Is it me or it wasn't scary at ALL?

Is it me or it wasn't scary at ALL?
I liked the kids acting and some of the design, but it wasn't scary. Shit CGI (the lady of the painting, the Hobo, like half of Pennywise scenes, etc.) Very, very predictable scare jumps (the only one that cought me off guard was when the clown kidnaps the girl).
It felt like a Harry Potter spinoff some nice kids fighting magical weak things.
I am pretty disappointed TBQH

Pic was ridiculous

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I thought they could have gone easier on the jump-scares, because they really captured the feeling of It trying to act ''human''.. something more animalistic or other worldly hidding behind his mask. I loved the whole uncanny valley feeling Pennywise had going.. even in the scene you posted.

I also got mayor Junji Ito vibes from the movie. So it was really scratching an itch for me.

But it never felt like a menace. I was hoping to share the fear with they kids but I never felt any tension or danger.

For example, some weeks ago I had the oportunity to see Bone Tomahawk on a cinema and I felt so unconfortable during all the movie. I know it's not really the same but I'm trying to explain what kind of feeling I was hoping from the movie.

You're right, it wasn't scary at all. Not even the jump scares were effective, they're so formulated you can predict the exact second the loud noise will pop up and prepare for it. Also, Pennywise jumping at the camera in every jump scare shows they were desperate for this shit to be scary (they failed).

Normies will eat this up though, because it has pretty cinematography and the clown actually looks good. This movie is like an Apple device, an inferior product with no substance or purpose but it looks pretty on the outside, so gullible people buy it anyways.

I'm not so sure. Maybe american audience it's as so many people joke on this board all the time.
But right now I'm on Spain and the whole cinema room was so dissapointed, even a guy clap when the credits rolled (I'm almost certain that it was as a joke).

I don't get how this was a success.

idk, when it killed patrick hockstetter it was pretty spooky. Mostly because I didnt think they were going to kill him off like that/that early. Mostly because I hoped they would keep his death like in the book. The part with the roladex camera in the garage actually made me jump, im ashamed to admit but thats because that scene was beat to death in the trailers and it surprised me
there were too many poppingupjumpsacreswithajarringframe, but thats what that MAMA guy is known for so its to be expected

He reused the MAMA creature for the Painted Lady, which I thought was breddy fuccin gay.

I liked that he hinted at Patrick Hockstetter's faggotness with his licking his lips at the Losers in the hallway, but I would have enjoyed more gaybashing with him giving Henry Bowers a handjob and trying to blow him and being turned away as a weirdo -- only to run into It.

I'm a Yuropoor and the theatre was packed and entertained. Me including.

Look, we all saw the RLM review, you don't need to jack yourself off here too, Mike.

dont forget the I heart derry balloon, which is how adrian mellon was killed in the book

Serious question: Did you watched it un spanish? I hate that 99% of theaters in Spain play the movies in it's language.

It was spooky enough. Pretty fun movie OP, sorry you have shit taste

Movies can't be scary.

Ah, yes. Of course.

It didn't scare me at all, but it apparently scared a ton of other movie goers in the theater. these theaters are packed with college kids. I've gone twice now. first time didn't like it. second time i liked it a lot. not scary though, just cleverly woven together adaption of the book. nothing too groundbreaking, but its well thought out to say the least.

Literally the only scary scene in the movie. In my head I said "wtf" and "did I just see that" and wondered if I was imagining things.

youtube.com/watch?v=houP7mAjZ0o
it wasn't just you

Has any film ever been scary to anyone over the age of ten?

This was genuinely so unsettling but the rest of the film was forgettable

I have noticed that many of the people in this board who liked it was because they consider it's a good adaptation from the book. During midschool and highschool I read many Stephen King books but IT wasn't one of them.

Nah, I don't react like a retard. But yeah... that dancing scene was so out of place.

Are you guys talking about the whole scene, the picture with the head in the book or did I missed somethig? Because I didn't found it unsettling... maybe the picture thing, but just a bit.

Maybe this user is on the right track.

"I'm Pennywise the dancing clown."

Walked out right there. Only meme clowns dance.

Old librarian woman stood and stared at Ben in the background absolutely motionless. Had the extra layer that she was asking Ben about where his friends were when they were speaking

Talking about grasping at straws.

This guy (probably you) is a spastic.

idk how to break it to you, but past a certain age horror movies stop being scary. I enjoy them thematically, but I haven't been legitimately scared or creeped out by a horror movie since I was ~22. I do enjoy a good creepy film still, and like I said, a good boogyman/monster movie is always fun when it's done well, but it's just part of maturing: fiction becomes less and less emotionally jarring.

They changed a shitload from the book but the general acting of the kids and Pennywise is really close

>major Junji Ito
it was Modigliani you dip

>Bone Tomahawk
literally wild west Hills have eyes

IT was never scary unless you saw it when you were a kiddo

actually like 99% of horror movies are never scary unless you see them as a kiddo

I'm amazed that people still pay to go see hollywood shit.

wtf is wrong with you people?

can someone provide that scene with sound?

Are you bragging or something? Tough guy can't be scared?

I can't remember a movie that truly scared me. The original IT wasn't scary either.

The only scene that genuinely made me jump was when Bev demolished her dad with the porcelain toilet lid, since I thought she had just jumped out the window and taken the fire stairs.

I think the main reason it wasn't really scary was that everyone already knows what happens: The kids band together against the spook, which only "gets" the bullies. Besides that, they turned Richie into a one-liner quip machine, the "humour" and "comedy" breaking up whatever tension or stress accumulated from the last spooking.

Nothing but jumpscares, it was the typical shitty PG-13 horror movie but with a few scenes of gore and a lot of swearing so it was made R.

Yeah, I really liked the dancing scene too. It felt like it was just doing the dance out of obligation, as if it was a task that needed completion after introducing itself as a dancing clown

Just left the theatre, what a shitshow, so much potential but horribly edited and the CGI oh my god.

The series was never scary for adults. It was scary when you were a kid and you thought killer clowns lived in the shower drain.

OP here.

Honestly all of you are right. I had high expectations from this movie probably because when I was a child, and I mean like 3 or 4 years old, I watched some of the tv mini series and it really scared me, more than nothing else in years to come.

I usually don't see horror movies because most of the time they suck.
Well today I learned a lesson, lol.

I don't know if they went to far with Richie or if I just can't remeber the guy that never shut up during my middle school years.

it was more dope asf than scary