Moviepass

I'm sick of hearing you poorfags complain about not being able to see new movies and waiting for shitty camrips. This is $9.95 a month now. You can see one movie every day. You have no excuse anymore.

I wish there was this sort of thing in England...

LEELOO DALLAS MOVIEPASS

This week I've gone to
>Wind River
>Logan Lucky
>Close Encounters Of The Third Kind
>It
>The Hitman's Bodyguard

Moviepass rules even if it is the reason I saw It and The Hitman's Bodyguard.

>Sup Forums - commercials and advertising.

Cineworld and Odeon do similar schemes.

Cineworld unlimited. The clue is in the name, unlimited screenings. You also get invitations to special screenings and advance screenings and discount on food and drinks. It's dope but is a 12 month contract

not for £8 a month.

Did MoviePass cover Close Encounters Of The Third Kind?

Australia doesn't have this, that's why. I saw IT with a student discount for $17, which is about $13USD. It's bullshit.

Why pay 9.95 a month when I can watch them all for free in the comfort of my home goy?

Yeah

0.15 dollars etc.

Perfectly fine. Just don't beg for fucking camrips on here.

This. Kodi FTW

Eh, I've been thinking about it but I'm already paying for Netflix and Hulu so I still haven't made up my mind whether I need it or not. Ive been toying with the idea of canceling either Netflix or Hulu and then getting this moviepass thing.

it is pretty amazing honestly

If this turns out to be a "success" it will only lead to a further reduction in overall quality and more shitty sequels churned out even faster. Anyone who participates in this trash is a fool.

Thanks for the inside look at your thought process user, just fascinating, truly. If you change your mind, or think about changing your mind, keep us posted.

What are you trying to say?

Kodi is dogshit for stuff in theaters or recently out of theaters. I tried to watch Split and it played me some rom com about bowling. I got 30 minutes in before I realized James Macavoy wasn't going to show up.

>Anyone who participates in this trash is a fool.
this
i'll pay full price if it means actual quality cinema

Will do user. I didn't think anyone would care this much but it's nice to know someone does.

>Had a pass like this for the UGC chain in the UK
>£9.99 a month for unlimited movies
>Used to walk by cinema on way from work
>Would pop in and watch a film every couple of nights
>Good selection and every Wednesday was a 'classic' movie
>Got to see some old & newish movies I missed on the big screen
>UGC started to fill every screen with crap like Harry Potter
>Cancelled classic Wednesday for more Harry Potter
>Never anything good to see
>Cancelled card

> shit like this will never be available in russia
i live in a small city (0,5 million people) and the average movie ticket is like 5 bucks lmao. considering average salary here is 250 bucks... really rustles my jimmies.

Explain your reasoning here.

Yeah I remember that. It was a chick bowling. It only took me 1 minute to realize it wasn't the movie though lmao. I get what you're saying about new releases but I am pretty patient. I can wait a couple weeks after theatrical release to see a movie.

Cinema sales are at an all-time low right now. This is the only way to get people to start going to theaters again.

why would you want to go to a movie theater any more than you have to? dealing with beaner hordes makes it dreadful

Went to 5 movies with the pass this week. Only It had a crowd.

I been going to first showing of day 12-1pm wish and its relatively empty

Is this actually happening? I thought it was just in trial phase or some shit

Which add-on nigga

streams and torrents are free though

quit supporting the current production studios with your life support card. the film industry needs a cleansing fire to get rid of all incompetent nepotism hires.

Thanks samefag! Shill your shit somewhere else please.

How did you enjoy your shitty IT camrip?

No shit. I'm directly referring to the faggots that come on here the weekend that a big movie comes out begging for camrips. If you can wait for HD torrents good for you. If not shut the fuck up and get a moviepass.

covenant. its the replacement to genesis and exodus

wait, you pay $10 a month and you can go to 1 movie every day without further paying?

Yes. Some theaters you can buy an e ticket ahead of time. Most you need to be at the theater to check-in and get your ticket.

I don't enjoy the theater. Or not being able to pause the film or even finish it later. I don't like being locked in a room for two hours with a bunch of strangers and someone kicking the back of my seat.

That's why I bring a gun to the theater, if some snotty nose kid starts kicking my seat it will be the last thing he ever kicks. It's nice being an American.

very well said

How is this even profitable? A single movie ticket cost more than 9usd doesnt it?

I didn't ask about your autism. I'm only saying that nobody has any reason to complain about not being able to see new movies when they come out.

Probably because movie theaters know people will buy overpriced popcorn and soda and shit. They could make no money on the movies and still be profitable. The trick is to get people in the door.

It's not profitable. Their plan is to corner the market on this idea and figure out how to make money later.

Because a person who subscribes is now paying the equivalent of 13 movie tickets a year, which is more than what most peons go to see

But moviepass doesn't make any of the money off concessions.

But moviepass still has to pay for all these movie tickets.

Can you used this if you don't have a (((smart phone)))?

yet they get data on the customer viewing habits. thats the money maker

There's no way they're paying full sticker price, they're filling seats that would otherwise usually be empty. Like Expedia for theaters

Oh I thought you were asking how movie theaters are still profitable for letting people in. You are talking about the actual card or app for $1 a month? It's pure profit. I don't see your actual point.

They have no deal with the movie theaters. AMC theaters hates this idea but you can still use your moviepass there.

>$10 a month
typo

No. You have to use the app.

There is no way that moviepass pays more for the movie tickets than they charge their customers. That's not a sustainable business model and not how business works. You are mistaken somehow.

>It's pure profit.
No. It's pure loss. They get $10 a month. MoviePass still has to pay for your tickets. You could see 30 movies for $10 each. $290 loss.

>You have to use the app.
I'm not seeing why this means you have to use a phone.

How are they getting a discount then? Why would the movie theaters comply with this? They could start their own individual versions of moviepass and make more money.

You need to be at the theater with the app to get your ticket.

'Following the announcement of MoviePass's new model in August 2017, AMC stated that it was "actively working now to determine whether it may be feasible to opt out and not participate in this shaky and unsustainable program", as "by definition and absent some other form of other compensation, MoviePass will be losing money on every subscriber seeing two movies or more in a month", and that lowering its prices in response to the service would harm the customer experience.[4] The service's original pricing depended on a business model similar to those of health clubs, where the company would profit more if customers paid for the service but only used it on occasion.' weierd

Yeah. They'll probably make quite a bit on people that start this and then forget they're even paying for it and never use it. Lotta dumb people.

the website literally says you need to use your phone

Only an idiot would think that MoviePass would go into a huge net loss proposition with *possibly* the opportunity to monetize it later.... by selling movie data? I am highly skeptical of this. I think its a ploy by the movie theaters who know they are losing a ton of revenue to online streaming and pirating sites so they needed a way to recoup their losses without people catching on. They make a ton of their money from concession stands so they need a way to get people back in the theater. Whats even more suspicious is supposedly AMC is against it. Bullshit. AMC would be happy as shit to get people going back to the movies again. I'm not buying that or this stupid ass shill thread. I'll watch most of my movies at home like a reasonable adult, thank you.

>I think its a ploy by the movie theaters who know they are losing a ton of revenue to online streaming
It's owned by the co-founder of Netflix though.

People will be much more willing to see multiple movies a year for that price. People don't go to many movies anymore because it's too damn expensive.

>paying for things
haha suckers

Then he was the one who pitched it to the movie theaters and they jumped on it. I can't see this getting off the ground without the movie theaters being in on it. Why start this service unless you could at least get discounted/free tickets. It makes no sense at all. Some type of arrangement was brokered here and they aren't letting the public in on it.

Thanks for making me aware of this OP. I just bought one and I have a theatre across the road.

>You can see one movie every day. You have no excuse anymore.
I have a job and a life, does that count?

Yet you have time to post on Sup Forums.

If this existed for my country it would be at least three times as expensive and have exceptionl clauses up the ass to prevent people from getting real value out of it.

CAN fucktard. You CAN see that many movies. If you see two movies a month it pays for itself.

Tv license

I'm taking a shit. I'm literally shitposting.

Just looked it up and the app and service are buggy as fuck and don't even work. Scam.

Based literal shitposter

it's buggy but it works. Make take a little while but it's worth it for free tickets.

Ordered on the 16th and have recieved no card :(

I'm looking at their leddit and literally the entire thing is people complaining about not getting their card for months after signing up and having their requests to cancel the service ignored
sounds like a great company to do business with

I've never had a problem. If you do have one they have 24/7 livechat within the app.

It is buggy but they're working on it. If you ever can't get your ticket you can pay out of pocket and send a pic of the ticket to get reimbursed.

No, they don't cover fathom. Just find another movie with the same price ticker and tell moviepass you're seeing that, it works.

It's only been a month since the deal started, and a shitload of people signed up so I imagine it being slow to send out cards to everyone.

They're having trouble getting them out due to high volume of orders. If you have any E-ticket theaters nearby you can get a ticket that way without the card.

If you want to be that bored just go watch some paint dry.

Just go see movies on mondays m8 costs me $8 every time

I don't think you understand that the tech industry is mostly built upon a large bubble and more imaginary money than the banking industry. Most startups are so far into the red with no way to make a profit in sight. Hell Uber is built upon losing shit tons of money to get a market and people think they are an amazing success.

>signed up a month ago
>still havent been able to use this service because I don't have the card

They gladly took my money though

Holy shit i hate you man. I can literally smell how you and your retarded buddys run into every blockbuster cape shit there is. Good job ruining my day. You people and the chinese are the reason this industry is utter shit. Thx

I have 20+ theaters in driving distance and none of them offer e-ticketing. They're basically stealing my money if I don't get a fucking card soon.

remember when shills stopped even trying to pretend they were hiding it?

Well, I bet you're fun at parties ;-)

have to see at least two movies each month for that to be worth it

There will never be two movies worth seeing every month.

Uber has a sustainable business model. They always have. They lose money to competition (Lyft), not because they are in a habit of paying their drivers more money than they receive in revenue. I don't know any successful business in the world with "let me buy something and sell it for less!" as its business model. Some businesses give away product for free to stimulate growth but that's just a marketing tool. What you are saying Moviepass is doing is retarded on many levels. Either its a huge scam or they are being dishonest and have a contract to receive discounted tickets from movie theaters. Either way its pissing me off enough to never use them.

Literally for the rest of the year there's at least two movies worth seeing coming out every month.