"Upon hearing of the defeat, the Emperor Augustus...

>"Upon hearing of the defeat, the Emperor Augustus, according to the Roman historian Suetonius in De vita Caesarum ("The Lives of the Caesars"), was so shaken that he stood butting his head against the walls of his palace, repeatedly shouting: "Quintili Vare, legiones redde!“ ('Quintilius Varus, give me back my legions!')"

What was this character's problem?

>he just wanted to keep fucking his sister

The show established he was a masochist. Maybe Livia just wasn't whipping him hard enough by that point.

He hadn't Gracchus to play something more cheerful.

I loved that kid.

Best series finale ever. I wish there was more Rome, but at least it ended on a high note.

How did he get so fat and normal?

He got redpilled and ate shit.

One of the worst things about having to speed up the series in season 2 was having to replace him. They jumped forward and then he was just some weird looking autist

How would you have reacted if three of your favorite legions were destroyed?

Rise 6 more. Deploy them in place of veteran ones. Get the veteran ones to germany. Start a tree cutting campaing against germans until central europe looks like Arizona.

The enemy cannot ambush you if you disable his cover.

Why not just bend the mechanics a little, burn the whole forest down?

> (OP)
>He hadn't Gracchus to play something more cheerful.
This

why were they his favorites?

Trees are needed for step two. Building a fortified camp every 300 yards so they can cover each other through scorpion fire. We'll connect them by tunnels to keep the supplies coming.

We are doing this Roman Style, through obnoxious feats of engineering.

>The Rome was a pinnacle of historians shows
>now everyone praising the SJWikings
The germanic tribes were mistake

actually i can't remember. just heard in some documentary or read in a book

Autism

Apparently he would also mutter it under his breath for the rest of his life and made him miserable. He didnt cut his hair or shave his beard for months after hearing the news, thats how miserable he was

check out the armchair crassus here

>gib back my legions, i must continue paint the map of Europe

>"Quintili Vare, legiones redde!“
>redde
>redditor

Augustus confirmed for reddit drone

Meanwhile, the Parthians have carved out a sizeable part of Greece and Africa for themselves. Also, remember those generals you sent up there with the six legions? They decided it was best to just go back to Rome and walk all over Augustus. Whammo.

Unironically autism.

>no show about Germanicus refusing to betray the empire, removing germans and dying poisoned by some cunt

Use I, Claudius as a sequel/ companion series (though you probably already did). It's about the reign of Augustus after he's established supremacy and declared himself Emperor. I think there's a common understanding that there are "two Augustus'", the cold, calculating, and ruthless Octavian on his rise to power, and the magnanimous, benign ruler once he'd secured his position. Plus Livia is one of the world's greatest villains.

>"Upon hearing of the defeat, the Emperor Augustus, according to the Roman historian Suetonius in De vita Caesarum ("The Lives of the Caesars"), was so shaken that he stood butting his head against the walls of his palace, repeatedly shouting: "Hic est legit illud, Hic est quentiam!“
What did he mean by this?

Think that happens in I, Claudius as well actually. Wasn't Germanicus the father of Caligula?

yea, Germanicus was Caligula's father and C-C-Claudius' brother I believe. I can't remember to what extent they show the death of Germanicus and Caligula hiding dead birds and shit throughout the house

In the first couple of episodes, Tiberius and Germanicus' bro-ship is played up a lot, with Germanicus being the only person able to brighten Tiberius's moods.