IT sequel to be darker, will feature child actors

Andy on the child actors returning for flashbacks:
>“On the second movie, that dialogue between timelines will be more present. If we’re telling the story of adults, we are going to have flashbacks that take us back to the ‘80s and inform the story in the present day.”

Barbara on getting the greenlight soon:
>“The hope is we’ll find the best way soon, because it’s also important for Andy to get flashbacks with the kids, who are growing very fast. They are an important component in the next film.”

Andy on the darker turn Mike takes in the sequel:
>“My idea of Mike in the second movie is quite darker from the book. I want to make his character the one pivotal character who brings them all together, but staying in Derry took a toll with him. I want him to be a junkie actually. A librarian junkie. When the second movie starts, he’s a wreck. [I wanted to] infuse more agency to him in those 30 years we don’t visit. He’s not just the collector of knowledge of what Pennywise has been doing in Derry. He will bear the role of trying to figure out how to defeat him. The only way he can do that is to take drugs and alter his mind. It resonates with what the kids do when they go to the smokehouse in the Barrens. By inhaling these fumes from the fire they have visions of It, and the origin of It, and the falling fire in the sky that crashed into Derry millions of years ago. We’ve brought that to Mike, by the end of those 30 years Mike has figured out the Ritual of Chüd.”

Andy on setting up Stan’s fate in the first movie:
>“There is something in the future for him, taking his own life, that finds its seed in this film. He is the one who doesn’t want to accept what’s going on. And being the one who didn’t want to participate he gets the worst part.”

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/movies/2017/09/11/stephen-king-it-sequel-details/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter
discord.gg/s7UHqA
youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Ritual of Chüd
guess they were saving it for the sequel but this means no spider right

Source

Watch them stretch this into a trilogy.

ew.com/movies/2017/09/11/stephen-king-it-sequel-details/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

It absolutely means Spider

I actually have a strong feeling that King will finally write the third book that was hinted at in Dreamcatcher thanks to the success of the movie.

The filmmakers might decide not to wait for him and do some Pennywise: Origins bullshit first though.

We Spider now.

Looks like Clownkino's back on the menu

Meant second book obviously.

I want to see Patrick's backstory with his baby brother and the dead animals. Maybe he can come back as a form It takes.

I hope he doesn't.

I remember waiting literal decades for Barker to deliver his promised Hellraiser (Hellbound Heart) sequel: The Scarlet Gospels. He teased for years how it was going to be this sprawling epic stretching from the creation of man to modern day. It was going to include Pinhead conversing with Jesus during his time on the cross.

Then I got a couple hundred page shitshow where Pinhead beat and raped a crippled old black woman to death before having a DBZ fight against Satan in hell. Some sequels just shouldn't get written.

How did they hint? Pls elaborate

>>“On the second movie, that dialogue between timelines will be more present. If we’re telling the story of adults, we are going to have flashbacks that take us back to the ‘80s and inform the story in the present day.”

>literally exactly the way it was in the book

They act as if the idea was all theirs. Actually everything in the OP was exactly how it was in the book. Why are they acting as thought this is some clever shit they dreamed up?

The Hobbit all over again, only this time the source's length justifies it.

>They act as if the idea was all theirs
How? Because they don't outright mention the novel? Fuck off retard

> hinted at in Dreamcatcher

Hinted at in Insomnia, you mean. A much bigger hint was dropped in that book then the "Pennywise Lives" shit in Dreamcatcher.

>Ritual of Chud

Yeah i bet king had a "chud" while writing that whole book

>My idea of Mike in the second movie is quite darker from the book. I want to make his character the one pivotal character who brings them all together, but staying in Derry took a toll with him. I want him to be a junkie actually.
>A junkie
Why?

>Sup Forums """"""humor"""""""

Yep. don't get your sensitive little femmypeeny in a bunch there, reddisperg.

>staying in Derry took a toll with him

This is how he was in the book. The director is lying to you. He didn't think of this shit himself. He's banking on your predictable lack of intelligence and education while you stand wide-eyed like a faggot at his boast.

where the fuck is the child orgy

>He's banking on your predictable lack of intelligence and education while you stand wide-eyed like a faggot at his boast.
>Knowing the plot to IT means you are intelligent and have an education
Stop being such a retard

The climax of Dreamcatcher takes place in Derry. At some point the main characters walk past a monument to all the people that died in the storm at the end of IT. At the bottom of the monument it says it was donated to the city by The Losers Club and then below that in red spray paint is "Pennywise Lives".

This tbqh. Ralph saw IT's aural energy shooting up out of the sewers during one of his ascended states. The event is mentioned in such a way in that book like an afterthought, and easy for people to miss. not that any of the mouthbreathing tards here read books, let alone ever read Insomnia

>Insomnia
Please don't remind me that I read that garbage.

>"HURR UR DOOBID HUHUHUHU"

Get some new material champ.

The difference is that King actually delivers. Sure his sober writing isn't as good as his coked out writing, but it's more focused at least.

>Still thinking there's only going to be just two movies

Kek. I actually just read Hellbound Heart for the first time a few days ago and was strongly considering buying TSG. Thanks for saving me time/money.

I want to see the Spider, but I definitely want to see the Turtle (of enormous girth)

>BTFO
This isn't an argument, skipper

Fucking mad they wasted so much potential with him. They could have that scene where he's starving the dog for three days and getting killed by leeches and ppl would be to talking about it forever. Normies love it when animal fuckers get rekt.

His death scene with It struggling to take on a form because Patrick is a sociopath is great.
Was a bit surprised the film just made him a generic bully.

He's much more brutal than Belch and Vic though.

Really should have just killed off Belch.

Surprising that Belch and Vic survived the film. Thought both of them and Greta would have got it. Would give Pennywise a higher kill count than just 2 people (one in the very first moment of the movie no less.)

They'll see it during their hallucinations, I hope.
And I hope they tie it into Georgie's Lego turtle.

I caught the Pet Sematary reference but completely missed that. Nice.

IT 3: The Quickening

Patrick was always the creepiest and most uncomfortable part of the book for me

Omg I loved the new IT!! The first one was so good I saw it when I was 6 and it scared the crap out of me! Truly a great horror film to scare me that bad at 6 years old! And I'm a huge literature buff, I have read 15 Stephen king novels and IT is in my top 3 for sure.

>liking movies
>liking books
You're new here, aren't you?

Yeah, seeing as how the book made it clear Henry was even more malleable by all his friends being dead it was a bit bizarre that his friends were still alive and well.

Actually a good idea to develop Mike like this and to use the Ritual of Chud and the smoke hole segment from the book. He was also in that whole segment in the book (along with Richie).

There's also a King short story (whose name escapes me) that features a sewer worker who worked in Derry who tells a story about how he got lost and ran into a huge spider web. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

I think it was Graveyard Shift.

>We might get to see suicidal Mike going into the sewers alone

Wonder what he'll find to snap him out of it since they omitted the silver earrings.

As long as they get Finn back it'll be guarantee good

Join the IT discord bros

discord.gg/s7UHqA

They aren't? They're implying with the "will be more" part that they mean "will be more like the book than part one".

>Pinhead beat and raped a crippled old black woman to death before having a DBZ fight against Satan in hell
That sounds amazing to me

Will it be driderkino???

>literature fan
>enjoying Stephen King
Apex kek. King is a hack and even the best writing he's ever done is garbage tier at best.

It sounds amazing in that, "what the fuck am I reading?" sort of way but I otherwise agree.

> I have seen the future of horror and its name is Clive Barker
> t. Stephen King

You don't think that with the success of It that we could possibly get a Scarlet Gospels kino made do you?

>The black kid doesn't have the historian role anymore
>Ends up a junkie
Why does Hollywood hate black people so much?

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
who cares

Made more money domestically in opening weekend than Spider-Man did despite Florida experiencing the apocalypse. I'd say a lot of people care, namefag.

Fuck off with your shit videos you sad fuck