Question to Sup Forums:

Can Sup Forums still enjoy a comic/cartoon, if the creator is always shitting on your political views on Twitter?

Does it bleed into his comics? If no, get yourself some thicker skin, you wimp.

My what?

That depends on how much those political views influence the art they make. If it starts to become a "Kill all men!" power fantasy or something, yeah, I will probably stop reading/watching it.

Or a "Women who have sex outside of marriage are slut who need to die!" message. Neither of those are things I agree with and would greatly diminish my enjoyment of said story to the point I will stop supporting them.

If it were just on twitter yes.
But it's never just on twitter. The politics of the creator will always be infused in their works eventually.

I know its not quite the same thing but Scott Adams has been so vocal about Trump or Twitter and his blog since he announced he was running and it hasn't made its way into Dilbert

Alex Hi8rsch?

Pic not related since the Harley & Power Girl miniseries was drab and humorless and filled with whining about the '70s caricature character being sexist.

>giving a shit about twitter in the first place
>having a twitter
What the fuck?

As long as it doesn't bleed into the comics.

You're a weak, whiny bitch if you can't.

I wouldn't mind if it gets in the prominently in the work. I follow a number of conservative artists and writers even tough their views sometimes gets in the story. For example, a guy i really like has strong christians values and it shows sometimes in his work. Inversely, a show like SU has no qualm about tackling on progressive subjects without being (imo) obnoxious about it. It's all a matter of how it's being treated in the story. The conservative artist I'm talking about (Ethan Nicolle) never gets on my face about being a christian. He just likes to have his characters sharing christians values in his book which is totally fine by me even tough I'm an atheist.

I was really interested in picking up Jason Aaron's Thor and I really didn't cared about the mantra being passed to Jane Foster. I thought it would be interesting and keep things going. But the blatant feminist pandering just put me off. Same goes with the new Mockingbird or the Agent of Hel thing. It's so weakly done. While Moore was able to make a political statement with his comic (V For Vendetta), he still gave it room to add subtlety and a process of rational thinking on the reader's part. Moore really pushed anarchism (either you agree with it or not doesn't matter) as an viable ideology. Meanwhile, hacks working for Marvel read what political view was trending on Jezebel and decided to paste in their comic for that non-existent tumblr money. There's no thoughts, no statement and no progress that are made. It's feminism crap that are pushed in super heroes comic which somehow seems as the perfect platform to promote equality.

>tfw Twitterfag got triggered with Alex Hirch for blocking him, and decided to spend every Gravitty Falls thread posting shit about his Twitter and making shit up

There are a lot of manchildren on Sup Forums that will get personal over people having different political views.

No because someone who goes out of their way to be a weenie on social media is too much of a mental lightweight to make a good comic or cartoon in the first place.

He also is a company war fag.

I don't use Twitter, but I still read Cerebus the Aardvark even though the author thinks that women shouldn't have suffrage, that AIDS is a government conspiracy, and that keeping animals as housepets was a mistake.

If you can't handle a few tweets from the other side then you are a weak-willed reader and worthy of derision.

twitter is for 13 year old girls
grow up and form your own opinions

Yes. Waid's become a jackass, and it's bled into books like ANAD Avengers and Champions, but I still love Brave and the Bold and Daredevil. Even his current books that keep it clear of that like Avengers.1 and Black Widow.

Yes but that won't stop me from calling them a cuck.

Most of the ones who say dumb shit are old and haven't done a good comic in years

Well, Sup Forums would be fucked, because most of the Sup Forums creators are liberals.

>Hirsch from GF is openly left wing and anti-trump

>the Steven Universe crew obviously

> Over The Garden Wall was also made by a anti-Trump guy.

> Savino that made Loud House is left wing.

The only cartoon creator that I know that is conservative is Butch Hartman.

Yes. It's extremely petty not too. Shit like that is why the country is so divided. Somehow political beliefs have become everyone's entire being, and unless someone is with you they are literally Hitler.

Harley looks like Peeg's tit is telling her eldritch secrets not meant for mortal ears.

Can a creator still make a comic/cartoon if Sup Forums s always shitting on his political views on Sup Forums?

I hate it when they draw a hot/revealing woman on the cover and there's no nude scene inside

Depends if the writer can keep their political views mostly separate from their comic work. Good example is Gerry Conway. Extremely liberal guy on twitter, but Carnage and Renew your vows have been great, and not political at all.

Bad example is Nick Spencer. Another extreme liberal on twitter, and I know a book called captain America should touch on some political stuff, but Spencer makes it so obvious which side he prefers. I mean, the one liberal villain he had turned out to be a robot Captain Hydra made for a secret plan to make Sam look bad. Superior foes was great though.

I don't use twitter. I only see what they say through Sup Forums. But most of my favorite writers don't post anything political though even when we're aware of their views. Did Morrison write anything about the election?

>Women who have sex outside of marriage are slut who need to die
The slut part is correct, though. It's a term ascribed to a particular person and their actions, sexist or not. It would be stupid for a person that pitches for the SF Giants to be upset when someone calls him a baseball player.

But nobody deserves to die over it.

Grow some balls, user.

I dropped Champions like a flaming sack of shit after Waids recent posts. Champions is going to be preachy as fuck now that Trump is in. It was always going to be heavy but now it's going to be insufferable and he will ruin the characters. Cyclops is going to get so much shit for being white even though he's from the most marginalized group in the Marvel universe

I'm not on twitter so it doesn't bother me.

Stop reading their Twitter, faggot.

Yes.

That's why i completely stopped reading anything marvel or DC 2 years ago. Especially Mavel, sometimes i try reading something on comic view but i always drop it because it is usually fucking awful. holly shit how the mighty have fallen.

Now it's all about being progressive and liberal in that shit, anything contrarian to that is seen as evil, nothing is subtle anymore.

Oops, i meant to say NO.

Yes because I'm not autistic

Post more Peej and Harley

But mostly Peej

I don't have a Twitter account and don't read it. The only reason I ever see that shit is because it keeps getting posted everywhere on Sup Forums, OMG LOOK AT WHAT SHE SAAAID

What about men who sleep around?

Why don't women understand that men and women are NOT the same? It's nature.

I'll give you a Peej inspired Harley.

But mostly just so I can post Harleybutt.

I'll take it

Politics and Twitter let's everyone's inner faggot out. So you only have yourself to blame if you seek that out.

>Every year people get more and more righteous and indignant on social media

Don't you get tired of it? All the poison and hate everyone has for everyone else?

We need another world War to unify the nation against a common threat. Some space aliens or someshit. Where is Ozymandias when you need him?

Politics should be kept private.

Discussion about it just turns people into intolerable assholes.

there's an unfollow button. If I'm sick of someone's shit, I use it. ezpz. I've made a nice little echo chamber for myself where I can pretend humans are much more chill about everything than they actually are

Not if said creator makes said work unpalatable not just to Sup Forums but to fucking everyone with a good sense of storytelling.

Goddamnit Zack.

Sounds like you need to retreat to your safe space.

I don't follow comic makers on Twitter, so it's pretty easy.

It kinda would be a constant niggle at the back of my mind while I was watching/reading it and it would taint the experience for me.

If Zack would rather destroy his creation than let the "wrong" kind of person enjoy it, he was doomed from the beginning.

Depends.

Full retard regressive SJW with a side order of marxist class conflict? I probably won't even like what they're creating in the first place. But if they can keep their politics out of it then maybe.

Moderate progressive, even if I disagree with their particular stances on a lot of issues? I can live with that.

Leans right on social issues (healthcare, welfare, abortion, gay marriage) and can't shut up on Twitter about how the poor deserve to die and decrease the surplus population? Probably a deal breaker.

Hardcore religious right and wants to pray the gay away? Deal breaker. Doesn't even matter if they can keep their politics out of it.

I don't use twitter in general, and even if I did it wouldn't be to follow comic creators, so yes.

>There are only 5 cartoon creators ever

>SU crew
amounting to anything more than tumblrmush

>OtgW
>still relevant

Shitposting aside; Lauren Faust has been absolutely intolerable in the weeks following the election.

Can we? Yes.

Are we capable of doing so? No.

fat tits, fat tities, plump fat tits.

>I WANT MY WAY
The salt isn't even fun anymore; it's so samey.

This is also the woman who wrote a perceptive story for PPG about bad people using feminism as a cudgel but later disowned it for some reason.

Why is Harley so fucking nervous? I thought she loved Peeg's giant fat tats.

Ethan van Sciver and Jurgens do it and I still love their work, so yeah.
If you can't then you're probably just a little baby.

I just unfollow them and try to ignore that aspect of their life, however, I did find John DiMaggio's post election meltdown concerning and somewhat sad and pathetic.

I think anyone who loves those tits would be a bit nervous to be face-to-fat-tat with them. It's like meeting your hero.

>disowning it for some reason

What did she say in regards to the episode? I was told she got mad shit from feminazis for it.

Fuck off boco

Why would she not want her way? You one of those spineless faggots who bends over and takes it every time daddy tells you he wants your hole?

>DiMaggio's meltdown

I stopped following a long time ago now; checking out his twitter now. Holy shit what a miserable existence. The internet was a mistake.

Because she and the political group she associates with lost, fair and square and she can't seem to accept that. All the whining she does serves no purpose and only makes her look like a child.

So the answer is yes then. I'm coming over. Call me Big D okay?

Not even the same user, senpai but feel free to whine and bitch; at the end of the day you're as powerless as Faust ;)

>the political group she associates with lost, fair and square and she can't seem to accept that
I mean, if winning the popular vote but losing the election is "fair and square" then sure.

It is.

Because the USA is a federation and there is no national race.

This has happened before.

It is.

Stay salty.

Yeah alright. Bet you guys would sound an awful lot like me if Trump lost though.

see
and then do some research on the electoral college and understand how and why the election process works the way it does.

Not an argument.

Guess we'll never know.

Sorry user, you took too long.

Personally, I didn't vote for either candidate and dislike them both equally, so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't sound like you.

It's perfectly fine to say you don't like the electoral college. The part that I don't care for is that people only start really talking about it after their candidate loses. If these same people who are complaining about the electoral college now were also complaining about it 1 or 2 years ago then I'd have no problem with them. Their complaints are transparent and ultimately their just trying to pretend their not buttmad about losing to a wealthy tangerine with a bad haircut.

More powerful than you at least, I've got the power to piss you off enough to stop watching shitty cartoons apparently.

>and understand how and why the election process works the way it does.
Yeah perhaps you should do that yourself.

The US being a federation is irrelevant towards the philosophy of the EC. I don't know what you mean by "national race".

The EC broke it's purpose as soon as the States started imposing their will on their respective electorates. It exist today solely based on the fact that it is difficult to get rid of.

I literally do not give a single fuck what a creator does outside of their work unless it involves murdering babies or some equally absurd shit.

>Not an argument.
Kill yourself retarded YouTube philosopher faggot.

Not an argument.

You are exaggerating your level of apathy.

I've never liked the idea of the electoral college but this is the first time I was old enough to vote so I wasn't complaining about it 1 or 2 years ago.
I agree that people need to be more involved, not just every 4 years.

I got banned from Mark Waid on twitter. First person on that site that ever banned me. I'm not exactly sure why but it may have been because of at least one of the following:

1. Because I replied to one of his posts in which he gave "a SPECIAL shout-out to Jimmy Fallon for helping out", blaming Fallon and saying fuck you to him. In my reply I told him that blaming Fallon for Trump becoming President was stupid and that all Fallon did was fucking interview him the same way he has interviewed everyone else who has come on his show.

2. Because of my reply I gave to a post that his pal George Perez made, telling him that "as a liberal who lives in a blue state who voted for Hillary", that him deciding to boycott all cons that take place in red states was a dick move.

I do also remember making at least one other tweet towards Mark Waid that may have been more harsh and perhaps rude. However I deleted it/them long before he banned him so I kind of doubt it was because of that.

Baby elephants are so cute.

Sorry you are not a YouTube philosopher. You are just the dumbass that the YT philosopher managed to persuade.

Not an argument.

Didn't Trump end up winning the popular vote as well after everything was counted? That's what I've been seeing anyways.

I voted third party btw

>Didn't Trump end up winning the popular vote as well
No, he lost the popular by biggest margin of any EC winner ever.

>The US being a federation is irrelevant towards the philosophy of the EC. I don't know what you mean by "national race".
The states aren't mere administrative sub-divisions. They're a significant level of government, hence representation of their population, on their own. The EC exists to re-balance the election so a few high-population states can''t decide things on their own every time and leave other states ignored.

There is no "race" at the national level, just a compilation of the results of the races in each state (and DC). There's no decisions being made, just rules being followed.

Will that affect anything?

I see, about 1.67 million according to a fresh article.
Still doesn't seem as much since if you were to remove California Trump would be up by 2 million votes.
Frankly the DNC fucked up when they forgot about the rest of the country and just campaigned in the big cities.

No. He still won EC, which is how you become president.

no he is still president, electoral college is made so 2 states dont make the choice for everyone.