What is the most highbrow season? Which one has the most references to literature, art, classical music, psychology etc...

What is the most highbrow season? Which one has the most references to literature, art, classical music, psychology etc. and most intelligent jokes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FvAWUJCjgQE?t=1m50s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

most highbrow season was cheers season 6

Frasier was just 90s Big Bang Theory.

there are no autists in Frasier though.

i fucking hate this board

Is Cheers actually worth watching if I like Frasier?

they are nothing alike. frasier is almost a totally different character on cheers he plays sports watches camp horror movies and is just another one of the guys. Frasier made him weird

Nah, Frasier has actual jokes.

You mean that back in Boston he was a nobody shrink living the middle class doldrums. A closeted patrician trying to fit in with a crowd of normies and betas at a local dive bar before getting his life together, kicking his bitch wife to the curb, and moving to the newly booming Seattle to make bank and become a top socialite and local celeb.

lmao autism

It was good to see things work out for a hard scrabble Harvard/Oxford kid.

Cheers is just worth watching

filename related underage

is "weird" a euphemism for gay

This shit is not highbrow in the slightest

There are no good torrents of Cheers. Also it aged pretty terribly. The camera is all fucking dark and old, and looks ancient on screen.

Yes and no.

Fraiser doesn't show up until season 3 (and Lilith in season 4) but a good chunk of backstory is in season 1-2 that is needed for you to be able to get up to speed when Fraiser comes into the picture, since he was originally introduced as rival for Sam for Diane's affection.

While it is possible to watch Fraiser without watching Cheers, there are a lot of injokes you will miss, when Lilith and other members of Cheers start doing sweeps months guest spots.

Also Cheers is kind of schizophrenic. The cast was originally anchored by a crusty but lovable older guy/father figure for Sam, who died in season one. He was replaced with Woody Harrelson in season two, which was a good thing since Woody added a new flavor to the character interaction since he was a dumb hick fresh off the farm in the big city while the older guy was Sam's surrogate father.

Season five saw Diane leave the show (TLDR Shelly Long wanted a movie career and ended up committing career suicide) and was replaced with Rebecca (Kristie Alley), who was a corporate suit that was put in charge of the bar when Sam sold it and who used Sam as a cheap lay then discarded him to chase after her supervisor, who she was madly in love with.

The Rebecca seasons of Cheers (seasons six until the finale) COULD be watched without viewing the earlier Shelly Long episodes, as the writers pushed Lilith/Fraiser to the forefront to cope with the removal of the Sam/Diane plotline.

But Cheers is worth watching; just power through the first two seasons and by season four things will be good

I watched Frasier in order up until around the part where Nigel dumped Maris or whoever his wife was.

Pretty okay comedy. For some reason Frasier reminds me of Stefan Molyneux. Guy runs a call-in show and interacts with normies, hilarity/sadness ensues.

Any season where they go to La Cigar Volant

This

Seasons 1-3 are the best.

2 > 1 > 3 > 4 > 5 > 6 > 7 > 11 > 10 > 9 > 8

i read and appreciated this

ugh

Redditfag child kill yourself.

What the FUCK was with those HD seasons of Frasier?

>What the FUCK
Faggot.

What's the best episode and why is it Moon Dance.

Friendly reminder that Daphne was bestgirl

ok

Frasier had one of the best sitcom theme tunes.

Ski lodge my man

I fucking hate Cheers. Its a lot more mean spirited in it's humour than Fraiser is and Carla is one of the most despicable women in TV history. There are some good episodes here and there but overall I found most of it to be pretty tame. The fact that Carla is such an ugly person within and without kind of ruin it for me.

Its a lot sexier than Fraiser though, and Shelly Long, Kirsty Alley and Bebe Neuwerth almost make it bearable.

>Honey, you're embaressing me in front of people who would like to think themselves my peers!

He was always a snob trying to tone himself down for the bar. Returning to Seattle and hanging out with Niles just let him be his true self.

>Which one has the most references to literature, art, classical music, psychology etc. and most intelligent jokes?
Season 1 for sure. Frasier and Niles were talking about Jung and Hume and Freud and shit constantly.

Did Frasier watch PBS, A&E, or Bravo?

I have to agree with Niles though. Jung was far better than Freud.

No shit. Freud was a psued.

>PBS
youtu.be/FvAWUJCjgQE?t=1m50s

watching the ep where frasier goes in daphne's room. hilarious

>fraiser
>high brow
>*laugh track roars*

Was Roz a slut?

What did a&e and bravo air in the 90s?

I love that episode, and season.

there are two irrefutable facts:
fact #1: frasier is an immensely funny show
fact #2: op is a pretentious idiot

this.

Yeah Season 1 was far away the most patrician. The rest of the seasons were just standard sitcom fare with the occasional reference to classical music or art.

imbecile. frasier is actually funny. bbt is not.

Season 2 is better than Season 1.

>[smooth jazz intro plays, interstitial card with try-hard pun flashes on screen]
>opens to Frasier's overstylishly decorated apartment, where he sits on the couch reading the arts section of the newspaper next to his elderly, blue collar father who occupies his usual mangy recliner
>Niles Crane bursts into the room in a frenzy
>*laugh track*
>Frasier: "Why Niles, I haven't seen you in such a tizzy since we went to the opera last Saturday!"
>*laugh track*
>Niles: "It's my wife Maris. She refuses to allow the housekeeper to dust our Ming vase!"
>*laugh track*
>Frasier: "That wretched woman wouldn't know good taste if it hit her like [insert 17th century European history reference here]!"
>*studio laugh track*
>Martin: "Will you two fruits shut up? I'm trying to watch Buxom Bimbos Gone Bananas 3?"
>*studio laugh track*
>[Martin's dog urinates on Frasier]
>*studio laugh track*
>[Upkempt British woman enters from other room]
>Daphne: "Did somebody say banana? That reminds me of the time back in Manchester when me poor mam was sat queueing for the new Oasis album and slipped on a banana peel that fell out of the rubbish bin. She must have had a bruise on her arse for 6 months!"
>*studio laugh track*
>[cut to radio studio]
>Frasier: "Hello Seattle, Dr. Frasier Crane here. Today's topic is marital disagreements."
>[Ron Howard is today's first celebrity call-in guest]
>Ron Howard on phone; "My wife says she wants to try new things in bed."
>Roz: "He has a small penis. Trust me, I would know".
>Frasier: "Stop it, you wench!"
>[Bulldog enters]
>Bulldog: Nice bazongas, Roz.
>[Niles enters]
>Niles: "Yes. Capital knockers".
>[caller hangs up]
>[Frasier commits suicide from embarrassment]
>[Eddie urinates on his corpse]

You tried?

>[smooth jazz intro plays, interstitial card with try-hard pun flashes on screen]
>opens to Frasier's overstylishly decorated apartment, where he sits on the couch reading the arts section of the newspaper next to his elderly, blue collar father who occupies his usual mangy recliner
>Niles Crane bursts into the room in a frenzy
>*laugh track*
>Frasier: "Why Niles, I haven't seen you in such a tizzy since we went to the opera last Saturday!"
>*laugh track*
>Niles: "It's my wife Maris. She refuses to allow the housekeeper to dust our Ming vase!"
>*laugh track*
>Frasier: "That wretched woman wouldn't know good taste if it hit her like [insert 17th century European history reference here]!"
>*studio laugh track*
>Martin: "Will you two fruits shut up? I'm trying to watch Buxom Bimbos Gone Bananas 3?"
>*studio laugh track*
>[Martin's dog urinates on Frasier]
>*studio laugh track*
>[Upkempt British woman enters from other room]
>Daphne: "Did somebody say banana? That reminds me of the time back in Manchester when me poor mam was sat queueing for the new Oasis album and slipped on a banana peel that fell out of the rubbish bin. She must have had a bruise on her arse for 6 months!"
>*studio laugh track*
>[cut to radio studio]
>Frasier: "Hello Seattle, Dr. Frasier Crane here. Today's topic is marital disagreements."
>[Ron Howard is today's first celebrity call-in guest]
>Ron Howard on phone; "My wife says she wants to try new things in bed."
>Roz: "He has a small penis. Trust me, I would know".
>*studio laugh track*
>Frasier: "Stop it, you wench!"
>*studio laugh track*
>[Bulldog enters]
>Bulldog: "Nice melons, Roz."
>*studio laugh track*
>[Niles also enters, having somehow gained security clearance]
>Niles: "Yes. Capital knockers".
>*studio laugh track*
>[caller hangs up, dial tone sounds, Frasier turns red with fury]
>*studio laugh track*
>Frasier: "Thank Freud for sherry! The doc is out!"
>*studio laugh track*
>fade to black
>" HEY BABY I HEAR THE BLUES A CALLIN'..."

You tried again?

shut up you bitch boy frasier sucks
my mom forced me to watch it as a kid

Frasier is my favorite anime

S2 is less patrish though. Better plots, but less kino references and allusions.

Except that's not even true.

Prove it

Go watch the seasons again. I don't even know where the claim that they make more allusions in S1 even comes from. They talk a bit more about psychology but the references aren't as woven into the dialogue as they are in later seasons.

This. Most of those direct discussions of psychology in Season 1 help with character defining. Though there's definitely a point where the nature of the dialogue takes a hit.

>Frasier made him weird
Bill Burr went from owning a dog and driving a truck to making home-made pasta and having a half-black baby

Success changes you

No, Lilith was
Lilith>Roz>Ronnie>Daphne

EEUUH?

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who posts this about Frasier.

>Ronnie
>Over anyone
Wow, how could you have such awful taste? Next you'll be saying that Mel was GOAT

Lets be honest here. There is nothing intellectual about Frasier. All the references are as surface-level as possible. Like how 90% of the time he references a psychologist its Freud, the most well-known of all time. What makes Frasier great is the witty and hilarious scenarios, not the cheap references that occur as they play out.

>see Frasiers wife
>holy shit it's Count Dracula!
>see Frasiers son
>holy shit it's fucking Chucky the murder doll!
Creepy ass mannequins.