Who was the absolute madman who thought it was a good idea to finance a romantic drama about a man with scissors for...

Who was the absolute madman who thought it was a good idea to finance a romantic drama about a man with scissors for hands?

Not saying the movie isn't good, its great, but damn what a risk.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kv_TNl1Ef-M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i remember crying a lot at the ending when i watched it as a kid

Burton had just done BATMAN, and previous to that Beetlejuice, he was riding high, not to mention this starred teen heartthrob Johnny Depp. a risk to be sure, but CALCULATED.

Wino was doing pretty well too. Wino and Depp alone was sure to draw teens no matter what.

You don't need to SHOUT every other word, reddit.

it was the 90s, Tim Burton was on a roll and havent been already exposed as the hack he already is, studios knew that he'll turn it in gold

It was just Burton's take on Frankenstein with a gothic romance twist.

Why does everything Tim Burton make seems to be designed for teen hot topic girls?

>I contribute nothing to the discussion but crying about Reddit.
How about you eat my ass

he has a goth fetish

he even married that uggo vampire looking slag, helena bonam carter

This was a time when audiences and studios seemed to be hungry for ideas they hadn't seen before. Hard to imagine, isn't it?

>it's all about ME ME ME!
Yup, reddit alright. Also, nice fallacy ya got there. Your reply doesn't contribute anything yet you still decided to post it. Nice hypocrisy.

Well this movie is about Burton. He was an angsty goth kid who didn't fit in anywhere and hated all the suburbian housewives around him.

>Also, nice fallacy ya got there. Your reply doesn't contribute anything
Contributed more to the OP's topic than you pretending to be some kind of oldfag. Now go stroke your e-peen elsewhere.

What part of ">I contribute nothing to the discussion but crying about Reddit.
How about you eat my ass" is even slightly related to Scissorhands and/or Tim Burton?
Also, learn to reply, redditnigger. lmao

You don't HAVE to wear your insecurities on your sleeves, user. You CAN just enjoy Sup Forums for what it is without acting like a crybaby everytime you see something that TRIGGERS you.

Welp, there goes redditfag again on another autistic fit. I wouldn't expect any less from a Burton fanboy.
Also, nice projecting.

This thread is really pathetic.

It's really just one guy though.

Αll me.

It was a risk, yes. Everyone I knew thought it was a horror movie when we saw the design of Scissorhands. No one took it for anything but until we saw a trailer at the cinema.

But as someone already mentioned, Burton had just finished some very succesful movies and was probably given room to take risks and do what he wanted to.

The chosen actors and somewhat cheap(but not cheap-looking) set probably also helped to seal the deal.

Johnny Depp stated that he "cried like a baby" when he first read the script.

Imagine how different this movie would've been if Johnny Depp didn't get the role. He was fifth choice. Gary Oldman, Tom Cruise, Jim Carrey, and Robert Downey, Jr were all considered before Depp was. Even Michael Jacksson was considered at some point.

Danny Elfman almost didn't get to do the soundtrack either. The singer from The Cure was asked to do the soundtrack but he turned it down because he didn't know who Tim Burton was.

This is my favorite Tim Burton movie.

I love this movie, but it's literally just "Tim Burton's Beauty and the Beast"

I can sorta picture RDJ doing it. Carey would be too goofy for the role, Cruise would be the worst. Jackson would have been great.

no u, fagboi
youtube.com/watch?v=kv_TNl1Ef-M

Burton invented the teen hot topic girl you fucking dolt