Oh snap

Oh snap.

What kind of psycho kills a guy because a guy has a mom with the same name?

That's what, the third time Marvel referenced this? Why are they so obsessed with it?

shots fired

lol'd

more like this thread

because it was a very silly thing to put into a movie that a lot of marvel writers were hoping would be good

It's a powerful emotional scene so Marvel tries to discredit it by turning it into a joke.

You know, just like people here turn things into memes when they don't know how to actually make an argument against something.

>DUDE WEED LMAO
>CURRENT YEAR!
etc.

Too soon, dude.
Two people have died and you're joking about it?

It's a powerful emotional scene run through the filter of an idiot who doesn't understand human emotions

All they had to do:
>"My mother!"
>"What are you talking about?"
>"He said he'd kill her! I don't care what happens to me, you have to save her!"

What they did:
>"MARTHA! SAVE MARTHA!"
>"MARTHA WHO? MARTHA WAYNE?"
>"NO!"
>"WHICH MARTHA?"
>"MY MARTHA!"
>"YOU HAVE A MARTHA?"
It's like something out of a Seinfeld episode

>It's a powerful emotional scene
jajaja

The way you wrote it sounds like a Seinfeld episode but that's not what happened.
What actually happened was Superman said the name of his mother which happened to be the name of Batman's mother, which triggered (not in the meme way) a flashback that forced Batman to reconsider his position and see the error of his ways. I liked the scene a lot even though there isn't a solid reason for Clark to say "Martha" and not "my mother".

Because the films are literally the only leg up they have on DC at the moment.

Build wall

>"BUT WHO'S ON MARTHA?"

Honestly the reason he says her name instead of Martha is because Bruce doesnt see Superman as a person raised on earth with a human mother and father.
He only sees Supes as the alien and he even takes shots at his alien parents. So why risk his mother's life by not telling him her full name.
the second martha line deserves some memes tho

>It's a powerful emotional scene so
nicely done

It may just be that scene crystalized my frustration with BVS Superman.

He gets innocent people killed because he's too stupid to consider the consequences.
He's a sulky baby who basically needs Lois to mother him to keep him from pouting all the time.
He gets a comically hypocritical rage boner against Batman
He constantly argues with his boss about going after the Batman story, ignoring all his actual assignments

And when he's about to die at the hands of a pissed off billionaire ubermensch, with his mother's life on the line... the only reason she gets saved is because of a coincidence like that, as opposed to effectively communicating the fact that his innocent mother is in danger

wotta maroon

this desu

Marvel's comic division is mad as fuck making these jokes. Never even saw BvS

I've seen so many of these threads that my mind can no longer properly intuit the name Martha and it immediately degrades into straight-up nonsense speak. I dread the possibility of meeting someone with the name.

Ho ho!

Well satired, my friends!

Just pretend you're got an accent and think of her as "Marta"

MARFPHA

companywars
It fuels both Marvel and Dc
they both won in the end

The funny part is that you don't realize that guy is actually a conceptual DC character who eventually evolved into Black Lightning, and not, in fact, a thinly veiled jab at Bendis' Luke Cage fandom

>Oh snap.

Tell that to Zod's neck.

Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

Not surprised that a Deadpool """writer""" doesn't get BvS. Maybe the lack of memes and generic hero cliches confused him.

I'm amused by your saltyness, the writer of that particular issue was a guest fill in, some guy named Scott Akerman from a show on Sup Forums, it makes sense that a guy like that wouldn't get a lot of anything, much less the """"""Depth""""""" of the Martha scene.

It's amazing to me how much that "Martha" Scene triggers you autists

I was just rereading this issue and honestly, I hate how they crafted domino in this issue, its like they turned her into this boxy-waistless version of herself and while she doesn't need to be massive breasted killer that she is in various DP series, I'd still like tall, skinny version where artist actually made her look human into of a black/gray oompa loompa

>her shoulders are wider than her hips
>woman

>doesn't get BvS.

Pretty much.

She should look like Agent Chase, but you know, with that cute dalmatian eye spot thing

Agent Chase, loli hunter!

>Honestly the reason he says her name instead of Martha is because Bruce doesnt see Superman as a person raised on earth with a human mother and father.

>Batman is literally cracking jokes about his mother not even 5 minutes prior

Because Marvel writers are petty.

I'm old enough to remember when Domino was a new character and Marvel just did not know what they were doing with her.
Honestly, at first they didn't even have a mutant power for her, the luck thing was basically an afterthought, and at one point they scrapped all her history and claimed that a shapeshifter had been impersonating her from the start, they had messed up that badly.
I don't even want to tell you how they dialed in her personality those first few years.

Hey, that short story was about agent CHANCE, a completely original character totally legally distinct from Agent Chase.

Sorry, my mistake.

for 20 years her personality was solely being Cable's gf

Is that Domino and is she still getting Steeled by Colossus?

Well based on the history, seems like they started and stopped like 5 versions of her character before they got something consistent.

I like the DP versions mostly because she is more stoic and uses more physical comedy like Wade Wilson's war she had far more of a distinctive personality that rhymed with the CB/DP version of her. The new Merc with Mouth iteration is in same vein.

The Uncanny-X version that just came out is a little too..nuMarvel

No she's either doing her own thing or leading DP's team. At least of the most recent 3 or so versions of her.

> powerful emotional scene
> powerful
> emotional
how pathetic are you?

>Honestly, at first they didn't even have a mutant power for her, the luck thing was basically an afterthought

Rob Liefeld was not good at mutant powers.
I don't think Cable had a power beyond a glowy eye until they figured out he was Nathan Christopher, which took a while.

>oh my god people have emotional responses to an artistic medium? lmao pathetic!

Kill yourself

What do you guys think about them selling her as an OCD case now?

where are you getting the ocd thing from?

Uncanny X-Men from the San-Fran era and then the story when they fucked over Osborn and moved to Utopia.
Then it's mentioned in an X-Force around that time too.

Uncanny X-Men from the San-Fran era and then the story when they fucked over Osborn and moved to Utopia.
Then it's mentioned in an X-Force around that time too.

For some reason I completely blanked that out. I mean in none of the new ones it didn't seem to be mentioned much then but characterization is never a bad thing.

I mean her default setting is like female punisher with ability to kill every motherfucker she gets close to.

I'm not sure I like telekinetics being the way her 'luck' works. That seems world breaking in a way DP's godmode healing doesn't even seem to.

At least Luck seems somewhat random basically just keeping her alive kind of stuff. If its subconscious it seems like she has more ability to control it instead of it guiding her.

Subconscious control? I just figured it was from asking "What are the odds?" one too many times.

who calls their mom by her first name?

But if you can control luck, it's more like fate or destiny, you know what I mean?

you realize literally everyone memed it

That and Marvel writers obsess about what DC is doing right and wrong in their movies and comics while DC writers don't give a shit about what Marvel does.

Except pretty much all of Marvels movies are forgettable tripe. At least BvS and MoS stand out a little, even if they do have retarded moments.

Superman was trying to tell Batman to save Martha Kent, "save mom" would have been more confusing.

>that map
subtle

What is the joke here? The writer described what happened in that shit BvS scene and???? I swear I've seen shittier memes making fun of that scene that were funnier than this and least try to be funny.

DC used to be lazy with names. Two-Face was originally "Harvey Kent".

>telekinetics being the way her 'luck' works
that's shit. Good thing I stopped reading this stuff years ago.
why didn't he say Martha Kent then?

Everyone that is an adult?

Comic writers always get into trouble when they start explaining the mechanics of a superpower.

Originally Scarlet Witch had bad luck creating "Hex Bolts", and that was her entire mutant power.
Then someone asked "how's that work?" and the next thing you know she's a wizard, Harry, and her mutant power is to alter all reality by controlling all magic everywhere and then they limit it to "Chaos Magic" and then they retcon that away and back because it just sounds dumb and ...

Domino has luck manipulation powers. Period. Simple.

I'm not so sure, my circle of friends and I are all around the 30 age mark and still refer to our Indavidual parents are 'Mom' and 'Dad'. Maybe calling your parents by their first name is some weird euro thing

I agree completely, it's like they didn't think her ability was OP enough, they needed to give her mental abilities if we add Cable and Deadpool to their recent 'definition' of her ability meaning her telekinetics are better than Cable's.

So her ability is some hybrid reality manipulating+telekinetics.

I mean she was already good at killing people in absurd ways, adding even more godmode seems overkill.

Nuh-uh, dude.

t. teen who desperately wants to be an adult

The only times you need to call your parents by their names is when you're introducing them to someone, or if they're the kind of strict asshole parents who also make you call them "sir" and "ma'am".

>some weird euro thing

Definitely not.

I sort of agree with the other user, I live in merica' and I wouldn't call my parents by anything other than basic nomenclature

like why would you refer to them as their first name unless you want to insult them or something.

Because her hud map wouldn't be made out of dominos

Here's one way to check if something is widely practiced not. Can you think of a book, movie, or TV show where people call their parents by their first name and it's treated as a normal and everyday part of a functional relationship?

Feels like you two would be better off directing your responses toward

What gave you guys the idea that I was defending the position of calling your parents by their names? I'm honestly asking because I've been up for 24 hours so I don't know whether I completely fucked up getting my point across or we're just getting our wires crossed.

As a non-brit European, the only time anyone calls their parents by their names(unless they're introducing them to someone) is when teens are too "grown-up" to call someone mom. And even then those teens are likely to get mocked by their peers for being so fucking stuffy.

Underrated post.

I have no clue, I was piling on to other guy saying its weird to call parents by their name. I think we're all a little too tired

It's 2 am here at the end of the world, we could all use a little sleep

Man of Murder is the worst part of the DCCU. Yes, even worse than the Joker.

Oh, you're from Siberia? I didn't know we had exiled KGB agents on Sup Forums!

you're a dork user, he's west coast u.s

I'm pretty sure it's like 10 am there right now. No, the end of the world is also called California

>that forced reference

At least work it in better. Deadpool did this so much better.

I feel bad for your mom.

My god, how can DC ever recover from this kindergartner level burn?

That's because it was a whole issue dedicated to the live actions, from Fox's X-men to DCEU

Deadpool really belongs in domino

aye

Being memorable shit isn't any better than being forgettable shit, since it'll only be remembered as shit.

Another future Wilson gonna pop up?

Does Domino have her own series?

she's become the lead in multiple series but I think her last name brand on cover thing was a mini?

Because since the 1970's, the big two have taken any potshot at each other they can.

Constant event shit in the 2000's didn't allow for it as much though.

Not another so much as the one that is separated from the demon whore.

Am I getting baited here? Black Lightning predates that joke by decades.

>they went in the theater in full costume that hides their faces
Not sure it'd be allowed 2bh

You know that most Marvel writers are fans of DC. Most of them, over the course of their career, will bounce back and forth. The vast majority of them don't bash the competition because that's the next place they will work.

They bashed that scene because it's fucking retarded, like the rest of the movie. Most Marvel writers wanted it to be good.
It was shit. I'm for you that you like it and you have to hear it get bagged on, but it is not a well received movie and that scene in particular is widely thought of as shit.

Here comes the retards.

This 100%. Anyone who disgarees is dishonest. Even Angry Joe who absolutely HATED BvS still thought it was an emotional scene.

There are people so in denial about this movie that they will say the visuals and music are bad. It's a denial of reality on par with tumblr's ideology.

I bet you also think that Death of The Family is deep.