Coming from Sup Forums and /lit/ so im not sure how much this has been discussed here...

coming from Sup Forums and /lit/ so im not sure how much this has been discussed here, but how the fuck did this guy get enough money to finance a $6M movie? i read his wikipedia and it seems impossible. he either comes from money or received a windfall settlement from his car accident. so what's the deal? his entire past seems to be a mystery.

K

The mob, mostly. Also he may have been involved in some accident that ended in a massive settlement.

ALRIGHT FRANCO,
I WILL SEE YOUR MOVIE

This coffee tastes like shit.

He's never been doxed. No one knows what country he's from or what his real name is. People assume Poland. Maybe he's in some sort of witness protection. Whenever people ask "what country are you from?" He replies "The United States" and he's really patriotic and grateful to be an American citizen. Hence why he's always holding a football. Much like ghost from TCR I hope he never gets doxed because he seems like a good hearted guy

It's gotta be crime related.

I haven't read the book written by the guy that played Mark, but he states something along the lines that, if they were running short, Tommy would have a bunch of cash really quick.

Very interesting guy and I want to find a copy of said book.

He's the man on the grassy knoll, he's DB Cooper.

Maybe you're just too thick to understand his strategy OP. Yes, it cost $6M to make, and yes the initial box office run may have been underwhelming, but the amount of money that has been recuperated at this point, though it is hard to find exact figures on, must far, far outweigh the amount spent on the film initially.

This was a successful financial venture, no doubt about that.

Something about selling imported leather jackets

He owns a handful of properties in San Francisco so I've always assumed he comes from money.
He's kind of a bullshitter too, so I don't think he earned it on his own.

Just read Mark's book. It sure is a mystery to everyone, but you can manage to piece some of his past together.
And no, it's not the mob. Probably not, at least. At one point he did work for a restaurant that may or may not have been run by some Italian crooks, but he was just a bus boy.
His fortune comes from a mix of lucky real estate investments, decades of saving up every penny possible, opening up a semi-successful clothes store/brand, having a couple of old rich ladies as "mentors/sponsors" (probably getting paid for offering them company?) and a car accident settlement or two.

but now that i think about it, he didnt even get the movie financed, did he? he just paid for it himself? dropping 6M on a movie is insane.

this is my theory too since he appears to be deceptive to all of his friends (according to the book). if he had organized crime connections the last thing he would want to do would be to come to the US and be a famous actor. totally seems like a rich kid thing

>This coffee tastes like shit.
explain this Sup Forums meme to me

I think the only organized crime is how fucked the aesthetics of his 6M dollar movie are.
From what I've seen, he treats his properties pretty poorly too. Classic rich kid

He will probably take that secret to his grave

>He will probably take that secret to his grave
disaster artist will make him too famous. it's all going to come out soon.

>he hasn't seen A_____ P_____

It IS shit, Austin.

defnitely a possibility

Get the audiobook mark narrates it

His uncle from Transylvania finances him.

He made things as a child and sold them to tourists, moved up and started producing/shipping counterfeit jeans. Bought property in San Francisco too.

The book mentions a teller saying to Greg Tommy's account is a bottomless pit

He's an alien, that's really the only legitimate explanation for everything.

This guy is literally the modern Dom Quixote.

He's fucking retarded but thinks he's a hero, in the end everything works well, because fortune favors the bold

it's implied in the book that an older woman gave tommy money, she's listed as a producer for the room. probably some type of family connection or something. she probably helped him buy all the real estate, because there's just no way he could have bought the real estate he has working the bullshit dish washer jobs.

He's a waiter that saved up his money, and bought a bootleg jean distribution business selling jeans too 99 cent shops, which after a few years and some frugal saving, got him s building. Along the way he had an accident that was near fatal, got a
Settlement from his brain damage. And then he had several money vests to choose to finance his lifelong dreams, regardless of half of his brain being sunked in. It's also the reason why he always has his hair long

didnt tommy have a succesful retail franchise in san fran.

I cannot tell you, it's confidential.

We already know Robert Chompsky's real identity, idiot.