Lovecraftian films

What are some films or tv shows that are influenced by the works of H.P. Lovecraft?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/102372269
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

THE EXACT SAME FIVE FILMS EVERY TIME YOU REPOST THIS SHIT

i cant wait til for you to get drafted and die fighting the chinks

We have this thread every day, and the answers are always the same.

Decent Tier:
>Dagon
>In the Mouth of Madness

Meh Tier:
>AM1200
>The Void
>Prince of Darkness

Cheese Tier:
>Re-Animator

There aren't any really good ones. Go read Lovecraft or play Call of Cthulhu or Delta Green if you really want good Lovecraftian horror

>tfw user refuses to taste your fish stew

>Go read
Unfortunately this. Incomprehensible horror does not translate well into pictures.

Uh, that wasn't fish stew..

This one

The sea is actually more terrifying than anything emerging from it. Might as well watch The Perfect Storm.

what if cthulu wasn't just a story?

Sutter Cane. Are you familiar with the works of Sutter Cane?

I actually find something new in most of these threads.

BLOODBORNE

close enough to a film and better than a film anyway.

It's a metaphor for her vagina

Shut up.

>or play Call of Cthulhu or Delta Green
u havn a giggl ther m8

What do you have against Delta Green?

Black Mountain Side

Derleth-tier memery, to be quite honest with you. I might just be a huge snob, but there isn't really a single piece of media post-Lovecraft that actually manages to be Lovecraftian. Anything that purports to be in or dealing with the 'Cthulhu Mythos' is a major red flag for me because 9.99/10 it's just tentacle monsters, spooky books and cults. Surface level shit with no meaning or understanding behind it. Lovecraftian horror is personal, small-scale experiences, not the work of entire government divisions. It completely loses the point.

>movie trailer
>WHAT IF CTHULU WASN'T JUST A STORY
>ear shattering fart noise
>full frontal shot of Cthulu rising from the sea with water streaming off of its body
>black screen
>coming 2018

>movie
>opening shot is Cthulu rising out of the water
>movie is 2 hours and 45 minutes of Cthulu destroying a city
>ending is Cthulu standing over the leveled city roaring at the sky

i like the animation etc of bloodborne. just finished dark souls 3 on ultra and bloodborne looks better IMO.

KINO THULU

The upcoming Godzilla v Cthulhu film should be good.

From Beyond
2 versions of The Dunwich Horror (both awful)
Die Monster Die
The Haunted Palace
The Shuttered Room

HP himself appears as the main character in Cast A Deadly Spell

TV shows:
Scooby Doo: Mystery Inc., "The Shrieking Madness"
South Park, "The Coon Quadrilogy"
The Grimm Adventures Of Billy And Mandy, "Prank Call of Cthulu"
The Real Ghostbusters, "The Collect Call Of Cathulu" (also other eps with lovecraftian themes)

sucks ass if you're older than 10

Alien Covenant
Prometheus
Inland Empire
Alien
The Mist
Possession
Pans Labyrinth

>Dagon
>decent
>prince of darkness
>meh and in the same tier as void
>cheese tier
>re-animator
the man with no taste

What makes a film Lovecraftian?

Are you trying to tell me Re-Animator wasn't cheesy?

Koji Shiraishi's found footage movies
>Noroi: The Curse
>Occult
>Cult

Then
>I Can See You
>The Borderlands/Final Prayer

And even
>The Last Wave

Here you go

one movie that would benefit from a remake

The Unknown. Mostly, the best Lovecraftian movies are those that concentrate on the "investigation" of the horror at the center of the narrative and its effects, without getting into it until the very end, or not even that. Lovecraftian horror is obsessed with human epistemology and hermeneutics, their inevitable failure and their role in the creation of horror itself as a concept.

I loved two of those films, Will watch the rest

who took this picture?

>looks like someone Ii know
can't tell by the angle but oh boy am I rustled, specifically in me pant area

Very kafkaesque question

Sitting cross legged on a floor, No back support, Headphones in while reading, Dyed hair

Thank you for helping the visually impaired anons browsing with text to speech software!

Pirates of the Caribbean should go full lovecraftian. The setting and existing lore would make for some cool shit.

>Rick & Morty season 4 trailer
>WHAT IF PICKLE RICK WASN’T JUST A STORY
>ear shattering burp noise
>BOOM BIG REVEAL I'M CTHULU MORTY WADDAYA SAY ABOUT DAT
>full frontal shot of Cthulu Pickle Rick rising from the sewers
>black screen
>coming 2018

Any upcoming Lovecraftian films?

True Detective Season 1
Twin Peaks
Blair Witch
Yellow Brick Road

>films begins in normalcy, aka contemporary times (or close to, if it's some faggy steampunk shit then discount it immediately)
>protagonists usually encounter the antagonistic force accidentally, or rather unintentionally
>antagonistic force is totally unexplained, maybe a few theories suggested by our clueless protagonists or other hints but nothing certain
>antagonistic force in unbeatable and basically omnipotent in the context of the plot. It wins in the end. If the anyone survives, they are ruined by their experience
>antagonistic force is implied to be extremely old and not from our world

A Cure for Wellness

being as reddit normalfag tier as possible.

There's no Dagon on muh Netflix though

vimeo.com/102372269

That never happened in the story. Movie should be straight up remake of the story. Faggotshit. Why hasn't anyone had the balls to make any of them. Any. That one from 1917 how about, in Kingsport, where the ancient Aryan visits his ancestors on Christmas and they all file out of the 1600s houses even though it's the 1900s but the time warp and the old man has the waxy face and Necronomicon on the table and they go underneath where the church is now down to the Underdark and everyone starts riding off on the winged beasts and the old man pulls off his face and he wore a mask and under it's all unspeakable horror then they find him next to the church in modern times.

How is this impossible to make into film?

Twin Peaks