I unironically enjoy or happily tolerate all of these

>institutionalised racism was the only thing holding them back

You're unironically a pleb.

>sci-fi flick
>Earth is a globe

>scifi flick
>everyone basically lives under communism
>unlike real life it actually works and there is food

Why do they do this? sol/luna are literally just latin for sun/moon. It's like insisting Britain be called Britannia, or Egypt be called Aegyptus

>yfw it's actually true
Imagine not having to deal with people crying about cultural appropriation, racial genocide through breeding, forced diversity and such.

>the criminals are thin white men in hoodies muttering darkly
>if the criminal is black, he's light skinned, and he's only doing it because he had a bad childhood or needs money for his little brother's surgery to cure blindness

>aliens and humans co-exist

What part of fiction you don't get?

>sci-fi
>FTL exists

Can't suspend my disbelief enough for that nonsense

>manchildren literally think real life cheat codes exist

god himself has invalidated your gay post

>what is gravity drive FTL
pleb

I want a kino where nu-male progressives get their wish to colonize Mars and they end up getting raped and enslaved by aliens while low IQ bubba lives a blissful life on Eath watching football and huntin squirrels.

>me at the end

Literally even lower than EM drive retardation.

This is the perfect time to remind everyone that Miles Quaritch was the only good character in Avatar and basically made that movie bearable, he had the right idea. Humanity was going to die out if they didn't get that resource.

>totally consistent with known laws of physics
>"retarded"
nice argument

What was the name of that terrible Sci-fi channel show where Las Vegas was just called in Vega and they had like a laser grid above the city that bird angels if they angels tried to attack the city?

This

>Humanity was going to die out if they didn't get that resource
They just wanted it for the credits.

>Or under a Corporatocracy
>and refer to it as Corporate

>They just wanted it for the credits.
When you have a rapidly expanding Human Empire you need resources.

>sci-fi flick
>America is still 60% white just like in real life

>literally no peer reviewed papers from anyone noteworthy
>nothing but useless popsci articles
>even within the faulty framework it's operating under, it still requires far more energy output than reasonably possible
Yeh, that is retarded.

I hope they will show some Earth in Avatar 2, I have the concept art book and it looks like Blade Runner.

Don't know but what's that thing called in language that allows you to form coherent sentences?

>FTL exists
I prefer it when they actually use something a little more believable like generation ships in scifi flicks

Yeah, so what? You're implying that things are only worthwhile if they're done without any monetary incentive. England first colonized America because they wanted wealth and power. And now I'm an American living on the continent my ancestors colonized. I don't see anything wrong with a financial incentive to do what needs to be done for the benefit of our species.

>the 'best character' is a goofy space Nazi based on postwar Soviet propaganda themes

From what cameron has said, it basically looks like Bladerunner + endless fields of hydroponic farms and mag rails over the ocean.

It's not actually true retard

>enjoying a show
fuck me right? you dont sound like someone who likes to be entertained, you must be fun at parties

>sci fi movie
>people dress in ridiculous and impractical clothing just because it's the future

Are YOU losing the argument on Sup Forums? Fear not—"you must be fun at parties" is here to save the day!

Fuck off

Are you too autiatic to understand aesthetics?
>It's the year 2345
>spaceport lists departures, and shuttle boarding times for over two dozen moons
>Let's see there's Titan, Europa, Phobos, Enceladus, ah yes there it is....Moon! That's the moon is was looking for, Earth's moon The Moon!

It sounds retarded, just say Luna.

>he doesn't realize "sun" is just a word for big ball of light and heat
That's you. That's what you sound like.

I want a 'dystopian' future flick where it's 3150 and everyone dresses like it's the 1950's US and all of the nonwhite races have been exterminated by the evil white people and everyone lives in peace and harmony

...but behind the scenes, something is not right
>there is almost no rape or murder
:O

>sci-fi
>banned nuclear weapons
>gundams/robots used for warfare

Yeah I'm sure everyone will be wearing cargo shorts and sonic the hedgehog t-shirts in the 31st century.

\
nah im some other guy responding, i just think with your autism you must not be very fun at parties, please send my condolences to your parents upstairs

>scifi flick
>it's basically a dystopian future where everything is under control of the supreme state but everyone acts like it's desireable and good

>sci-fi flick
>People are brown, white, gooks but not all brown mongrel

It's mean that in all these universe there is no or very few interacial mariage

>responding to multiple people
>can't differentiate
>can only post the fun at parties meme again

>Scifi setting
>hyperdrives exist
>people aren't using hyperdrives as kinetic weapons that could slam into planets with enough force to blow off the crust

I csn see that happening, cargo shorts are the most advanced form of trouser tbqh.

You wouldve been fun at parties a hundred years ago or so.

>man flying? Poppycock!

t. Isaac Arthur

How's that accent of yours today hud?

stay mad NEET

is that from an Asimov book or something?

You must be fun at parties

you must be fun at gangbangs
with your mom

Posting in the middle of the day on Sup Forums is basically admitting you're a NEET

the only way such a movie could ever be made is if your version is portrayed as dystopian and its actually about an underground society of darkies who reintegrate into society and prove to the narrow-minded whites they're just like (read: better than) them

>flying, ie something we see other creatures do, is comparable to FTL which doesn't work under any legitimate framework we use nor have we ever observed it working in nature
Glad the drop out neets are here to tell us the limits of science because they read something on facebook.

He's a youtube guy who make the video equivalent of this thread every Thursday.

I liked Stupid Aliens, and Space Warfare.

He has a Ukrainian accent that he is very sensitive about when people comment.

>it's a evil morty is back episode

Never heard of him. I've just thought about using kamikaze warp-drive ships as weapons because of that part in the new starwars movie where the millennium falcon warps right into the atmosphere of the deathstar planet thing.

>watching Rick and Morty
Literally normiecore bullshit

This actually makes sense though because all of the other celestial bodies have Latin names. As it stands at the moment it's our system that is out of sync. Also presumably under One World Government some of the nations might object to the use of English as a standard language - so the most elegant solution would to be to go back to a neutral, dead but also common ancestor language like Latin or Greek, at least for naming conventions.

no bully here

>It sounds retarded, just say Luna.
Luna literally just means moon. You're not actually solving the perceived "problem". You're just obfuscating it with another language.

Or everyone could just refer them as whatever sun/moon are in their respective languages. Germany has a bunch of different names in various languages, and we're able to all get by just fine without uniformly referring to it as "Deutschland"

>movie set in 22nd century
>Europe is almost entirely black people because the unelected powers of the 21st century decided to enact the Replacement Migration plan, importing millions of cultureless, super virile africans to impregnate its women, because birthrates would not have sustained profit growth desired by said officials
>un.org/esa/population/publications/migration/migration.htm

>sci fi future
>protag has an affinity for using 21st century technology
>future people approach it with comical fear or confusion
>

The Virgin no bully fag, the Chad Rick & Morty hater

>Implying not being a normie is the way to go
It's like you're admitting you're too autistic to enjoy simple things

dumb frogposter

>too autistic to enjoy simple things
I enjoy the simple things in life but Rick & Morty is garbage and people need to wake up to this, watching it is basically admitting you're a Bernout redditer who thinks they are more intelligent than their boss at Walmart hwo voted for Trump.

t. walmart wagecuck

This is so fucking dumb.
people would eventually disagree on something and break off no matter what

>citizens are united under one goverment as a result of nuclear war that killed 60% of world population

>see the red exclamation mark
>rush to thread to claim (you)
>it's a dumb "dumb frogposter" poster

There's only one Sun, THE Sun. Everything else is a star.

Fucking retard.

even if there were two people left on earth they'd fucking hate each other

Red exclamation mark?

@87645721

>sci-fi feature
>weird ass space traffic going in all during direction

The Alcubierre Drive requires "negative mass" through the use of "exotic matter" to work. So no, it's not compatible with known physics at all.

>sci-fi flick
>all screens are transparent glass screens

>see the red exclamation mark
>it's a ledditor phoneposter replying to you

>knowledge is power

Fuck my anus

This. White people in sci-fi always brings me out of it.

>other celestial bodies have Latin names
Not anymore, thanks to the PROGRESSIVE Nasa we now have Make Make and Haumea.
Expect the next one to be called Hunga Batunga or some shit.

france is bacon

>haha dumb dumb frogposter u r dumb
This Pepe hate is getting out of hand

I thought it was funny that in Earth: Final Conflict the aliens do just refer to it as Earth's Sun, because that's what we call it, even if we never really thought of it that way. They even welcome other aliens to "The system of Earth's Sun".

>they had like a laser grid above the city that bird angels if they angels tried to attack the city?

are you OK?

Mass Effect points that out, it's listed as Luna on the map but the codex says that "of all the moons in Alliance space only one is known as simply 'The Moon'."