Star Wars

Is "The Force Awakens" really better than "Rogue One" like Mr Plinkett says?

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

both are garbage for different reasons

Yes. Without a doubt. Way better movie.

It was just a remake of A New Hope though.

That's like asking which is better, shit with corn in it or shit with but a in it. It's all shit.

When TFA came out like many people, I was just happy to have new Star Wars movies. For a while I went about my life telling myself that it was a pretty good film. But then in the year before RO came out I started to realize more and more how it was a really bad film. Then I saw how Disney was fucking with all of Star Wars, abolishing the terrible EU and establishing an even worse Nu-cannon.
By the time RO came out we were all pissed off and angry, then it dawned on us that there is going to be a new star wars movie every year for al least the next decade. It isn't as much hatred towards the movie as much as hatred towards what is now Star Wars.

Nuts*

Nah just poetry

TFA was competent and had a very clear defined goal of what it wanted to be. Its failings are quality(eg; Finn's character, Finn's actor, Finn).

R1 lacked both competence and a goal so it came out like the prequels as a mess of tonal inconsistency and half formed ideas.

Plinkett Reviews are shit now. He completely chickened out with the TFA crying half the time about the ring theory and lucas while ignoring all the same shit disney pulled

Even worse was the Ghostbuster Review where they wouldnt dare to call out the months of media gender baiting. i dont even expect them to take sides when it comes to politics but holy shit just mention it once because it played a big part in people not wanting to see it

It is better as a movie. But I liked Rogue One better, because I was too distracted by TFA repeating the New Hope storyline and even being so blatant about it ("how do we blow it up"), plus all the fan service elements. Holy shit, I hate fan service. I know I'm watching a fucking corporate product, but let me forget it for 5 minutes at least.

R1 had a goal and a lot of competence. Definitely more than TFA. What are you talking about?

Yes, because Rich was right when he said the Star Wars universe was small. Rogue One is not Star Wars. Star Wars had a rebellion but it was not about a desperate war effort or suicide missions. It was a hero's journey. This is why, while I enjoyed some of that Clone Wars show, I still don't consider it Star Wars. It's actually a really lame setting for an expanded universe. Force Awakens is a total ripoff but it's still Star Wars at the end of the day.

This desu.

Plinkett is dead.

Long live E;R.

>Even worse was the Ghostbuster Review where they wouldnt dare to call out the months of media gender baiting
It already got covered in the science man video

and a new hope was a good movie so that makes it better than saving private ball plants

Yes. Rey was charismatic as fuck

Actual RLM quote btw

Isnt he working on a new video?

This is true but there is no excuse in not mentioning at least once even if its just one sentence since it literally was that big of a deal.

The whole ring composition felt so horrible, like Mike felt threatened by it somehow.

Fuck no

TFA is unsalvageable garbage.
R1 is a perfectly average tend pole flick.

Force Awakens is a good movie. It's problems are Rey's character and the New Hope parallels.

Rogue One was butchered by re-shoots and editing because you can see the tone they wanted to go with in the first few minutes of the film.

I honestly felt more for Jyn than for Rey.
Both had it rough in the youth, Jyn got a chance to make something of herself despite of it and sacrificed everything to do it, Rey just discovered that she is flawless in every aspect.

RLM lost all credibility since the TFA review in my opinion.

For all the shit they cried about with the prequels movies TFA really was that much better and Disney took the marketing to a level that made Lucas shit look like childsplay

Rogue One is great for people who love the Star Wars universe.
TFA is great for people who love the original movies.

I think you can't compare the two.

No
Both are shit but RO had better actors

>Rogue One is great for people who love the Star Wars universe.

Not really because it replaced Kyle Katarns Story

>TFA is great for people who love the original movies.
I was raised with the original movies. TFA felt like a ripoff and an insult.

are u fucking kidding me? I dont even remember the ending of tfa. At least r1 had proper ending

The ending of TFA is Old Luke.
The ending of R1 is Fake 3D Leia.

So TFA wins.

Yes
They aren't good films though. But why you autists on this board defend RO so much, a movie with no character development whatsoever, retarded acting and forced diversity, a blind Kung-Fu monk for god sake!, a script like a computer game (you have to connect those cables, now push the button on the runway, good now push the button inside, now push the button on top, end credits) even morebkatant stupid references to the old movie (look, the robots from the first three movies!! Lookit's the airfield traffic controller from the third movie!!!) etc. pp. is beyond me.

What is E;R?

R1 feels like fan film in a good way
Tfa is just boring calculated trash with uncharismatic cast

4channer doing film/game/cartoon reviews
youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes

They are both terrible.
Also fuck Mike and everybody else there for giving TFA a free pass.

4channer?
Not sure if want

No, when he uploaded his first slam video on RO he got torn apart in the comments. So he supposedly made a second video to """"respond"""" to those comments, in reality, his 2nd video was a bunch of strawmen and the original comments on the original video disappeared.

Star Wars mostly sucks. RO was the best thing since the original trilogy but it's nothing more then visually appealing action film in space.

>t. A once huge star wars fan

another plinkett ripoff

his reviews are nothing like plinketts

These

I've hated TFA and Disney ever since I left the theaters that night, you nostalgia tinted faggot

RO was much better. I wish it had gone deeper into the rebels doing shady shit angle, that scene when Cassian shoots his informant in the back was fairly jarring coming from the protagonist, just wish they'd followed it up better. And the magic blind chink was pretty gay and stupid, his character should've been combined with his buddy.

Yes

I wish they would used Kyle Katarns Story instead

the force awakens gave us kylo ren. rogue one gave us nothing.

>the force awakens gave us kylo ren
a emasculated revan
great

that would've been ideal

like i'm supposed to know who that is. nerd.

Some endboss in an old SWTOR expansion pack.

Rogue One was the worst piece of shit I've seen in a while.

I didn't like anyone in TFA and it didn't offer anything new. None of it made much sense.
I could barely even remember anyone in RO but at least it tried a little.

It gave us our first glimpse of the Hosnian system, at least. We'd never actually seen the non-Legends New Republic before then.

4channer or not, this is actually pretty accurate

Underrated

TFA wasn't a good movie, but it was a mostly well structured movie and most of it's faults are due to actors or the nature of rehashing the old movies for the propose of getting the general public excited about more Star Wars.

Rogue One is made for extreme fanboys who like the universe but don't care about story and people who don't like the general Star Wars story. It's main problem is bad screen writing and direction.

So they're kinda right it's a worse movie but neither are good.

You're a gigantic pleb

>Rogue one is a decent spin-off film
>TFA is an abomination, an outright criminal offense against the original story
>Plinkett is a tasteless faggot who brainwashed the internet into hating the creative genius of the original Star Wars somehow
>Jar Jar Abrams made his pos movie to appease the likes of Plinkett fanboys
>Plinkett gives TFA a pass because of his fake nostalgia faggotry

Long live E;R, /ourguy/ amongst SW reviewers!

These are the guys whose magnum opus was Space Cop. I wouldn't take them too seriously.

their magnum opus was clearly the phantom menace review.