Why is diversity so important in cinema? Is it more important than engaging characters...

Why is diversity so important in cinema? Is it more important than engaging characters, can you only connect to them if they have the same colour skin?

Because most people ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD are dumb, not just dumb they are REFUCKINGTARDED, general audiences love to see themselves in movies and theres no better way (according to marketing) to achieve that than a character of the same race as you, dumb third worlders do not relate to characters storywise but on looks alone, most of them don't even pay attention to dialogues.

>engaging characters
Caring about characters, narrative, story etc. is only one step above caring about diversity, pleb.

This is not true in South America. Just because some jewish executives think that is the case doesn't make it true. In this age of "diversity" movies, Hollywood has never been less popular here.

No it's not at all, you fucking ape

>we need more diversity in film!
>profits collapse

well, obviously. you people all want to be white.

artists must not be forced to tick boxes and include tokens for demographic profit margins, that is no longer art or anything real

everything keeps getting shittier because of these unwritten rules forcing people to compromise vision left and right

giving creators these stupid fucking obligations is why 2007 was the last good year

>Why is diversity so important
Because it's TW-TW-TW-TWANTY SEEXTEEN

argentina is white

Yes it is, looking at the surface is what plebs do.

>the surface
Are you a nigger? Would explain why you're so dumb

Everybody in the world except white people seem to be able to connect to a character that doesn't share their skin tone. Why can't white people?

>characters and story
>not the surface
I take it you're not into such things as reading and thinking.

Woah Leo, lay off the carrots.

You fucking dense nigger. You literally have no idea what you're posting.

GTFO

>diversity isn't important to the story
>the story, narrative and characters aren't important to the story

>a film is it's story
End yourself. You are why Sup Forums is so pleb.

The only diversity that makes sense is including Chinese/Korean/Japanese actors for dem Asian profits and Latinos for Central/South America. Anything else is stupid. It makes no sense so many Jews and blacks are in Hollywood.

I don't think you've understood the subject of this thread.

>it's
Lmao, and you're calling other people 'pleb'.

Because Jews run Hollywood so they decide what's important in cinema.

I don't think you understood my post, storyfag. I compared caring about diversity to caring about story.

Yes, and you made yourself look like a retard. Twice in fact. Now fuck off back to Rebbit.

Actually, retard, you are the reddit in this situation, as they are the ones who look at film in terms of characters and story. That is how children look at these things, so are you mentally a child?

Nope, you're definitely Reddit here

>it's
Lmao, fucking stupid cunt.

is this nigger still freaking out cos he thinks caring about a story is the same as caring about diversity?

third worlders aren't the ones pushing for diversity, it's all uppity minorities and middle-class white people in the USA. hollywood films with white people are exceedingly popular in asian countries because they enjoy the story, 'message', and overall production.

Go watch your superhero "films", children. You can talk about how much you "liked the characters" and how "cool" the story was. It's no different to reading a picture book as an adult, really. You're not at all mentally engaged, you just like to be placated with a moving picture and a pretend world. Beats being preoccupied with real things, does it?

Any time someone who isn't straight and white is cast in a movie it's literally white genocide. This is why I can't get a girlfriend. Damn Jews!

No one mentioned superhero films, you fucking dumb strawmanning nigger cunt. A story is important to a story, diversity is not. Now, crawl back to Rebbit, you simple shit.

A story may be important to a story, but to a film it is not.

sup reddit

no one cares about diversity other than those trying to force political agenda.

people care about characters and narrative because it's relevant to the story being told.

Leo really let himself go, holy shit

I genuinely find it incredible that a nigger like you has learned how to use a computer.

>strip the whites out of their gold, wealth, infrastructure
>profit
>make them a minortiy in every important country in the west
>south africa them
>profit even more
the introduction of central banking will be marked as the death of white race in textbooks of 24th century

Still upset that people don't care about stories in film? Maybe just grow up and examine art like an adult instead.

Niggers like you aren't people. Of course you don't care, you can't even fucking understand beyond "ooga booga"

Funny how upset you get when someone informs you of more mature ways to look at art. But if you want to stick with the equivalent of picture books, then go ahead. But don't let me hear you complain about trends in popular film, because they are catering to anti-intellectual redditors like you.

It's more embarrassment than upset. A nigger trying to be profound and failing primarily because he didn't understand the OP and then after getting exposed as a Redditor starts the "n-no u" retort.

Actually, it was you who failed to understand me. But keep trying to justify your little reddit opinion, kiddo.

>n-no u

Kek. You didn't understand the OP, get BTFO and are still trying to save face.

Silly little Reddit nigger.

Does thinking that make you feel better, kiddo? Have a ball, then. Maybe you can go back to reading your "big boy" picture books instead?

And maybe you can go back to Rebbit seeing as you've embarrassed yourself here, Tyrone.

Well done, kid, you're even making up your own stories now. Maybe one day you can be the next Stephen King!

Multiculturalism, mega-capitalism, internationalism, and cosmopolitanism ruined the lives of the masses

To create an elite privileged super class

That has nothing but disdain for its subjects

>doesn't understand the op
>humiliates himself with some retarded fucking post
>gets exposed as a dumb nigger from reddit
>thinks by having the last word he can save himself from embarrassment

You should draw some pictures to go with this story, kiddo. I'm sure your parents will let you put it on the fridge.

>nigger is still going

You'd better hurry and write your story down.

Or you'll steal it, like you niggers do everything else.

You might need a time-out, sport.

And you need an education, you dumb coon.

Good one, kiddo, it's always the adults who need the most education, right?

>it's always the adults who need the most education, right?
Nope, it's you niggers.

Okay, champ, you sound like a broken record at this point. Maybe work on some more material on your weekend.

Maybe learn to read, Tyrone. Surely there's a subreddit for you.

Do your parents know you're here, kiddo?

Does your parole officer know you are?

Do your parents know you're here?

Because there's a shitload of minorities in hollywood demanding a place in films and series so they have to literally rewrite everything to fit them everywhere

Does your parole officer know you are?

It took you that long to think of a response and all you could give me was that? You're a special kid.

And you're a dumb nigger lacking education and self-awareness.

No wonder you love Reddit.

Easy, tiger.

Why is it not? Is film not a legitimate storytelling medium?

>i have no argument but i need the last word to validate my shitskin existence

Storytelling isn't what art is about, that's just surface level stuff that children look at. You have to look at it deeper than that.

Go on. Continue. Tell us more.

Is this new to you?

Because if art is going to communicate the human experience, then it only makes sense that it portray as many humans as possible. That includes a variety of different people from different walks of life, including different ethnic backgrounds, different nations, different geographical locations, etc. Why does this concept offend you?

>Storytelling isn't what art is about,
pahahahahaha
fucking dumb nigger

Yeah, it is, and it's why I'm kinda hoping your comment isn't just some deepity and there's actually some substance to your post.

The concept doesn't offend me, stop being so fucking melodramatic, you little snowflake.

But it still doesn't answer why it is important. You don't need an ethnically diverse cast to communicate a story set in ancient Japan, do you?

If you actually want to learn, then I suggest you look into literary critiques. They're far more advanced than film. I'm sure you can find someone who can show you how literary analysis works. This stuff isn't new, this spans further back than Homer. Even in his time they saw that there was more to a tale than the story. The way you see it is very recent, a consequence of universal literacy, I suppose. From this we received Biblical literalism, among such other things.

The human experience not the nigger jew express

Ah, a deepity it is then. Nothing to do with what has been asked then, simply an attempt to convince everyone you've read a book and that makes you smart.

No one was ever comparing film and literature as storytelling mediums. Maybe why you've got yourself quite confused here and everyone else seems to have understood the OP.

I told you why to look at literature instead. They are both art, not storytelling mediums. That is how children look at them, as mere stories. Get past the surface, would you? Literature and film are very similar artistic mediums, but literature is no doubt more important and should be studied before film. If you ignore literature you'll miss out on the western historical and cultural tradition that underpins the entire history of film.

Diversity of stories isn't the thing. Every teacher will tell you all about how storytelling has been cut down and finely analyzed to basic elements. It's nice to see diversity for novelty, but not essential.

It's misguided, arbitrary folk who are trying to get butts into seats. They cloak this with what you refer to as "agenda." It's just become increasingly transparent and patronizing lately because they're starting to think that their casting choices and convoluted stories are truly revolutionary and not just mere novelty and money-oriented. As a world now unable to track our own progress as a society outside of Harry Potter recasts and capeshit box offices, we deserve this fate.

Again, this isn't about literature. This is not /lit/ the question is about film, the question is about diversity and its importance. Its importance in film is not as important as storytelling and characterization no matter how irrelevant you think these things are.

You simply used this thread to try and appear as something you're clearly not and no one is impressed.

Sucks to be you.

>Storytelling isn't what art is about,
Storytelling is an art form, you utter runt

>To create an elite privileged super class
There was never a time in history without a privileged super class

I explained all of this to you and you still don't get it.

>Storytelling is an art form
Not in the way you think.

What I get is that you've tried to be a clever cunt and have either purposefully, or through sheer stupidity, misunderstood a very clear question about the importance of diversity in cinema and how this compares to other aspects in film.

It's pretty clear you're far from the intellect you think you are.

Read back a bit, chief, I only made half a post about OP's topic, the rest have been about what I said in regard to the importance of stories in film.

Yes, I can see very clear the post you made, the one where you called the OP a "pleb" because *you* misunderstood what was being asked and then wanted to appear 2deep4u, but didn't manage to pull it off.

What did I misunderstand?

The opening post. Try reading it again. Slowly.

No,I understood it fine. I was addressing the OP's strange belief that he is above those who care about diversity, even though he cares about stories and characters, which is just as meaningless.

>let me tell you what you think

Lol. Fuck off you pretentious twat