Is this good?

I am craving a good horror/thriller after "It" was a let down.

I hear many people say this is amazing but I also hear people say it just panders to the SJW crowd? I don't care either way as long as it is good but I want to know if it is worth two hours of my alcoholic time

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-get-out-race-horror-sundance-jordan-peele-1485477812-htmlstory.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Politics aside. No, it isn't, it's a 6/10 at best.
Hollywood has really gone to shit when this is considered one of the best movies of the year.

not a good horror movie at all

divorced from its intended social context it's worthless

meaning it's worthless

its not as good as everyone made it out to be, the ending wasnt even like a TWEEST or anything idk what the big deal was with this movie. it wasnt bad but it wasnt like amazing mind blowing great?

i watched after eating an adible that was too strong for me and I interpreted the movie as what the elite would do with children and how they brainwash them and sell them off.

>implying that doesnt actually happen already

go bye your new iphone user. you need to work 40 hours a week user. how else will you buy that food and shelter?

i implied that it does happen, you needy faggot

>what the elite would do

wrong again retard

you know what the elite would do with children specifically?

you said "what they would do"
i said "its already happening" as a cheeky joke
you said "no i mean it is happening faggot!"
i said "nope u said would happen" proving you wrong yet again
you then proceed to say some more retarded shit

your life must truly be suffering

suffering? you are real into Sup Forums, user.
but yes lets feel bad about the children together. unless your just after your ballsack being patted?

It's not bad. Objectively a solid 6.5/10

Watch A Cure For Wellness instead.

i dont even know what youre talking about anymore bro. you brain is completely scrambled by my intellect.

*backflips landing behind you*

nothing personal kid

Its not that politically panderous unless you are super conservative.

I would recommend it. Not perfect, but some good cinematography, fun idea, and decent horror/comedy.

>i dont even know what youre talking about anymore bro
no one is surprised you are dumb as fuck

no you dumb! haha see i smart now! i go post now!

>no you dumb!
how is your home life, bro? are you okay?

Its an ok movie even the politics shoehorning inside the movie is self contained with a good explanation for why the targets are black Litterally targetting blacks was meme of the month

Its a great 7/10 movie
ignore all these tards, i liked it and i am litterally Sup Forums

Could be better actually, but not that bad. How about you?

same.

Could be better actually, but not that bad. How about you?

This. They are both bad plot-wise, but at least it got great aesthetics and incest

>Its not that politically panderous unless you are super conservative.

And you swallow it whole like a middle eastern cock if you are a leftist

Watch The Skeleton Key instead.

This movie is basically a reverse rip off of that with science swapped for hoodoo.

>Its not that politically panderous unless you are super conservative.
It could pass as actual Nation of Islam propaganda. Literally, the reason they steal black people's bodies is some nigger supremacist bullshit about them being stronger and cooler, they actively stop the movie to tell this directly to the audience.

>I also hear people say it just panders to the SJW crowd

yeah sort of.

I'm not sure how to quite explain this. You know those weird conversations that happen between white people and black people, where the white person is trying to show they're not racist? Like they're having a 'friendly conversation' but walking on eggshells at the same time, while broaching topics that allows them to show they're not racist? Like that.

wtf, i hate the 1% now

That is one ugly nigger. It's almost racist.

Ain't those the jews

Racism not through bigotry, but through fetishization.

no. the 1% are people who use people following regions. the 1% makes up several races. to name , saudi wealth. corporation wealth, leaders of china and japan, jewish raised wealth, american raised wealth. they want to keep the power so they can live free

It got a huge sympathy bump in reviews and praise because black man.

it was best for (((THEM))) since it had a tiny ass budget and no name actors so the $ to production ratio was crazy

How do you make a movie about race without getting labelled pandering?

The movie set out to discuss the themes of subtle racism. White people in an attempt to prove themselves not racist often put their feet in their mouths, the idea is that they're well intentioned so you should let it slide. But the fact that they're assuming you need to act differently around black people is the racism it's build on the supposition that black people are different from white.

The story did what it needed to do to explore those themes and it does it really well.

>White people in an attempt to prove themselves not racist often put their feet in their mouths, the idea is that they're well intentioned so you should let it slide.
How is that the idea here? They end up being horror movie villains who all get violently killed by the protagonist. You sound like you're just projecting your own ideas onto Peele's movie rather than taking it for what it is.

I thought it was funny, but many say that makes me weird. The last scene actually made me lol.

It's a horror movie, wouldn't make much sense if they didn't extrapolate the themes to horrific proportions. They take the idea of black fetishism and subtle racism and amp it up to an absurd result. It's the exact same way that key and peele write comedy.

What's the problem?

>It's a horror movie, wouldn't make much sense if they didn't extrapolate the themes to horrific proportions.
OK, but then there obviously nothing about 'letting it slide' anywhere in the film.

It was very good, a solid 7.5/10 for Peele's first film.

There were a lot of tonal problems and strange editing bumps that were very distracting. I really wish they had the balls to have gone with the original ending where he gets blamed for everything and goes to jail.

I hate to say it, but it was another film that I feel didn't get a proper evaluation due to the climate it was released in. Yes, it was a refreshing and original take on race in the horror genre, but at times I felt it was WAY too on the nose.

Same deal with La La Land and Moonlight both came out during awards season. You couldn't find a review of either that didn't mention Trump. The so called "critics" forgot how to properly critique a movie. Political climate is important but it doesn't automatically take a movie from a 7 to a 10 or vice versa.

>The so called "critics" forgot
they didnt forget anything. the critics are just new so they didnt understand being a true critic in the first place. people age and people get replacements.

At the beginning with all the awkward interactions with the father and party guests, the girlfriend is basically like "they mean well forgive them" . Granted once it gets into the body snatching it moves on to more fetishism and slavery themes but it acts as the wading pool of the race issue.

kinda dull.
get out was better paced and more enjoyable
wellness suffered from annoying lead actor syndrome

As much as Jordan Peele loves to flaunt what a sophisticated movie watcher he is, A Cure for Wellness is legitimately 9/10 on aesthetics. The big weakness of that movie is the script, that actual direction is top fucking notch.

>“For while when we had a black president, we were living in this post-racial lie,” he added. “The idea of, ‘We’re past it – we’re past it all!’ For me, and for many people out there – as all black people know – there’s racism. I experience it on an everyday basis. This movie was meant to reveal that there’s this monster of racism lurking underneath some of these seemingly innocent conversations and situations.”
latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-get-out-race-horror-sundance-jordan-peele-1485477812-htmlstory.html

it was a tryhard indieshit film masquerading as a mainstream horror film

if they marketed it as purely an indie film directed at political hipsters, they could have very well done better

>done better

it was like the top grossing film for a month or some shit lol. pretty sure hes doing just fine. hes directing the next akira movie btw.

I disagree, I can handle the lead, I think he's meant to be an annoying finance puke.
It was really just poorly written, it was atmospheric and creepy until the reveal. The mystery was better than the pay-off. Cinematography was great though.

This, all the way, the script didn't know where to end and just said cool let's go incest.

It was fucking dumb. I even asked a black dude at the bar if he thought it was scary he told me no it was shit as well

makes me wonder what kind of person actually thinks that the subject of the film is scary in any away