Is Star Wars finally ruined?

Is Star Wars finally ruined?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Americans_in_the_Venona_papers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venona_project
youtube.com/watch?v=it3B0ewtJTc
youtube.com/watch?v=ffb_5X59_DA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes, its unsalvageable. out of all the creative things they could have done and with all the EU content to pull from they decided to reboot the OT and call it a sequel trilogy

Star Wars has been mediocre since 1977.
It's been ruined since 1999.
It's been radioactive cancer AIDS since 2015.

Most likely yes.

I am cautiously optimistic that Last Jedi will change SOMETHING. But JJ Abrahams for the next guarantees it will be mediocre at the very best. The guy is a fucking trashman with zero originality at this point.

Extremely disappointing. Hopefully it tanks

It's generic, safe, fan service made by committee garbage now.

Why do they make it generic though? Everyone is going to see the thing anyway. Why not just take a risk and do something cool like Empire????

The EU was where Star Wars shined, and that was straight up left out of all sequels.

The original trilogy isn't that great. It was a great universe builder from which EU stories could springboard from, but the overall plot of even the original trilogy wasn't anything exceptional.

Because if they risk it and it turns out bad, then less profits and affects how it's received critically. So they stay safe and generic to get that sweet china cash.

yep

>I am cautiously optimistic that Last Jedi will change SOMETHING
You're a blind faggot user.

>with all the EU content to pull from they decided to reboot the OT

fpbp

>JJ Abrahams

I have a similar stance. I say go for the critics solely. In this day and age, Rotten Tomatoes and internet critic buzz have immense power over how a movie does in the Box Office.

That being said, give us something deep and gritty. If it has lightsabers and spaceships, kids and retards will love it anyway. If you give it depth and emotion, it'll be classic and give the franchise a lasting reputation.

was Star Wars ever good? the originals have the shittiest CGI

>It's been radioactive cancer AIDS since 2015.
That scene when the x-wings pilots talk while they're flying to the starkiller planet
>first shot: the hispanic
>second shot: the woman
>third shot: fat white guy
>fourth shot: the asian guy back in their headquarters
>fifth shot: the black guy

Unlike the contrarians here, I'm not afraid to admit SW has been great almost it's entire run. It dipped with Phantom Menace and almost became irredeemable with Attack of the Clones, but Revenge of the Sith was great and the two Disney movies were both great too. The worst thing Disney did with the property is that awful Clone Wars cartoon.

does that really bother you that much? I don't think a movie should be changed or hated for having all white men or something, but if a director thinks that it would be good to have an ensemble cast of different demographics, who am I to give a fuck? As long as everyone hired delivers, that's what's important.

/thread

>As long as everyone hired delivers, that's what's important.
Too bad that didn't happen.

>Star Wars
>tanking
>ever

You have the right to hope I guess

A true tool

spbp

it's always only about changing from white to non white

Not a nice way to describe yourself, user. Try having some self-esteem.

Lol, fag

>tfw Rian Johnson will turn it around only for Abrams to ruin it again

Epic 4 the win xD

>if a director thinks that it would be good to have an ensemble cast of different demographics, who am I to give a fuck?
I agree wholeheartedly fellow 4channer!

>Rian Johnson
He's irrelevant. The movie will be garbage.

>finally ruined
>implying it was ever good

LMAO

Are you triggered, Sup Forumsyp?

>fat white guy

That guy's acting was way too over the top, even for Star Wars

Cringe

Seeing this faggot took me right out of the movie

>This is white in the United Nigs of Spicmerica

JJ is a cultural marxist like the rest of Hollywood. It's not a secret. That's why they constantly push that white males are evil. That's why they push atheism as the intellectual choice alongside secularism and bringing in muslims. They believe their ideology is strong enough that (for example) if they keep bringing in more and more muslims and blacks they will eventually conform to the raceless religionless mud that is cultural marxism and then all people will fall under the same structural powerbase. Obviously this is plan doesn't actually make society better. It just creates an self governing underclass that squashes interior decent by ostracizing anyone who speaks out against the regime or anyone who chooses to be different rather than the same.

Another major flaw is it has produced a group of leftists and blacks (antifa and BLM) who's ideology has more in common with nazis than liberals but the liberals are so cult like in their following of political correctness and cultural marxism they actually support the communist and black power movements. Same thing with supporting muslims. The cultural marxist whites don't realize that blacks and muslims have stronger beliefs than they do and they will never conform to them.

Both groups, muslims, communists and blacks only see white liberals as a group to be used and exploited for their own gain and pleasures. The most obvious, prevalent and disgusting of these that in former times would have inspired hatred in all white men is the sexual exploitation of white women who believe that sleeping with the enemy is an act of rebellion against oppression. All of these people believe that the white men who have been their protectors for thousands of years are their oppressors. Now white men are taught as something old and weak and of the past, just like Snoke and the old "empire".

Is that the cop from Heroes?

irrefutable

Nu-wars is filled with subconscious propaganda.

e.g. there was that scene in TFA where Rey and Finn sneak off somewhere in the Millennium Falcon. While they are both panting heavily and smiling at each other Rey says, "I can't believe we're doing this!" This is subtle shit, and if you're not looking for it you will miss it, due to the fact that this is not presented in a overtly sexual way. But I promise the impressionable registered the message subconsciously. And also, I mean JJ, I get it. You're jewish. But holy shit pic related was a ham-fisted feature of the movie. So sick of entertainment as propaganda.

>The EU was where Star Wars shined

say more things

Starkiller Base was a mobile ice planet located in the Unknown Regions that served as a stronghold of the First Order thirty years after the Battle of Endor. Commanded by an unofficial triumvirate of General Armitage Hux, Kylo Ren and Captain Phasma, it was armed with a superweapon capable of destroying entire star systems halfway across the galaxy. The First Order viewed this ability as an evolution of the planet-destroying capabilities of the Galactic Empire's Death Star designs, with the weapon serving as the ultimate culmination of Old Empire research into dark energy translations and hyperspace tunneling.

The planet was ultimately destroyed by a Resistance attack due to a weak point exploited by pilot Poe Dameron, causing the implosion of the entire planet as the superweapon was firing upon the Resistance base on D'Qar. The stored stellar energy then expanded, causing the planet to turn into a star.

>SW has been great almost it's entire run
only Star Wars and ESB are good. Everything else is mediocre to unwatchable. There are more good star wars video games than movies

also the tv shows are some of the worst ever made, I don't even want you to think about bringing them up

>finally
Star Wars started a slow death the moment Jar Jar Binks stepped onto the screen.

jews are white guys in pace

Atheism/agnosticism is the obvious non-retarded attitude toward religious matters, though.

It goes back to pivotal point in history when the globalists gained the upper-hand. I am referring to the defeat of Joseph McCarthy and the vilification of "McCarthyism". He was exposing the communist infiltration of Hollywood and academia. When the media turned on him and basically discredited the idea of resisting Marxists in our culture, they were free to act. Hollywood turned sharply to the left - compare the movies from the 50's to those of the 60's and 70's. Academia became almost completely leftist (if not altogether Marxist). The cultural takeover was complete, and no one lifted a finger.

Notice the Orwellian finesse in which the modern Marxists have used demonizing certain ideas - rational rejection of communism and its influence in culture became the hated "McCarthyism". Any rejection of Marxist beliefs becomes bigotry and racist. The victory the Marxists enjoyed was the demonization of the idea of anti-communism in America. This has led in turn to the idea that protecting any part of traditional western culture is wrong, and must be resisted.

Antifa and the Alt-Left etc. is the direct result of this cancerous idea that our culture is not worth defending. Donald Trump is America's immune system finally reacting to this infection. He woke up many to the truth that we do not have to bend to the Marxist/SJW ideal. And this is why the Alt-Left, the Marxists, and the Democrats are fighting him with such vile intensity - he is overturning their one linchpin victory that has undermined our culture since the 1950's. Without that, they have nothing.

There's a reason they don't teach us about the Venona Papers in school, McCarthy was right all along:

Yep

Actually, Vader being Luke's dad started the downfall. It ruined Obi-Wan's character by making him into an absurd liar. But the original trilogy was so good in other ways that the rot didn't show for a while.

>implying Jews wont be the first to lose their heads to muslims

>had a fat guy in the first movie, gotta have another fat guy here

LOL, it's not some big conspiracy, dude. It's just a bunch of well-intentioned bleeding hearts with flawed ideas.

>the obvious non-retarded attitude
Nice argument.

Regardless, it's referring to the general undermining of western civilization, replacing spirituality with worship of the state.

>implying that those McCarthy-type conservatives didn't worship the state

>well-intentioned
youtube.com/watch?v=it3B0ewtJTc

I just found out that Jar Jar Abrams is directing the following movie. Can't wait to see a death star that's even larger than the one that was in the 7th movie!

>implying you can't be a well-intentioned zealot
>failing to realize that you yourself are a well-intentioned zealot, just parroting the other cult's nonsense

i cant find any evidence this quote exists

It's about their globalist agenda. They want to run a prison planet of border-less, race-less, culture-less, nation-less, identity-less subdued sheep. They use the entertainment and news media to encourage globalism and discourage nationalism and traditional western values.

It's many steps. Elimination of western culture/whites is the current step. The pushing of what should be contradictory(to anyone thinking) fronts of sexual degeneracy + gay/feminist rights + importing islam etc. serves that purpose.

Everyone was so excited that Episode VII would bring Star Wars back from the shit that was the prequels that no one could accept that maybe Episode VII was just as bad if not worse in its own way, and now everyone is starting to slowly accept that Star Wars was only ever good back when Empire came out and it's just been running on nostalgia fumes ever since. The best thing that could happen for people everywhere is for this thing to finally be buried.

" Hey goys, don't worry about anything around you. Just keep consuming our movies, news and video games :) Remember, if you point out a cult, YOU'RE a cult too! Don't be a cult :( "

No....there is another.

>shit that was the prequels
it's this very parrot culture hipster nu-nerd bullshit that ruined everything

the prequels were fine, george was chased off and now we're stuck with this jew shit

all three prequels were better than ROTJ

Nah, the prequels were shit. It's not some new trend. Everything after Empire was just silly badly written shit.

>LOL, it's not some big conspiracy, dude
T.illiterate

Not at all.

>all three prequels were better than ROTJ
I think that's a bit of a stretch but still I thought the hate for those movies were overboard and I'm going to use the disneyfag argument in saying that they're decent fun space movies. nuwars is just soulless garbage no different from all the other shitty reboots we've had. At most they are there to fellate manchildren about their ebin childhood.

I wish you retarded youngfags would stop pushing shit meme. He wouldn't touch star wars with a ten foot pole you dumb fuck.

>tfw you are 100% certain you can create a better Nu-EU than Didney Worl's
>tfw you are 100% certain you could make Miles Morales a compelling character worthy of being called Spider-Man
>tfw you know beyond a shadow of a doubt you could have salvaged the Hobbit films
>But because you don't suck the right cocks and kiss the right feet you'll never get your shot and forever be a disrespected editor at Marvel

The difference between the faults of the prequels (which I genuinely enjoy) and the Disney films (which for the most part I do not) is Lucas wanted to expand and enrich his universe, where Disney just wants money, which rather than trying new things to achieve like Lucas did, they just pander to nostalgia.

>I think that's a bit of a stretch
it's all opinion, but for me the luke/vader scenes were better than anything in the prequels, but the rest of ROTJ was garbage (compared to ESB and ANH) and overall i enjoyed the prequels more

>they are there to fellate manchildren about their ebin childhood
that and to make shekels, the only point of nu-wars and the million marvel/dc sequels

Sup Forums youre really starting to convince me and im not even american man
goddamn

was fuhrer right all along

I think Lucas's fault was thinking too much about impressing his fans. If the reason he made the prequels was just that he felt obligated, then maybe he shouldn't have made them.

If he genuinely wanted to create something new, then he should have tried a little harder with the story. Even if making Vader into a tragic fallen Jedi was his dream that he made come true, it doesn't excuse him from almost tricking his fans into thinking he was gonna do something as great as the OT, when it was clear he wasn't really doing his best.

Those so people are so fucking delusional at least retards on here defending that piece of shit admit it's derivative. Is it extreme denial?

Redpill me on what's so bad about VIII that we know of.

Yep. 8 will be worse than 7 and 9 worse than 8.

How did Star Wars become so devoid of spectacle and wonder

Well I agree with that I was mostly referring to AOTC. I and III are more consistently enjoyable than VI though.

Its not hard to find you lazy faggot

I can look up spoilers but how will I know about the nebulous stuff that's taken as fact around here, and how will I know specifically what to hate if you don't tell me my opinion?

The problem is that he doesn't like directing. He wanted to do the prequels like OT where he would just produce and write a story draft for a screenwriter to fill out the details. He wanted spielberg and zemeckis to do them but they told george to fuck off that it's his baby. The former would of been great cause the basic plot of the prequels is pretty solid along with the designs.

Dont forget that:

Kylo was unfit to be in any type of leadership or authority position due to his unstability and fits of rage that happens at random and for no reason.

Hux did nothing and had zero personality to him execpt for just being a the center of the troops and giving a shitty speech that aerved no purpose.

Phasma who has been shown to be utterly worthless and made irredeemable through her actions that destroyed starkiller base. Phasma is even more worthless given the fact that all her actions are because she is selfish and would do anything to save herself.

These three characters are supposedly in charge of the FO and they are extremely terrible in their positions as leadership due to their gross incompetence. But they all get a slap on the wrist and stern talking to in the next movie. No punishments for their massive failures.

>not even american
if you're euro, you're farther down the road than the us is

Go back to redd it. They'll be able to help you.

>my arbitrary belief is better than other arbitrary beliefs
agnosticism is the only rational attitude, atheitard

Friendly reminder that the Prequel Era gave us the best SW video games while all Disney has given us is a shitty Battlefield.

te obi meeting/fighting jango scenes from aotc were as good as anything in the ot as well

Absolutely correct

>that served no purpose
(((yes user that's right. that scene was inserted into the movie without ulterior motive)))

>pod racer
>BF2
>republic command

basically this

I'll add that they rebooted it as a soulless cash-machine with no respect for the originals or their characters.

into the trash it goes

SJW GET OUT MY STAR WARS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Donald Trump is America's immune system finally reacting to this infection

>infection
pretty much
youtube.com/watch?v=ffb_5X59_DA

I'll respond in the hopes this isn't a troll.

You'd rather Obi tell Luke who is BY FAR more force based than anyone we've seen thus far, that his Dark force father is alive and well?

One of the reasons they didn't want to take Anakin in was because he was too old to teach the ways of the force. Luke is an extreme anomaly and uses both sides of the force. Obi made the best decision.

>Obi made the best decision.
from a certain point of view

>I AM SILLY

Thats a really shame, in ANH they show us Tarkin and Vader doing their shit done so you could actually fear them

>they put too many brown people into my super serious films about lasers and magic in space
I pray for nuclear fire every day

>from a certain point of view
Many things can be true