*inhales*

*inhales*

>make your movies... worse?

mhmmm yassss

*formerly breathes in*

>make better movies
>make original movies
>but dont you dare hire competent people

He's right. Cast cunts and niggers and your rt score goes up with the majority of critics.

Be humble. Sit down.

>helping moviegoers avoid patronizing, politicized blackbait movies

>make better movies while basing your casting and creative decisions on skin color, gender, and sexuality

one of these things is not like the other

Dont forget who runs these things Nigger.
Breath

*I move away from the mic to breathe in*

Communists aren't people.

It's like his list of things degrades in matters of importance.

>Make better movies
A given, but fuck yeah!
>Make original movies
If they could also be good that'd be fantastic!
>Make diverse movies
Not exactly a priority but if you're willing to make good original characters with different ethnic backgrounds sure, why not?
>Make queer movies
I mean sure thing, representation's important but being queer doesn't make i--
>Hire more women, POC, and queer creatives
THAT DOESN'T MAKE THEM GOOD. We've all seen what happens when you let untalented women write just because you want the brownie points, you get the first few eps of R&M Season 3.

Side note, how many of these "WE WANT MUH DIVERSITY" fags do you think are gonna actually go out and watch Beach Rats? How many do you think saw Moonlight before the Oscars?

deep cut meme

*stops breathing*

>Make original movies
Valerian and the City of... fail.
FnF, Disney, Reboots, Remakes, capeshit.
This is what rules BO. Original ideas 7/10 cases fail. Noone gonna risk that much.

Honestly is there anything more cringe than a commercial advertising a movie / tv show using a RT score? When did this trend start because nearly every commercial I see uses it these days.

I always knew that having lesbian niggers be more involved in Hollywood was the key to saving it. Thank you Mr. Kennedy for saying it out loud.

I CAN'T BREATHE

>shit up generic capeshit movies with diversity crap
>sales drop off
>how do we fix this?
>lol more diversity :^)

name one diversive movie that has done well

Hollyjew would do better if they focused on making more innovative/original movies with smaller budgets, rather than these focus-group'd risk-adverse mega-blockbusters that cost a billion dollars each. The issue is that when you spend THAT MUCH on a movie, you're not willing to take any risks on it. And what's the least risky thing to do? What's already being done. Same genre as what's already popular, same big actors, sequels/reboots of the same old stuff, etc.

It has to be fairly recent. I hadn't seen it till maybe a few months back.

>yes
>yes
>wait what
>no
>what the fuck
>please don't

This

>here's a tip, hollywood
>what if you make BETTER movies? then more people will pay to watch them

and he's not charging anything for this consultation?

what does "done well" mean, Crash probably made shit tier money but won oscars

Lol the last three reasons
>Liberals actually believe this is why the movies are bad

whats the diference betwen a queer and a gay person.

Fast and furious franchise? They put every color in those things

Oscars don't count. The movies that go for oscars are always shit-tier dramas about oppressed niggers or the holocaust that nobody except the academy itself actually likes. It's pure circle-jerking, plain and simple.

i agree they should make more diverse movies
everything is capeshit now

give me a wider range of flicks

a good box office. oscars do not mean shit

Chocolate Rain.

go finish your syrup sandwiches

well, nigger has a point
if you want a good score on tomatoes you need to go full lgbtq
its the only thing they care about

>Oscars don't count.
Marvelshill damage control

>Make better movies.
Oh yeah you gottem boy
>Make original movies
Fuck yeah tell those capeshit faggots
>Make diverse movies
Uh, sure... I guess
>Make queer movies
We already got Wes Anderson bruh, calm down.
>Hire more women, POC and queer creatives
Someone get my rope

>make queer movies
Why does this make a movie good/better?

around the same time the
>*RT score screencap*
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>HOW WILL [movie/production company/fanbase] EVER RECOVER?
memes started making the rounds.
this to the highest degree.

2016 ghostbusters most notably

"make queer movies" what exactly would this look like?

We live in an age where far left wack jobs genuinely believe that making something, anything, queer automatically makes it better. They believe in diversity for the sake of it, and are somehow blind to the blatant hypocrisy and commodification of it all.

valerian had been ripped off by so many franchises that going back to source is basically just making the same shit everyone else is, except worse, because you're ignoring all that had been learned from mistakes made by the copycats. Same reason john carter totally failed. You can't adapt proto-fiction and expect people to not draw comparisons to the superior imitators that have come since.

First two are spot on, the rest is what's killing hollywood

Movies need to be 2 hours of pic related, is the only way to please this people.

you're missing the single white pixel

otherwise who'd the villian be?

>Hollyjew would do better if they focused on making more innovative/original movies with smaller budgets

People always say this shit, it's like the "hurr MTV should play music videos" of the cinema world.

Except, people don't watch music videos, and they don't watch small budget shit either. They want to go to the movies and see something familiar with someone they recognize on the poster so that they know the next two hours aren't going to be a disaster.

For every small-budget movie that makes bank and everyone is like "why don't they always just make movies for 100k that make 100x their budget back" there are 1000 small-budget movies that nobody sees and make nothing.

>make better movies
>make worse movies
hmm

He started off so well

>Same reason john carter totally failed.
The marketing of the movie was a big problem, just because hollywood literally thinks that the word "mars" is cursed.

it's not a binary between shitty arthouse flicks and 4 hours of cgi superheros. blomkamp has terrible scripts but he manages to have great looking effects on a small budget. hollywood is just bloated with nepotistic incompetents with coke habits and massive egos.

no, the marketing was not the big problem. The fact the movie was fucking horrible was the big problem.

You seem to think the only options are giant 500 million dollar capeshit shlockfests or pretentious art student films.

My whole point is that there used to be more of a gradient. There used to be more movies with modest budgets, rather than a few with massive budgets. Will you AT LEAST admit that giant budgets is what stifles innovation? This should be self-evident.

Bruh, Elysium was over 100 mil and Chappie was over 50, a lot more expensive than your average rom-com.

I'm not sure what you mean by "small budget."

>superior imitators
lmfao I bet you include shit like star wars in that category

True. I actually saw that movie a while later flipping through the TV channels, and it was actually pretty good. But the TV ads I saw years back that were flooding everything didn't explain what the movie was AT ALL, and it was just "oh, there's some guy named John Carter. And uh, he looks like he's in that arena scene from Star Wars Episode 2?"

>Will you AT LEAST admit that giant budgets is what stifles innovation?

No, what stifles innovation is that people don't want innovation. That should have been very evident to you by the third time a Transformers movie made over a billion dollars.

The problem is the consumer base, not Hollywood. I don't know if people understand how capitalism works but the output of Hollywood was caused by what consumers have chosen to pay for over the past several decades. Original movies don't make a decent box office usually, even when they are reviewed well. This discourages creativity because major theater releases are a business move first and foremost.

Civil War was 250 million.

elysium cost was bloated by paying "big name" actors. Chappie, adjusted for inflation, had about the same budget as district 9.

lmfao i bet you don't even realize "superior imitators" is an intentional oxymoron.

>Except, people don't watch music videos, and they don't watch small budget shit either. They want to go to the movies and see something familiar with someone they recognize on the poster so that they know the next two hours aren't going to be a disaster
they only do this because ticket prices are through the roof, precisely because Hollywood built their industry around big budget shit
it's a hole they digged for themselves

so hold up

u be sayin test marketing

the act of pulling together represenative samples of demographics and quizzing them on their reactions to things

test marketing

be responsible for the lack of originality/creativity in the hollywood??

aw hell nah

Okay, so you're just mentally retarded. I'll try to explain this again.

When you have a bigger budget, that makes the movie a riskier investment. If an investment is riskier in the first place, the studio will be less willing to take any risks. They will play it safe, and go with things as derivative as possible. Movies that have more modest budgets are allowed to make more risks.

Your edgy defeatism on the nature of man isn't going to work here. Putting out the same thing over and over again does NOT work. If that were the case, nothing would ever change at all. But that's not true. What happens is at some point, someone takes a risk on something new. It becomes a hit, and more things like it get made. And then that gets run into the ground, until someone else takes a risk on something new, and then that becomes the new thing. This process of innovation slows down when you have bigger budgets and less risk

We all know focus groups don't actually work. People aren't robots and can't actually tell you what they want. It's like getting dating advice from a woman.

No, they do this because normies have wives, girlfriends, families, and oftentimes what movie they're going to see is a group decision.

>people don't want innovation

people never want what they don't know they want until they see/get it for the first time.

I am sat down. Do you think I'm typing while standing?

The primary function of focus groups and test marketing is to determine how much money to spend marketing a product. The problems only started arising when people (JJ abrams) started granting creative control to test-groups.

NIGGERS!

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that precisely what's been happening?

>Make queer movies

Justice Leauge is coming later this year.

Exactly. Nobody knew they wanted scifi fantasy and laser swords until star wars came around and then it turned out they did.

you asserted that focus-groups and test marketing don't work. But they not only work in their proper function (hence why hollywood seems to know when to not bother trying to market shit movies) they've been working rather well in this new extended function of determining how to make movies. Just the effectiveness of their jj-function has been winding down as of late.

So white nazi hitlers alt-righterssay that hollywood is dying because liberals but evil communist transgender liberals say it is because white people.

hmmmmmmm

The descriptive power of horseshoe theory hard at work

No he wants queer movies, not movies for queers.

To be fair, it's the logical extension of the "Critics agree" trend that commercials have been doing for a long time now
I will say that it's ultimately a bad thing that it seems like normies are slowly starting to treat RT as the end-all-be-all judge of whether or not a movie is good

problem being, you can rationalize the success of star wars as a result of simply being a fresh hero's journey.

Which, of course, none of the entries after the OT have been able to recreate.

For about six minutes, just after RT went live and just before marketing departments started trying to manipulate it to sell shit movies, the tomato-meter was a decent representation of whether or not a movie was worth the ticket price.

Now everything gets 100% but the actual score is 6.5/10 or some shit.

It's not rotten tomatoes fault that you or anyone else is somehow too stupid to understand the separate utility of the percentage and the rating out of 10.

Well speaking of the prequels, they're actually an odd break from the "rules". They were these massive-budgeted AAA blockbuster movies, but because George Lucas had total control over them, they weren't made as the "safe" blockbusters. It's actually an instance of someone taking risks with a high-budget movie.

Of course, those risks didn't pan out critically, because the movies are shit, but hey, at least he tried something new.

back when 1 hour's worth of minimum wage could get you 2 tickets people diversified in their viewing decisions, that's how so many different studios grew

The effect of new hollywood still fucks with execs I think, they don't want to give smaller filmmakers too much power

new new hollywood when

I'm no expert on this, but I heard somewhere that the biggest studios and filmmakers somehow pushed the smaller competitors out of the market to better form an oligopoly of the AAA blockbuster studios. Not sure how valid this is or how they did that though.

Liberals aren't communists

Liberals aren't people

Thank you for fixing your statement

Valerian is a comic adaptation, not an original idea.

Baby Driver. Not an adaptation, autistic or something protag, deaf granpa, plenty of black people.

And it did well because they don't pause on these subjects, they're people who just happen to be that.