What's this guy's problem?

what's this guy's problem?

Obama

He's too patrician for anyone to handle.

Crashing your perfect RT score.

He's the only journalistic critic worth reading.

Have your read his reviews? He has been open about what pisses him off about modern culture for years.

Every generation has a right to its own Batman. Every generation also has the right-no, obligation-to question a pop-entertainment that diminishes universal ideas of good, evil, social purpose and pleasure. And Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight, is a highly questionable pop enterprise. Forty-two-year-old movie lovers can't tell 21-year-old movie lovers why; 21 can only know by getting to be 42. But I'll try. After announcing his new comics interpretation with 2005's oppressively grim Batman Begins, Nolan continues the intellectual squalor popularized in his pseudo-existential hit Memento. Appealing to adolescent jadedness and boredom, Nolan revamps millionaire Bruce Wayne's transformation into the crime-fighter Batman (played by indie-zombie Christian Bale), by making him a twisted icon, what the kids call "sick." The Dark Knight is not an adventure movie with a driven protagonist; it's a goddamn psychodrama in which Batman/Bruce Wayne's neuroses compete with two alter-egos: Gotham City's law-and-order District Attorney, Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), and master criminal The Joker (Heath Ledger)-all three personifying the contemporary distrust of virtue. We're way beyond film noir here. The Dark Knight has no black-and-white moral shading. Everything is dark, the tone glibly nihilistic (hip) due to The Joker's rampage that brings Gotham City to its knees-exhausting the D.A. and nearly wearing-out Batman's arsenal of expensive gizmos.

He's the most entertaining contrarian ever, but the ever-present politics is sometimes grating because of how forced it is depending on the movie he's reviewing.

He has a clear view of what he thinks film should be, is honest about it and sticks to his guns.

Its good to see reviews like his rather than usual crap of just listing the plot and giving it a useless rating

>only
wrong

>using the c word
fuck off plebbit

Gay nigger faggot who can't detect kino. Makes you wonder how Sup Forums autists that can't do the same emulate him.

Combo of wanting people to think more critically themselves and not just fall into the good/bad line that critics tend to carve out.

And the contrarian attention it gets him doesn't hurt either.

>Have your read his reviews? He has been open about what pisses him off about modern culture for years.
He is contradicting himself among his reviews for different movies.
And I seriously don't find any weight in this particular section you posted

Failed writer trying to make something of a job as a reviewer that he hates. Will likely retire and write a book about his decision to make a mockery of industry he hated being a part of by doing his contrarian routine.

He's the greatest contrarian thats ever lived. Outside of his insane reviews he's a fucking gay black republican.

you have to go back r/The_Donald browser

jew and a nig
I love 2017

The best that can be said about him is that he's a legitimate contrarian who at least tries to validate his opinions with acceptable criticism.

That said, he's still a contrarian ass who lets public opinion influence his own to an undue degree.

you have to go back upvoate seeking scum

Contrarian is such a bullshit meme insult though.

He clearly has a consistent worldview that he expresses in each of his reviews. It's too consistent to say he's just saying the opposite of what What the Flick!?! and Chris Stuckmann say.

he only speaks the truth, truth that most people don't like to face up to. a true dark knight

how about attempting to criticise him without using the word contrarian
or better yet, find an example of him being a "contrarian"

Scaruffi is a better contrarian

>As usual with Bowie, Blackstar (RCA, 2016), produced again by Tony Visconti,, is mostly image and very little about the music. The ten-minute Blackstar, that was supposed to be the centerpiece, is little more than a funereal litany a` la Doors with jazz horns that goes on five minutes too many. Bowie crooning melodramatic in Lazarus (from his Broadway musical about an alien who falls in love) or romantic in Dollar Days is either delirious and pathetic, certainly not entertaining. His tedious voice interferes with the driving jazz jam of 'Tis a Pity She Was a Whore and with the frenzied and tense Sue (a 2014 single). Even when the voice is not a distraction, the rest is hardly intriguing: I Can't Give Everything Away boasts an awful distorted guitar against syncopated beats and layers of electronic drones: not exactly genius. This is trivial "music" that any amateur could make, except that most amateurs would be ashamed to release it.

>Bowie died of cancer in january 2016.

He praises Transformers 2 as mindless fun, but can't do the same for Avengers, pointing out what's wrong with he script which is not complex enough

And, by the way, I have seen neither of the films and don't have opinion on them, they are just two examples of movies I could remember from the top of my head and look up. I am telling you this just in case you try calling me Marvel fan or something :)

Avengers isn't mindless fun. its boring.

Armond holds capeshit to a high standard considering the depth and complexity of the source material.

you just scanned every post that used the word contrarian without reading them didn't you?

Is it though? Armond has gotten to a point where I'd say most of us can probably guess what he's going to think about a movie before he writes his review just based on how popular the film was with the majority of other film critics. If that's not contrarian I don't know what is. Still love the guy and his reviews though.

HES A NEGRO NAMED WHITE

CONTRARIAN TO HIS CORE

KEKT HARD AT HIS FEUD WITH MCQUEEN

Who will play him in the inevitable biopic?

so if you havent seen the avengers how the fuck do you know that it isnt aiming to be somehting more than mindless fun?
and from what i've heard the evengers movie has "character drama" and "character moments" which makes the script criticism completely valid
if you want to have good character moments in your film you need to have a good script for it to work

oh and also the avengers flick has the theme of "working together as a team to defeat the bad guy", which in itself isnt very heady, but it's definitely not mindless

he's literally too smart for contemporary film criticism, this has inevitably made him pretty bitter

idris elba