>Villeneuve directing
>Deakins doing cinematography
>Hans Zimmer and Jóhann Jóhannsson scoring
>same writer as original Blade Runner
>a direct sequel not a reboot
>R-Rated
>2 hours 40 minutes
>Ana de Amas

Is this going to beat Dunkirk as film of the year?

Nolan and Villeneuve are both hacks so im not surprised zimmer is involved too

r-rated means nothing as of 2017, films like fury road and deadpool are basically pg-13 but asked for R ratings for street cred

johannsson can't do anything other than noise and the score will have nowhere near the impact of the vangelis original(which carried the whole movie)
and deakins is not as great as reddit says, the trailers have demonstrated this

>cash in of dead IP because everyone else is bringing them back
>Harrison 'fuck off Im ruining this movie but pay me' Ford
>hit and miss Villeneuve/Deakins
>no Vangelis
its not going to get me visiting the cinema desu. I'll wait for the bluray

>films are better if they are longer and are r-rated

Why do you dumb Redditors think this?

t. Marvel capeshitters.

I'm looking forward to the film. I'm not looking forward to the million hype threads on Sup Forums

Bet it's fucking gash

t. reddit niggercunt

>gave reasons why Im not excited
>m-m-muh marvel fans
get a grip

>calls others Reddit
>insults films because they're not kiddy approved focus tested Marvel garbage
Reddit is down the hall to the right.

Faggot.

villenueve is capeshit

In your dreams, Marvel capeshitter.

Im looking forward to it but whoever greenlit this getting financed will get fired

I'm so hype

Deakins still struggling to come to terms with digital film I see, the fucking retard

Voted as third most anticipated fall film after Thor and JL. It will do fine. People who worry about box office numbers are the worst.

>Hans Zimmer and Jóhann Jóhannsson scoring
Yeah, thats is pretty insulting to Vangelis

It just needs $400M to break even, that's doable. WB is covered for the year after Wonder Woman and IT printed money

You don't "do cinematography" you fucking uncultured, plebbit swine. You direct the photography fucking moron.

Besides, Deakins and Villeneuve is the most normie tier "whooa mindfuck LELELLELELE XD" combo, and mind numbingly fucking moring and unimaginative.

why are you so angry?

It's not R.D's (who I might say is mediocre) fault that Villeneuve is uninspired box office bait.

deakins is a meme like dru strewzan

because this board has fucking garbage taste.
fucking vilelnu paraded as some sort of hallmark of quality

>most normie tier
Get over yourself you miserable fuck. You're not special.

he has a point. Villeneuve/Deakins is the new pleb team. Theyre fine for what they do, but get plenty of unnecessary superlatives

You just don't get his films, bro. Trust me I went to film school and graduated top of my class.

This red vs blue meme is really getting fucking old. Almost everything lately is RED/BLUE, DUALITY JEW FILTH. FKIN DIE YOU JEW SCUM.

hours 40 minutes

When coughing is not enough to hide that you are pissing into a coke bottle, as you don't want to miss anything.

correct, i hate when people suck deakins dick

The red vs blue scheme has existed since the dawn of art you fucking toddler you just noticed it now because you watched a Youtube video saying it is bad when it's been a thing for hundreds of years.

*Blocks your path*

>multiple bright daytime scenes
>no noir atmosphere
>no dystopia in the same flavor as the original
>no Vangelis

I'm skeptical

>all this Deakins cock gargling
>no love for a true patrician of photography

Dunkirk also has made 5 times it's budget. Anabelle creation was also a massive success. WBis going to be all right for this year.

Is next year going to be a battle between Nolan and Taco guys?

Those fucks have printed money all year. It might become one of the most profitable film of all time if International numbers hold up.

>It might become one of the most profitable film of all time if International numbers hold up.
nope

They had King Arthur too and that was a nuclear bomb. But yeah, if Justice League does well too it's going to be the best year ever for WB

yes contrast and complementary colors have always existed of course you fucking retard, but that doesn't absolve the egregious and pathetically lazy trend of teal and orange in the last 12 years

Dunkirk was contrived and mediocre.

I'd love it if they actually made it a reboot that followed the book more closely. I just can't help being disappointed by the original film after having read the book, it feels so thin and shallow by comparison. Still great visually, but how they managed to remove 80% of the themes and story i just don't understand

why no Daft Punk for soundtrack

they would have been perfect

Harrison "fuck off I'm ruining this movie but pay me" Ford
My sides.

>those foreign numbers
based uncucked nations

>Dunkirk
>Contrived

Off to reddit you go.

>History is contrived

lol wat

reminds me of the new total recall
raged at 3 minutes
delete
don't care

Those foreign numbers are abysmal, IT did almost the same in like 7 markets in just one weekend

>make movie for 5 million dollars
>make it about niggers
>make hundreds of millions of dollars
America

>same writer as original Blade Runner

nope.

screenplay is (Hampton Fancher) but not writer.
Looks like theyve ignored majority of the screenplay as well judging by the underwhelming shots

You are cherrypicking four shots in an almost three hour film and then judging the screenplay based on that.

Hang yourself.

Screenplay of original was David Peoples with Hampton Fancher doing the colouring-in. Look at what they've both done. Fancher is shit.

we can only judge on what we have seen so far. Am I suppose to just be a blind hopeful fanboy?

>Even Ridley Scott is British
Why americans can't into good movies?

Whatever you are supposed to be, it's not an ignorant cunt who cherrypicks three shots to somehow make that representative of the whole screenplay.

Being a blind hater is just as bad as being a blind fanboy.

Why does this film trigger Marvel capeshitter shills?

you can pause the original film at literally ANY frame and take a screenshot, it will never look anywhere near as bad as the gosling and de armas in the apartment scene

the only thing I hate about this movie is the idea it was made, probably the decision of the studio in a meeting of 'what films can be bring back to cash in'. Im open minded to what is done but Im skeptical of what Ive seen

The only thing I hate about is them bringing Ford back when everyone who enjoys the old film knows Ford was always the weakest part of the film.

he had to be back. if he wasn't then it would just be a criticism that he wasn't used

I'm just interested in Leto's character

left
>that striking yet believably mundane atmosphere with elements of two diametrically opposed cultures meshed artfully

right
>cologne ad
>pin-up
>Ikea ad
>historical footage of the last ever Pink Floyd laser light show closing down

We're truly in an age of life imitating art, where said art has been commodified to appeal to the base sensibilities of the lowest common denominator. Make movies the way people want their lives, the way they know they want their lives, so that the vanity of their audience makes all their money for them.

Fuck this, man. If we're under such hostile attack by terrorists then why the fuck hasn't anyone gone for Hollywood yet

you have access to the internet, moron.

>Kubrick
>Hitchcock
>Scorcese
>Coen brothers
>Tarantino
etc

the right has three shots from one scene in an apartment. of course it'll look the same

R rating means a lot to box office numbers. Studios hate that shit. All the more reason whoever is financing it will get fired.

So you reckon the twist will be Leto's character is a replicant?

There's nothing "uncucked" about a movie making 17 times its budget overseas

>Kubrick & Hitchcock
>American
Kubrick might have been born there but he was honourary Englishman. Same for Cary Grant being "English"; he's not, just born here.

Looking the same isn't the problem, looking like a commercial is the problem.

>A thriller feauring commentary on race relations and us culture didn't do as well with chikkd as le spooky clown movie and le spooky fill movie

Real head scratcher here

Fuck Deakins.

>mw Star Wars fanboys will never undestand Blade Runner just like Arrival.

The original blade runner looked like ads in the 80s future and that made it amazing. 2049 looks more like the present.

trailers dont really stand out

>literal cuckold propaganda didn't do as well in non jew brainwashed countries as a legit good movie
I fixed that for you buddy

you have garbage taste.

go watch The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

>Its a Deakins had a Michael Mann binge and does a poor attempt film

His last hurrah, been middling ever since.

Did you even see the movie? Do you know what "cuckold" means? I don't think you do.

Blade Runner looks like a culture that was absorbed in that image but not really so glamorous as its advertising would have you believe. The bar scene in the top-left of the image carries that vibe pretty well--bunch of people glitzed up doing their best to fool themselves into thinking they're living well, but ultimately just taking up space in a miserably hot, overcrowded opium den.

If you told me top-right was from a Calvin Klein commercial airing right now, I could have believed you.

Sicario was alright

>seeing that BBC propaganda piece of shit
What kind of cuck do you think I am

>Villeneuve's previous film was his worst
>trailers make the film look like a Ghost in the Shell clone

I am worried.

please show us anything you have ever created in film you angsty cunt

sicario was one of the best films of 2015 no question.

Yeah and in the original setting it made sense. Humanity was abandoning earth and everything left was neon and slums. Kowloon in skyscraper form.

I dunno if the setting will even carry over, the jared leto bit seemed to imply they were recovering/stabilized somewhat and had replicants on the planet so seems like a lot might have changed.

Assassination was more Andrew than Deakins.
Deakins has a very special style when directors don't reign in him (ie. when they let Deakins direct the film for them, like Mendes and VIlleneuve).

both NCFOM and Assassination look good. Both do not look "Deakins".

Deakins with Villeneuve is braindead normie gabbagoo guggaböö garbage

I just hate this modern form of cinematography that hinges wholesale on accentuating the facial features of their glamour model actors and rarely uses setpieces with any forethought other than the occasional "it looked cool."

Probably sound like a bitter greasy neckbeard here, but it's shit film making

>other than the occasional "it looked cool"

oh and how could I forget the "it's CLEARLY A THROWBACK to [some old, actually good movie]"

>comparing scenes from a 3 minute trailer to a 2 hour film is a just arguement.
really gets the bacon sizzling

>Hans Zimmer

hopefully they finally film this scene

>ridley
>good

your autism is showing

Harrisson Ford triggers me everytime I see him wear this shitty grey shirt and there he is wearing it on a fucking movie poster

>Hans Zimmer
DROPPED

>make it about niggers

Edgy.

Fatty

>Thor and JL