ITT: Characters you love but are never used

ITT: Characters you love but are never used

When Black Knight became "that guy with a helmet and lightsaber", something died inside me.

The Immortal Weapons from The Immortal Iron Fist. I think Spider-Island was the last time we saw any of them.

I mean it made sense seeing as the EB started to mess with him, but on the other hand the lightsaber wasn't a good choice and was probably used just to remind you he has a science background

I thought they appeared in his ongoing after that?

Fat Cobra and Prince of Orphans were in Fraction's Defenders. Granted, Fat Cobra died IIRC, but since Strange went back in time and negated the whole series he should be fine again.

Also, it'd be great to see Master Izo and Black Tarantula again.

Fat cobra was in deadpool vs. Gambit a few months back

> marvel does a announces that spiderman will be getting a sidekick for his 50th anniversary
> everybody is curious
> make him an unlikable jackass who is discarded after 3 issues

Who the hell was that

Alpha

Every Marvel UK character basically except sometimes Captain Britain.

I was so glad when the brought him back to life, but then he promptly fell back into limbo.

i miss this version

I thought he and Nightmask still had an ongoing?

i think a good majority of Homestuck characters are this. In terms of Trolls, if you aren't Vriska, Terezi, and Karkat, you're gonna get left out.

Shit, Gamzee's supposedly the 2nd most important character in homestuck, but doesn't even manage to do much.

both of them

Bibleman?

The lightsaber was dumb as fuck, but the "bomber jacket with Avengers logo overmedieval armor" look was fucking 10/10. 90s Black Knight using the Ebony Blade instead of the lightsaber is the best Black Knight.

A lightsaber? Huh, does it ever get the chance to answer the age of question of 'where does a Jedi stand on capeshit power scales'?

If that's Jack of Hearts he's (gonna?) be in USAvengers apparently. Or, he's used for one of the variant covers.

Basically all the Charlton heroes
Have any of them been in anything since Pax Americana?

THE BEST THING HE HAD GOING FOR HIM WAS A MAGIC SWORD AND THEY GAVE HIM A LIGHT SABRE?

Guardians of Infinity was okay but I was disappointed that Geena, King Peter, and Rael Rider all got dropped.

New 52 was fun for a little while...

Captain Atom is getting a miniseries by Bates and Weisman early next year.
Ted's been in Blue Beetle

The whole Tangent universe is strangely tenacious
>Cameoed in the Infinite Crisis comic
>Got a sequel miniseries/crossover with main DCU in 2009
>Made it into Morrison's Multiverse guide

But they're probably years away from another apprearance in anything.

Basically every ghost rider is dead outside of the occasional mini series though

I forgot Ted's back
But have they unfucked the Question yet?

Vulcan has a fan?

Really? What happened to you in life to make you so broken inside as to like Vulcan?

Just another alternate universe I really like that's just dead

nope i think he's still mia

Honestly, I'm kind of bummed his Heroes for Hire powers and kit basically disappeared without explanation after that series was cancelled and he was limboed for years.

It wasn't as damn fine a look as his leather jacket over armour costume, but it did add a magic shield to his magic sword. (And one that didn't risk turning him into a statue, at that)

Frank Teiri is a goddamned hack

>Your mom's Bibleman

Static .

The only time I ever liked the Black Knight was his stint in Heroes For Hire, where he actually returned to using magical items instead of an atomic steed and a goddam light saber. Along with a winged horse and actually wearing armor and not a leather jacket. OP's pic is... that period did everything possible to screw over the character. I remain at a loss of who wanted a tech-using Black Knight.

Skin should never have died, and losing Chamber in the background sucks.

Even if Tieri is a hack, and boy is he, the Apocalypse cultist background he grafted on is a hook that has never approached payoff, which makes it even worse.

He's currently the new Eternity.

Hyperion is still in the current Squadron Supreme.

Ha. No.

New ongoing, my man.

I'll be honest, I don't know much about Black Knight. But if I were to reinvent him based on what I do know I would absolutely keep the magic sword but I would also give him a leather jacket and maybe a motorcycle. Have him be a kind of modern knight-errant like you get the occasional modern cowboy types.

Feel free to tell I'm an idiot missing the point or whatever but I think that could be cool. The lightsaber is goofy though, I had no idea he ever had one.

Maxima

No, because it was a "plasma sword" or whatever, not a real lightsaber

Maxima is great
I'm collecting the Dan Jurgens/Rick Burchett Justice League run where Maxima was on the team

I'm not going to call you an idiot but I will use this as an opportunity to ask, what is it about the Black Knight that makes you want to see a character with a magic sword and a leather jacket/motorcycle? Whats the appeal?

Ya know, steel horse and all that. Cowboys aren't the only ones to ride horses but I feel like you see more cowboy-motorcycle analogues than anything else. I like the idea of a cool-looking modern knight who rides from town to town, kingdom to kingdom, battling contemporary superhero equivalents to the standard fantasy villains. I feel like it's a pretty novel concept. But again I am almost entirely unfamiliar with the character's background and usual antics.

>novel concept
user, that's trite as fuck.

ok, I can't say that I agree but I suppose I can better understand what you're seeking, and possibly what they were trying to accomplish back in the atomic steed days of the character.

If you say so, but is it really any more trite than the usual superhero trappings and allusions?

What's the actual character's deal anyway? The early version was a villain, right?

Sure, it's just my silly uninformed opinion. So what do you like about him? I find myself interested in learning and reading more.

Not that guy, but I really like the idea of heroes having multiple piece of kit that gets cycled through based on the story. Especially for guys like Black Knight who can't really conceal or wear their gear when going about their daily life.

On a side note I am not a fan of Faiza Hussain's knightly look. If anyone needs the modern/tech knightly look it is her.

That was a stealth mini, and it concluded months ago.

Shit taste, pham.

The variants have no bearing on who's going to be in the book, they're just there for people to waste money on them.

Sir Ystin is a better version with a far more interesting design.

>see that FosterThor is the Avenger for Alabama
>get bummed that we'll never get a comedy piece about a superhero in a sparsely populated state whose supervillains supervillains keep getting killed by gun owners before she can show up

He designed it so it would incapacitate living beings, but cut/smash through inorganic matter iirc. Yeah it sounds retarded I know

I adore the shit out of that leather jacket look. Old school knight but with a contemporary touch. Probably my favorite Marvel costume along with the original DnA Star-Lord

>mfw most underrated dc franchise

IT'S BEEN 3 YEARS GEOFF

In all fairness, it's probably for the best.

>Sir Ystin is better...

It's funny how wrong you are

It goes Justin > Ystina >>> Ystin

what happened to their ship

Guess it's too difficult finding a female name that rhymes with 'Shazam'

Stupid Marvel taking back the Captain Marvel name

the Atom

Green Lantern is all over the place man.

Best version of Black Knight, least used

>the "bomber jacket with Avengers logo overmedieval armor" look was fucking 10/10

I really like it too, but it's impractical as fuck to wear a bomber jacket on top of medieval chain mail armour.

Unless he ditched the actual armour underneath it and only wears, I dunno, kneed protectors on top of his trousers? I never saw him too often.

Ebony Blade was way better than the lightsaber tho. I remember he could will his sword to himself almost how Mjolnir can come back to Thor.

can have him out there styling on the other psychics. i kinda wish they would have paired him up with agent x to see how they would have paired as a counter to dp and cable

Fat Cobra is used every once in a while. Not too often though.

Fuck yeah, Tuck!

That's just Dirk from Dragon's Lair.

>Stupid Marvel taking back the Captain Marvel name
user, Marvel has had the Captain Marvel name for over 50 years now.

>not wanting a series about Hulkling getting thrown head first into the deep end of intergalactic politics with only Phyla to help him as he has no idea about what he's doing
>not wanting Phyla to have even less of an idea about what she's doing but being really good at faking it

Fat Cobra is one of those characters who would lose his charm if he appeared regularly, I think.

Eh, I'm not big on Hulkling. But I'd read it if Al Ewing wrote it. I'd fucking love to see what Ewing could do with Phyla.

Hulkling's problem is that he's had all of maybe two stories that weren't about Billy.

Isn't DC planning on bringing back the Milestone characters in their own universe?

Shodan?

Shazanna :^)

who's the artist?

Pasqual Ferry.

>Cronus
You go to hell, you go to hell and you die!