/trek/

Old thread: Were people freaking out in BBS/usenet/forums over all the SJW-ish topics in the "old" shows and movies just as much as they are now?

I think they freak out and complain anytime a big franchise is getting a new iteration.

>Tuvok just low-key admitted that Janeway is using cheat codes
>dat sweaty, grimy B'Elanna

nice moments in a fairly mediocre episode

>be dax symbiote
>inhabit body after body of exceptional hosts
>your last host is a beautiful woman who battles alongside Klingons and leads an awesome life of late night parties and high adventure
>she gets done in by the anti-sisko
>get stuck in a literal who and be forced to live out the rest of your days in mediocrity as a pencil pushing psychiatrist with emotional issues
Hell itself

No, people weren't so shit then.

Worth it to finally get that genetically enhanced D from Bashir

Morning, /trek/.

the trill wasn't really sjw stuff though.

It's nice that people still take their grandmas on day trips, keep the dementia at bay

Grandma, eating all that sugar is going to flare up your beetus again

Of course it wasn't, but that's not the point. It's just a wonderfully convenient way to rewrite history to suit my present point of view

>the old Geordi

Fill me in on Discovery
09 film continuity? Look any good?

Be nice, she's tired and just wants to get some rest.

Now come give your old granny a hug.

>09 film continuity?
no
>Look any good?
klingis are purple

Nope, tv mainline continuity, set after ENT and the TOS pilot, and before TOS

It looks different, and that has people all in a tizzy. Good or not will be determined in time.

>get stuck in a literal who and be forced to live out the rest of your days in mediocrity as a pencil pushing psychiatrist with emotional issues

FYI a few years later Ezri switched to Command path and became captain of her own starship

Ezri was a cute

SJW wasn't as toxic back then.

>ywn see Kira get violently raped by a bunch of Cardies

I bet she liked it up the shitter

It's not cheating if you win

>S1-S4
Dukat did nothing wrong
>S5-S7
Dukat went batshit insane and did everything wrong

what did Dukat do wrong in seasons 5-6 (before Waltz)?

No one buys that non-canon slop

I bought it

Man Voyager has given me serious Janeway boners

dat tiny waist in her dress uniform hnnnngh

watched tng/tos all the way through and loved them
now when I try to watch ds9 I just feel uninterested after 10 minutes, does it improve after season 2?

whoops, thought waltz came shortly after he sided with the dominion in S5

Of course it does. Though season 1 has some gems of episodes like Duet.

Season 1 they where not sure what they had, by season 2 they got into their stride, and by season 4 you have a ship and some new old faces. Keep at it.

DS9 is for all intents and purposes heavily retooled from the third season onwards

It midway though season 6 IIRC

infinitely so

Holodecks double as replicators, since they can produce meals in a restaurant setting, etc.

Voyager has access to the holodecks because their power source isn't compatible with the rest of the ship so there's no harm in running them 24/7

Why is everyone on replicator rations, when they could just go to the holodeck for lunch instead if they need to use a repliactor?

No. Nerds used to be intelligent. You'd have the occasional "troll" pretending to be a retard. But now Star Trek fans are such mouth breathers or autistic people they don't even understand the basics of the show they claim to "love."

That's not what George Wallace said. You need to take the red pill, kiddo.

probably the same reason that by the end of the show they fire 70+ torpedos out of the 30 something they had left on board at the start of the show

Reminder, the "Red pill" meme was created by two trannys.

Go back to pol.

Not a single nerd in that Entertainment Magazine tm about a black guy being in the show or whatever. I see retard posters all the time and speak to nerds at my local comic shop who complain about SJW in Deep Space Nine, because they're too stupid to realize how progressive TOS is.

Sup Forums dislikes it so it will undoubtedly be Trek KINO

I need to see this tbqh

Trips confirms

BTFO LIBKEK?!?! KEK Umad? Give me those tears, roastie bitch.

SHADILAY AND ONWARD TO KEKISTAN!!!!!

I like that the picture they used for Stewart was from Dune.

"LONG LIVE DUKE LETO!!"

queers

nice

Dawson used to have a nigger nose.
What happened?

You're an idiot who can't even discern angles, much less cosmetic surgery.

Looks strange without the ridges kek

>cosmetic surgery
>to remove a nigger nose

DAS RASISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

While in hindsight that's pretty cringe, it's somewhat understandable - at that time, Trek literally did not exist as something other than the original Kirk/Spock/McCoy and original crew dynamic.

TNG in fact premiered about nine months after Star Trek IV came out, so not only were the original crew still active, their last outing had basically been a rebirth for them, the movie where Spock was restored, Kirk became a Captain of the Enterprise again, etc.

They weren't complaining that "SJW" or left leaning people had gone too far by allowing two black characters on the bridge of the Enterprise in TNG. Nor did they complain that DS9 starred a literal angry black man. Or that Voyager starred a woman. Etc.

>thinks everything reported by the "news" is true, and everything not reported by the "news" never happened

Typical tv tard

go away, Sup Forums

Commander Sisko: meh
Captain Sisko: ANGRY BLACK MOTHERFUCKER tier

This is the most autistic I've ever been. Sorry, I'm not good with words.

this
the ep where there's full-human b'lanna and full-klingy b'lanna, I thought they used two actresses

Sisko's acting pretty high and mighty about kidnapping a Section 31 agent, given what he fucking did to get the Romulans into the war

Sisko is a good boy

>DAS RASISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

should be

DAS RAYSISSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

It gets better but Sisko can be a pretty ruthless and moral minefield. He's not very idealistic, in contrast to Picard. Makes for interesting tv, so stick with it, particularly if you enjoyed the other Trek series. At the very least at really builds on the world you get to know from TOS and TNG.

They're so fucking cute

What's the story on those weird, elongated fingers?

Troi is a monster.

That hand belongs to Beverly though

C E L L U L A R P E P T I D E C A K E W I T H
M
I
N
T

F
R
O
S
T
I
N
G

So did they really have her stuffed, or what?

>

No, it's Troi. Here is just before she unveils the cake.

No, it's Troi's monster hand. Unless Crusher somehow teleported in, just for a second and then teleported out.

Any Porthos x Hoshi fan fiction?

>hivemind
Are we borg?

That was a prop they used during A Night in Sickbay.

No

A̡̛̝̼͓̺͕̻̔̆̋̌̈̒̐ͦ͛ͨͩ͆͒̉̄͛͟-̨̮̰̹̟̳̦̫̤̮̞̩̪͍̮̰̖̻͉̈́͌͛͌̒̎ͦ͗͞ǩ̵̨̬͕̭͎́̎͌̽ͮ̂ͣͪ͑̆͒̋́̚h̶͖̯̖͙̯̯̼̔̈́ͮ̑ͮ̓̚̕̕ͅơ̵̞̖̥͙̖͙̦̓̃ͩ̔́͘͜͟o̵̮̦͙͕̙ͬ͂́̂͗̈́ͬͩͣ͂̉ͅ-̶̡̧̧̱̺̻̦̞̪̙̹̮͎̮̫̠ͬ̂ͬͤ̔ͩͯ̓͟c̩̳͔̮̞͍͓̫̳̞͚̗̙̗̤̳̽͊̏̈̔ͬ͊̍̐ͬͣ̐ͯ̐ͧ̊͝h̵̯̩̯͓̗̺̖̖̘͖̳̜̰̱͋̾̋ͬ͋̊̾̔͌ͬ̈́̕͞ͅȩ̛͚̝͕̠͔̭̦̗̙̞͖̳̖͎̞̞̹ͨ͑̋̍͐̔̉ͮ̓͡e̢̦̞̜̤͕͕̫͉͓͍̪̣̯͛ͬͣ̔͌̄͂́̉̈́̾͑͟-̵̡̛͙͈̦̫̦͓͍̼͚͖̪̬̪͖͎̃̔̎̆͌ͭ̄ͭ̌̆̋͂ͫ̒͜͠m̨̞̙̼͓̭̖̥̩͍̻̰͈̥̪̈ͨ̓͑̌̊̑̄́õ͉̦̣̗̞̝̗̥̦̣̥̞͚͎̹̝̦̊̿͌̓ͧ̈͛ͪ̐͂ͬ́͛͗̓͟͞ÿ̭̯͙̝̰́̆͐̂ͧͫ̉͑̿̀͟a̧̺̝̳̬ͮ͐̆͆ͤͫͧ͊̍͛̾̊͂ͣ̀͟͜

Man, wasn't that a legendary bad class episode?

>almost 8 years overdue for the Millennium Gate

Fuck you future

Make no mistake, though Crusher has very large hands nevertheless.

Gates just has a tiny face

Trektards still hate all the references to heterosexual activity.

>tiny

Only morons hated that episode. It was fine. The same people who couldn't understand Dear Doctor hate A Night in Sickbay.

Can we please wait until at least October before we start rolling out all the Halloween stuff?

Granny McFadden is cute. Cute!

ensign kim really let go

Agreed. The difference being that in Dear Doctor, it would have been an intervention in the natural evolution of life on a planetary scale, whereas in Observer Effect, the disease was intentionally planted by the aliens as a science experiment.

Asians really age like milk. Alyssa was so cute back in TNG.

It's supposed to be the opposite.

Netflix stream is the new HD cleanup right? Here's a screenshot, if one of you has downloaded it to compare, (I assume, given I am using Firefox at the stream at most should be HD not full HD)

One 26 year old son, born late in her life.
No identified father.
Brent Spiner is "Godfather".
So is he totally gay, or trans now?

>no identified father

Maybe he's just a really private person and she respects that.

>born late in her life

She was really fit for it, though. She's still in really good health and fitness.

>Brent Spiner is godfather

So what? He's a close friend of Gates and she wanted that.

>one last Ferengi episode before the finale

Thanks DS9

Last I heard I think CBS finally relented and put the HD version on Netflix. They had been holding out to get people to buy the blu rays, but the sales are like nonexistant so they just gave in.

PROTIP no one wants to pay hundreds of fucking dollars for movies/tv shows on disc. Maybe if you had reasonable prices no one would pirate shit.

>not posting the captioned version