Do you remember this?

Do you remember this?

Forgettable movie

The chubby guy from Fanboys was great in this. A pretty one note part but he had so much personality he stole the movie.

Why doesn't he get every role that Josh Gad gets?

This but it was watchable.

The Colin Ferrell was Johnny depp in disguise plot twist was fucking dumb, but it had its moments. The main problem was that it wasn't Ace Ventura magic detective for the majority of the movie which it should have been.

There's a very obvious answer to that, user.

I'm pissed that they got rid of Colin Farrell so soon. He was the best actor in the movie and I'm willing to bet would be infinitely better as Grindelwald than Johnny Depp will be.

Not bad for a doctor who cut and paste. They even gave him a fucking tardis.

It makes me mad too
He was just fine as he was

was the fat baker /ourguy/?

I literally don't remember anything about it

No. I thought this was doctor who from the thumbnail

I still don't understand what Eddie Redmayne was trying to do with his portrayal of Newt. Could barely understand anything he mumbled for the first half of the movie.

Not really. I remember it being horrible.

They are both jewish

How did he score that blonde hottie?

he didn't

Mediocre, but still better than any of the Harry Potter films.

Chubby chaser

He liked her cooking

*steals your movie*

they're currently filming part 2

Are you guys ready for gay Dumbledore?

He was literally himself, with just a smidge of heroism to him, it helped that Queenie was kind of a space cadet herself but in a good way
>she can read minds
>he unconsciously has lewd thoughts about her
>she's perfectly reasonable and understands because it happens all the time

Don't know anything about HP but watched this the other day with my gf.
It was ok. I liked the parts with the monster chasing and zany antics, but didn't really give a shit about the evil Johnny Depp stuff.
It felt like the Hobbit movies. A simple story jammed with unnecessary lore to link the two series together.

They wanted a fat funny character but did not want to have him third wheel and make it awkward for fat moviegoers, so the Blondie falls for him at first sight.

Yes if it means gay Jude Law scenes

no one does

Nope. And what's funny is the gf and I watched it like 2 months ago. Completely forgotten about it. By far the weakest movie in the Potter series, sucked of any soul, interesting characters, interesting world, or interesting plot. In other words, everything you loved about Harry Potter is absent in Fantastic Beasts.

>with my gf

Thats exactly what it is except with even less source material. They literally adapted this from a 50 page special charity book about magical animals and 1 line of exposition telling us Newt Scamander wrote a book and traveled the world learning about animals.

that plain jane bitish girl is seriously the most basic looking bitch ever. like if you typed into a computer how to draw a woman, this is the results it would show you. Very standard, very plain, very basic.

I also don't like Eddie Redmayne, he didn't deserve his Oscar for dressing up as a girl.

It's worse than every single potter film which are all good to great, shit taste

No-Maj

Waterston is american funnily enough. Nice tits but you're right about everything else

He tried to go for charismatic autist. Apparently he didn't realize that these two things are opposites.

inb4 "Why would anyone want to remember..."

truely an autism kino

What a pile of garbage. I literally fell asleep on this crap. Redmayne's character whose name I don't remember and the Jewish looking girl might have been the most forgettable character I've seen in a few years.

I remember the design for the obscurist was 11/10 cgi

Was he /ourguy/

>guy

I've literally never heard of this. Some sort of harry potter knock off I presume. When did it come out

This TBΗ. Would've been better if they had Depp for the entire movie and Colin for the next 4.

i liked it

We need to talk about Kevin...

Yep waterston is shit

Only if we see him actually suck a dick on screen

As forgettable as it is and forgettable compared to hp its still better than every other capeshit and star wars film being made recently, jurassic world kong skull island etc.

i liked the production design

I was watching a series about magic kids in college/school but I forgot what it was called

Sabrina the Teenage Witch

"No!"

Nope and I probably never will watch it or read/watch anything else from the Harry Potter universe. It sure feels good no longer feeling the need to compulsively consume every piece of media from a franchise just because it was a part of your childhood. The Simpsons is another one I've dropped even though I used to watch at least 3 episodes a day every day for years when I was growing up.

Was that actually supposed to be a twist? It was obvious Farrel was the bad guy in disguise from the very first scene he's in. They literally show a guy with his exact same clothes and haircut but with white hair at the beginning of the movie being evil.

>Oh nooo the sidekick character is going to have his memory erased, how sad
>5 minutes later
>oh wait nope he's starting to remember for no reason
I hate when tv and movies can't stick with a sad ending and have to undo it in the last five minutes. They couldn't wait until the next movie?

I like her. Probably because I first saw her in Inherent Vice and she's great in that.

Harry Potter is the only good franchise don't kid yourself. I watch that shit all day.

nope I saw her first in that as well she's shit, stop with the meme.

This movie had so many shitty twists. Was I actually supposed to believe it was the little girl that was suppressing her magic/creating that monster thing? Because they sure made it seem like I was supposed to think that.

You're a fucking meme

No they didn't....

Ron Pearlyman was good in this.

Yes they did it was just done horribly. The lines about how a wizard that suppresses their magic/has that monster inside them can't live past childhood, the constant cuts to her singing that Witch song after someone mentions a magic user living in the Salem house, the girl being around bad haircut guy when the magic stuff happens so it seems like it's actually her doing it, Colin Farrel going after her instead of bad haircut, her playing with the wand. Then they play it off like a reveal when he starts attacking. Colin Farrel.

>for no reason
he was bitten, probably a side effect from that

i will never forget how dumb johnny depp for the role was.
nothing besides that is worth mentioning.

>I'm a big boy now because I don't like things I liked as a kid
We're all very impressed

It's canon that Hogwarts students shit themselves and magic it away, and Hufflepuff have group masturbation sessions

>Hufflepuff have group masturbation sessions
Elaborate

Magic School Bus

This can't be real

It's CollegeHumor

The Worst Witch
Hex
House of Anubis

Yeah, it was alright. Took my mom to see it, unlike me she's a fan of the Harry Potter movies/books but she didn't like it too much.

>Took my mom to see it
That was a really nice thing you did there, user

It'd be better if they brought Farrell back on a global revenge hunt after Dickhead Depp stealing his looks and locking him up.

D-did she take her shoes off and prop her feet up on the chairs?

One of the better parts about it. His story way more interesting than Newt's wacky hunt for his escaped beasts.

No weird fetishes at this time of day. Three Hail Marys and no supper for you.

Neither dad nor any of her friends like magic themed movies so it's already our thing. Also, she had to suffer through shitty kids movies when I was little, so I gotta give a little back.

Was very good

Depp always lamented how he was the only Englandistan actor left not yet cast in the series

his story ruined the entire fucking movie, ding dong.

The Grindelwald/obscurial arc was the best part

No one will ever believe you.

>hurr durr muh awkward guy and his pikamen monsters
They didnt even explain that the dodos weren't actually extinct and instead knew how to teleport away from danger

Colin Farrell character could be alive for the next. The fat muggle is going to appear again in 2, same a cutie Alison Sudol

Why are no JKR/HP fans talking about STRIKE?

indded

I thought they only forgot all the bad shit. Wasn't that mentioned? The creatures memory foam juice stuff only erased bad memories and Jacob remember Queenie when he saw her because he had good memories about her.

I peeked at some of it over my sister's partner's shoulder on his ipad, colin farrel was betraying somebody. looked like a really really good movie.

wottice

>oh wait nope he's starting to remember for no reason
Love has always been the most powerful force in HP universe. If it can deflect a killing curse, it can break an amnesia spell I guess.

>STRIKE
Elaborate

I WANT NEW HARRY POTTER BOOKS GOD DAMN IT THAT'S ALL I WANT
SHIT I'LL EVEN TAKE MOVIES AS LONG AS JOHN WILLIAMS RETURNS TO DO THE SOUNDTRACKS

As others said, Ferrell was the only good thing about this movie.

I don't see why he doesn't get much roles, he's always been a decent actor imo.