Megg Mogg and Owl - LANDSCAPE

Hi fellas

Doing a Landscape storytime. Since Simon said this won't ever get reprinted or collected, I figured I might as well share it with the world.

I don't have a scanner right now so you're gonna have to bear with my cellphone pics and my finger holding the book in place, sorry. It should still be readable.

Other urls found in this thread:

truthzonefan.tumblr.com/
boards.420chan.org/616/res/33457.php)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

2/27

captcha's a pain in the ass

3/27

4/27

they now have captchas where you have to draw a fuckin shape around traffic signs, what the fuck

5/27

6/27

[intermission page]

7/27

8/27

this one's one of the most fucked up MMO stories to date imo

9/27

that 'like blooming flowers' panel is genius

10/27

bumparooni

11/27

12/27

I understand these are really shitty pics but

13/27

...but I hope it's at least readable.

14/27

those last 2 panels would make for a great reaction image. Also sum up my feelings about the last story on this zine

Thanks, OP!

15/27

Love this. Especially the last story. Truth Zone is at it's best when it's deep cut Comics Workbook references.

16/27

17/27

no problem

Can't say I get it...

18/27

19/27

20/27

21/27

this is where it gets full Truth Zone

This is sooo good thank you OP really

22/27

23/27

I dont think I get a single reference in the next 4 pages kek

maybe we have a comicsworkbook.com nerd in the audience

Thanks, OP

24/27

Thanks OP, this is gr8

25/27

Simon's limited edition stuff is usually rather strange and/or depressing (see Drone and that French-only story) but this zine is just so funny

26/27

grand finale

What is truth zone?

27/27

and that's it. That last story is quite something...

a Megg Mogg and Owl series that ran for 90 or so pages, it's all about the gang talking about comics, the comics world, interviewing artists, etc. etc. - it's pretty funny and it's all here:

truthzonefan.tumblr.com/

Anyone got a rar of Truth Zone? I don't want to read it on that tumblr.

Thanks user!

no problem Sup Forumsmrades, just posting what I'd like to see more of on this board myself. Storytime threads have always been my favorite threads

thanks op

i suggest you have those scanned sometime if you have access to a scanner

agh, I downloaded the whole thing but I dont have access to it right now. I will post it here tomorrow; search the catalogue and the archive for a thread titled 'TRUTH ZONE' tomorrow. Or give me an email so I can send it to you (create a fake email just for this if you so wisely decide not to share your personal email on Sup Forums)

[email protected]

Do you by any chance have other stuff too? A lot of stuff was posted on 420chan(boards.420chan.org/616/res/33457.php) but all the links are dead now.

Pic related is all I've got.

What the fuck was that?

I have a MMO folder full of small strips but I don't think I have any that aren't on the Fantagraphics books already. I'll take a look anyway

Anybody have Minihex? If you don't feel like sharing the whole thing, could you please list the story titles and take a pic of the lore notes?

Thanks from the user, who didn't buy this on time.

Who /owl/ here?

Fuck Werewolf Jones.

I think Minihex just is the X-Mas 2017 story but with a newly drawn and colored front and back cover.

I resent them both but in different ways.

XMAS 2017 is in there but there's more stuff in it too

>this one's one of the most fucked up MMO stories to date imo

You aint lying. WTF? I know one of WWJs sons did cam shows but that is only talked about in a story. This was way more straight to the point and much, much worse. Damn!

Yeah alright. Here's the contents page. Not gonna bother with the stories because they're readily available.

And here's the only other piece of new content from Minihex and Simon put it up on tumblr.

I wish I could buy this directly from Fanta. I don't want to buy another copy of Megahex to get it.

thanks a ton m8

>I dont think I get a single reference in the next 4 pages kek
>maybe we have a comicsworkbook.com nerd in the audience

The Groth reference is to Gary Groth, co-founder of Fantagraphics.

Aidan Koch is an artist and cartoonist. I'm guessing it's also supposed to be her in the comic and not some "biter" that WWJ thinks.

Nobrow Press is a british publisher of alternative/underground comix

Don't get the reference in the last page but I guess it's just taking a piss about modern art comics in general.

Nah the Aiden Koch biter is a reference to a time when Frank Santoro called out someone as a Koch biter and she got super pissed about it. WWJ doing a driveby on The Paris Review is a reference to this time Santoro spent weeks shittalking The Paris Review.

Cool, thanks! The more you know.

I've got the Fantagraphics books, Worst Behaviour, WWJ & Sons, and a couple other of the shorter publications, as well as the full Truth Zone 'official bootleg' print collection

no scanner though lol sorry

Werewolf Jones is garbage but he's still my favourite character. If Simon stays true to his word we've only got about one more year of his shit before he ODs.

Thanks OP, I'm usually pretty on top of buying anything MMO related but I missed out on this one, hoping I can manage to find a copy somehow

I'm sure we'll keep getting stories that just take place before he dies. Owl left at the end of Megahex but all the new stories still have him living with them.

pic related. proud of my little collection

>live in the middle of nowhere outside the US

>preorder One more year

>shipping costs more than the actual book

thats why I got Amsterdam from Amazon and missed out on Minihex, it's so much cheaper

yeah that's kinda what I was hoping. the timeline seems pretty fluid overall. Though I know Simon's releasing a collection called 'One More Year' next year, which I know is a reference to the end of Life Zone, but maybe he's thinking of wrapping it all up soon? I really hope not but I also don't know if I want to see MM&O go on for longer than it should. Quality is more important than longevity

we still have the whole Megg's Coven storyline to go through, as well as post-Megahex events, so there's still MMO for a long while

Webcomics in a nutshell

>the first picture
Fucking kek

Not having a scanner yet myself is the only reason I didn't up load this and Drone myself a month ago. I've gone full autist over collecting as much of Simon's MMO output as possible to catalogue in the future. I actually just last week got the new Cold Cube zine and that has 4 new pages of MMO in it. As well as Castles in the Sky which has another 2 pager in it about WWJ going to a concert and sticking poisonous caterpillars up his ass to get high

Landscape is actually one of my favorites. I'm glad I got in on the ground floor of that first batch. In fact the impression I got is the only reason he made a second batch at all was because his dog pissed on a bunch of copies and he had to throw them out.

If you don't have Amsterdam it comes with that as well.

Simon has said as recently as this year that he isn't even close to running out of MMO stories and that he also basically doesn't want to write much else anymore.

I'm I got that "official bootleg" of TZ as well. Might as well post the strip from the liner notes and WWJ flipping the reader off while you're at it.

This makes it all worth it. Thx user