Pickle Rick

Now that the dust has settled... was it funny?

It was a middle finger to the "Rick and Morty is actually super deep" wankers. Rick literally says there's no deeper meaning to the shit that he does, he just turned himself into a pickle, because why the fuck not?

The fact that nobody seems to state the obvious point of this episode in any of the threads that are made about it just goes to prove that people on this site have a hateboner for things normies like so hard, that it blinds them to when the thing they hate is literally agreeing with them and backing up their criticism that it infact, isn't deep at all.

I think by not even remotely answering the question, you actually answered the question.

No, it wasn't funny.

I think that by posting this thread, as though it hasn't been posted plenty of times before, you're really just after a circle jerk thread of why Rick and Morty is bad. Just be more honest about it, user.

As for the episode? It was ok. Not brilliant, but far from the worst animated comedy episode I've seen. Rick making a mech suit out of rats was mildly amusing, and I liked the bit where he stapled a gherkin onto himself to seal a wound. Was it hillarious? No. Was it funny? Sort of in places.

There, I've answered your question.

yes, truly a show made for us redditors

Not specially funny, but the whole episode was ok

It was written by some annoying asian girl who thinks pickles are *lol so random*

No.

>pickles are *lol so random*
this
> It was a middle finger to the "Rick and Morty is actually super deep" wankers
nope
Stop trying to find some deeper meaning in shows where there is clearly none.
You remember all those potato memes for facebook normies? This is exactly the same thing, just with a pickle, because "lol, lets do something totally new and random".

So which is it?

It would've been kinda funny if normies didn't reddit all over it.
I can say the same thing about most of the show actually.

No. Forced memes aren't funny.

It was alright. I definitely laughed a bit during the episode. But it there obviously wasn't smart humor or anything super noteworthy. It only gets brought up because the show is popular and the average normie likes simple memes. Nothing new.

The episode itself was okay.
Pickle Rick on its own as a catchphrase or joke or whatever was never funny and will never be funny.

The joke was "look how random this is and how cool I am Morty" and Morty's impression of it is "This is just stupid and not clever or funny Rick" as well as him seeing through the facade.

Sadly all the fans reacted to it as "Ahaha, so funny and random! a pickle! PICKLE RICK! He's so cool!"

The nuance of Rick being predictable and underestimating his family seemed to go over most peoples heads. These are the most common fan who think this program is the greatest thing ever.

Ehh. It was about as good as a cartoon episode about a man who turned himself into a pickle can possibly be.

Funny how all the people who think they are smart for liking rick and morty are actually fucking retarded.

Does anyone here actually seen the initial scene at all
The joke is that he is just trying to get away from going to family therapy.
The joke is that he went to such insane ways to avoid an hour of sitting down and talking to a therapist.
I do agree that the episode got progressively unfunnier, as they had no idea on how to keep the momentum running. The action scenes, the crime lord bit, the "haunting pickle" shit were all unfunny to me and just dragged on.
The most funny bit was the aftercredits scene where Jaguar shows up and saves Rick and Morty from the piano guy, since I wasn't expecting that intro scene bit to show up in the actual show

>does anyone here actually see--

let me stop you right there. We dont see things on Sup Forums. We simply look for praise from the general masses, then we shit on it so we can feel superior in our tastes.

We dont watch things here so stop trying to explain it.

We've all seen the reddit and facebook group screenshots.

It's a good show, it's pretty funny(more so earlier on), but it's stupid in the same vein that Family Guy and Southpark are stupid. You're watching it to turn your brain off. They all have some clever elements. Some genius moments, but none of that makes any of them a show for smart people.

The picklerick episode wasn't bad, but it's definitely over hyped.

The fight scenes were cool I guess but definitely the worst part of it was fighting the rats and basically being a super hero. Nail guns coming out of no where etc. and doing this over the top badass thing.
I can get behing the biological prosthesismade from animal parts thing. It was a gross out moment but came along as a clever solution for his predicament. I think they wasted a chance to do something better.
Have the whole sewer section be a desperate struggle. makeshift sword or spear made from a discarded scalpel. Really struggle to fight off the rats and it feels risky, but still keep the interesting choreography. Would have drawn viewer in more and felt more rewarding rather than have him just wipe the floor with everything to show of "Look how cool and strong Rick always is, he's basically a demigod"

do people watch this show because its funny? i just enjoy it because of how creative and thought provoking it is.

Yeah it was super funny and well done.
Just like the "boob-yeah" shitposting, I expected it to be a major and annoying plot point. It's a part of the story for literally 2 seconds.
Once again, /tv continues to show just how butthurt they are that a show that seems written and directed FOR them was picked up by Reddit first, and now they have to cry and whine because they can't be the 'few special snowflakes who need the show to be obscure and hated by normies'

Ayy a centrist, tip of the cap to you my good sir