kino

>I mean fuck Jared Leto
What? Why? You do realize he's done more than just Suicide Squad right?

Unironically this. I've never managed to finish the film, it's just soooooo slow.

t. capeshit customers

This. It's getting to the point where I'm not enjoying movies anymore because of all the posts I read on here. Even when watching It all I could think of was how much of a pussy the Jew kid was, and how I need to see what Sup Forums had said about him.

>IB4 fragile faggot

Casting Jared Leto is an instant taking a shit on your own movie. The guy is atrocious. The picture will suffer just because he is on screen EVEN if he does a good job it is just too much shit tied to his persona now.

A discount Johnny Depp.

It's a slow burn for sure.

That was better than anything in that shitty Ghost in the Shell flick released earlier this year.

They so much wanted to have intensity there, but it was just filmed awfully, and
>Jared leto sure is ACTING
and them just generally not saying anything interesting ("I'm building new supermans" "oh no") makes it feel really bland.

Compare that to the new Alien's opening scene, which is not meant to be intense, mind you. It's people talking about sci-fi shit, and it could feel pretentious, except it's not. You actually understand Fassbender's feelings, you actually listen and understand what they're saying. It's captivating.

Anything with Jared Leto manages to be shit.

fuck you man, I'm trying the best I can, I don't know what depp does, but for SSQ it was one of the most rigourous days of my life

it looks so bad we dont even bother shitposting

31 posts 19 IPs hmmm I wonder how easy it is to spot the samefags

We're all nervous and cautiously optimistic about it. Really doesn't help that they went with the standard blue/orange scheme for the poster to attract morons and Harrison is wearing a $5 t-shirt through the movie.

>can't appreciate the merits of one of the most stylistically influential films of all time
Are you guys just here for the GOT generals or capeshit wars or something? Even if you're plotfags (who are cancer btw) that aspect of the film is flawlessly executed as well, albeit simpler than plotfags like. Just turn off all your lights and other screens, turn the sound up loud, let it suck you in and see where you mind goes while watching it, if you have an ounce of creativity you'll be end up on some pretty interesting tangents.

I'm probably wasting my time here

The first one isn't a classic by any stretch of the imagination. Subtract Vangelis and it's an average film barring one speech.

Get on the floor and suck my cock.

It's certainly going to ruin any fan delusions that the original was an art film

>standard blue/orange scheme
this worries me too, as long as most of the movie keeps the level of saturation to this one scene I'll be happy

>Harrison is wearing a $5 t-shirt through the movie
holy shit fuck you man, now I won't be able to take any of the scenes he is in seriously

The blue/orange scheme has been a standard of painting for hundreds of years you bandwagoning little shit. To think people out there exists who are THIS triggered by the color scheme of a fucking poster is beyond me.

>We're all nervous
Who the fuck is nervous here? Nobody. It's most likely going to be decent and if it's not, so fucking what it's just a movie. The rest of your post is retarded though so I guess you're the type that get "nervous" over films.

the lighting was exquisite

You sound like one of those insecure faggots that joins conversations just to slap your dick on the ground without contributing anything.

has anyone seen the old one here? i mean really blade runner again after all this time? >_> Have we not learned our lessons from all the extra terminator films that didn't need to be made?

he's right though who the fuck is nervous about the umpteenth shitty soft reboot of a classic movie by modern corporate hacks

That's not from the movie though, it's just a promotional short video shot after they finished filming.

Really? That's not fucking good.

The david shorts were infinitely better than prometheus, which was hot garbage. Now I'm concerned again :(

prometheus was great, though (stupid crew members aside). it looked great and was a fun campy sci-fi/horror blend. this scene was fantastic
youtube.com/watch?v=6-DOeEkqOZg

>fun campy sci-fi/horror blend
You are acting as if it was made that way on purpose, and it wasn't. As far as camp goes, it was just alright in the pantheon of funny-bad movies. I saw actual potential in the premise for it to be something greater than just schlock, if you can't see how what we got is just more hollywood garbage, I'm afraid you might be a pleb.

Even Villeneuve couldn't save Arrival. Hollywood trash is always trash, no exceptions.

Arrival was alright though.

>Hollywood trash is always trash
So what are you doing on the Film board then? I don't see you making any threads about European arthouse cinema.

yeaaaah, fuck everything! the world sucks and i'm super cool for never getting excited for movies! i am knee deep in pussy and money because i am an internet badazzz

I fucking was doing that until the trailer came on before IT and I didn't want to look like an autist by plugging my ears and closing my eyes.

But it looks good, so whatev.

>I fucking was doing that until the trailer came on before IT and I didn't want to look like an autist by plugging my ears and closing my eyes.
I do that shit all the time no remorse. Fuck the theatres for pulling those spoiler bombs on me.

cheap cash in for the latest trend of bringing back dead IPs. It didn't need a sequel, so obviously one exists.

Im also laughing at the people who think Villeneuve/Deakins are guaranteed gold. lol no. literally film school director/DoP. I mean theyre fine but not the saviour of anything.

This post was made by someone who considers himself much smarter than he actually is, as evident by his embarrassing post attempting to downplay talent to absurd accusations.

nah Im as stupid as anyone just very skeptical of everything, but nice assumption you idiot.

>This post
>embarrassing post

YA ALMOST LOST US THERE, THANKS FOR REMINDING US YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT HIS POST AGAIN.

>he's not excited for another mediocre, unnecessary soft reboot of a movie he likes a lot
>must be a depressed nihilist internet badass
underage redditors please leave. I get excited when things look good and are made by people I like. as far as I'm concerned Nu-Blade Runner only has Deakins going for it and it looks like they're smearing his cinematography with excessive color grading anyway. is you as well?

tell us more about your brooding and cynical outlook on life.

>brooding and cynical
Literally could not be further from the truth dude, it's a wonderful world we live in. I'm not onboard the hype train for this movie is all. I hope you can get a handle on your projection, you'll be much happier. You'll probably grow out of it, most do. :^)

But why is Jared blind? I remember a scene where a replicant took a manufactured eye out of a nitrogen jar, surely if he's rich he could buy himself a new pair of eyes.

Also I find it stupid that his eyes move. I'd rather see him stare in the void like Daredevil does in the marvel series.

>Anonymous
Where do you think we are?

It does seem like a real sequel after the years and not a soft reboot piece of shit, I gotta give them that.

I think you hit the nail on the head there. it does look good. however I'm guessing it's going to have the exact same plot and end up a glorified reboot.