Do you remember when Green Lantern got BTFO forever?

Do you remember when Green Lantern got BTFO forever?

Other urls found in this thread:

lawandthemultiverse.com/2012/12/07/green-lantern-76/
cbr.com/ten-goofiest-moments-in-green-lantern-76-85/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

To be honest that black dude is complaining to the most incompetent super in existance.
Two black dudes would do a better job for the black skins sake than two green lanterns.

He's gonna regret talkin' shit about the orange skins.

>hey Green Lantern, how come you use your power to solve problems throughout the galaxy like your job description says you should instead of giving me money?
Gee.

Is there a reason Hal's gloves are yellow besides printing error?

See how one glove is still white there, and then turns yellow? It's to signify his fears overcoming his willpower. Totally not a mistake.

GL is a traitor to the human race who works with an alien authority no one put in charge

And so John Stewart was created

I mean, what's he gonna do? Summon a giant green fist and punch racism in the face? I understand that this is from a time when that was an enormous issue, and that it was timely and current to write about it at that time. But ideas are fought with other ideas; society changes through the passage of time and new ideas or legislation. This isn't really in a jumpsuit-wearing space cop's job description, and it's just as unfair to pin a complex system's schisms on a single dude.

Then again, I'm dissecting a one-dimensional one-off character from a comic book about a guy with a magic ring. Perhaps the same sentiment lies with me as well for kerfuffing on about a piece of fiction.

>Fine, the next time Mongul wants to sink the east coast of North America, you can stop him.

We should give the black skins their own planet where they don't have to live with old whitey anymore

>Not fighting back against the yellow peril

>This was an incredibly powerful scene back when it was printed
>Nowadays it's just fuel for Sup Forums-tier WE shitposting

How times change...

>Who decided this?
>Some college fucks and a homeless guy

Having read the issue, it's actually even worse in context. Hal saw a guy under attack by a mob, so he saved him. But then everyone yelled and attacked Green Lantern, and then Green Arrow came in to tell him that the mob was right to attack that guy because he's a dirty slumlord trying to evict them and thus he deserves it.
So basically, because he saved a rich white guy that happened to be sleazy, which he had no way of knowing, that means he doesn't care about the black skins.

>Why don't you use your galactic-level powers to help stop lower-than-street-level injustices

Hal is the least retarded one in the group, there.

Why does that guy think that the life of a black skin is worth more than the lives of the blue, orange, and purple skins that Hal was also saving?

Or that Hal doesn't help the black skins by saving the planet they live on, minimum, three to five times a year.

>Konnichiwa Kuripito-chan!
>Oburibi desu!

>ALL lives matter.
T.Whitey

google "all lives matter racist" and you'll have your answer from dozens of sources.

Many BLM activists, white apologists, SJWs and the like feel that the phrase "all lives matter" undermines the importance of BLM and is therefore a hurtful, racist slogan. I'm dead serious.

I mean sure, we're grateful for him saving the world but a little involvement with the community wouldn't hurt.

And they're right.

I'm sure you're getting a lot of shitposting replies, but the black dude is basically saying "why are you going off to space to do shit when you have problems to fix in your own backyard". The problems being the very real social injustices (not the made up modern ones) happening at the time the comic was printed.

retard.

Other heroes can save the world easily.
What does Hal actually do to really help people?

>the phrase "all lives matter" undermines the importance of BLM.
I mean yeah, that's the entire point.

Even worse is that the issue claims that all the things the slumlord is doing are perfectly legal and thus the system is bad. Except that most of the things he was doing were in fact pretty illegal even back in the 70s. If Green Arrow had said "he's breaking the law but the cops and the courts don't care because they're in his pocket" it would be one thing, but he outright states that what the bad guy is doing is by the book in order to create a forced conflict over what is legal vs what is right.

GLs possess the most powerful weapon in the universe, and have access to the knowledge of the oldest sapient species in the universe. Fighting street level crime is a colossal waste of their time and resources.

BLM is a movement based around 'we have a problem with police brutality going unpunished in problem areas of the black community. here is the growing list of incidents'
retorting 'all lives matter' is basically saying 'on the list of things we need to do to accomplish world peace, we'll get to that last.' and doesn't even present any solutions. just 'stop whining about things that don't effect me'

Why yes, I do.

It wouldn't be a waste of time or resources because of how powerful GLs are. You can solve a lot of problems real quick using a power ring.

Man, it's gotta be a real kick in the balls to have Superman disappointed in you.

"Another thug got shot, better riot on the streets and burn shit down."

Earth ha 5 GL, they could easily do something without fear of wasting their "potential"

Maybe people would take BLM more seriously if the incidents they rose a stink about were legitimate cases of police brutality, instead of cases of play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

GLs patrol fractions of the entire fucking universe. If it's not a planetary level threat, Hal shouldn't even be getting out of bed, go bother Wildcat, or Batman.

>superman being judgemental of anyone
hypocrisy.

Some of those cases were legitimate examples of police brutality.

>Hal is not a real hero

glad we agree

Earth is literally the center of the DC universe, though. GLs will be drawn to it whether those blue degenerates order them or not.

Don't try to act like GL are anything more than space cops.

>you're a superhero... with power ALMOST on MY level
there's something about this line that reminds me of Tails gets trolled.

>some
There's your problem.

But the majority of them are examples of THUG LYFE, FUG DA BOLEEZ! Sorry, but I don't get too outraged when police magdump someone that runs at them screaming with a weapon in their hand. I just think, "What the fuck was your plan?"

Even if the victims were criminals that doesn't mean we let cops go unaccountable for their actions.

If the movement widened the net a bit for other groups, they might've been more successful. Now they're just really divisive.

"Another oil company wants to ruin yet another plot of untouched land, better not do anything about it"

Was this around that time he was a trucker for a toy company or something? Why did Bronze Age Hal lose control of his life?

>Some of hte people they shot deserved it
>So police should totally get away with literal murder.
>Even on the occasions where they shoot someone who was unequivocally innocent of any wrongdoings

Bootlicker.

he didn't write that though. maybe stop reading too much into it?

The problem is that even if there's just one example of police fatally shooting someone for literally no reason, that's one too much. Police should be held to the absolute highest standard.

The sad thing is that the riots and incidents of people retaliating against innocent police officers are just making cops MORE paranoid, so instances of people getting fatally shot by jumpy cops are just going to go up. It's a vicious cycle.

>>he didn't write that though
>innocent people are dying
>yeah, but a lot of non-innocent people are dying too
you're right, he didn't explicitly say that the police shouldn't get away with literal murder
he just didn't address it

just like the nations leaders do
which is why the BLM movement even exists
All lives matter, Blue lives matter, those are just reactionary to people who don't think that others should be as upset/should care as much as them
That's the reason why those movements are crap
Not because they stand for something, but because they exist to put others down

This is why things gets a little weird when you get too real with your superheroes. It's like a little kid with leukemia asking Reed Richards why he hasn't cured cancer yet. There's just no good answer, so you're either left with the fact that Reed can't be bothered, which ruins his character, or that be can't do it, which is retarded considering this guy builds portals to other dimensions with close pins and chewing gum.

>BLM marches chant slogans about killing cops
>black supremacist terrorists kills cops
>president tells cops it's their fault at funeral
Why would police ever want to advocate for themselves?

Anybody up for a storytime?

>There's just no good answer
Reed found the cure for cancer, he just refused to share it with the rest of the world.

Go to bed Victor.

That's not a good answer, user. Pay attention.

>how come you put your life on the line for literally trillions of people throughout the galaxy by constantly helping to prevent worldwide catastrophes, and yet you can't help us to stop smoking crack and leaving our children in fatherless homes
>answer me that, mr. green lantern!

>Oh yeah? You know who else did their job upholding the law? NAZIS

Jesus Christ Ollie

It's not like you can expect a space rapist to be an ethical paragon.

The Green Arrow is a violent Marxist.

>in4 the old black man defeats mongul

NEXT DARKSEID

It's the canon answer.

Yes, and?

Oh damn.

The end. Thanks for reading!

>ads mid page

That's fucking disgusting, almost as bad as shirt sponsors in soccer

No lives matter.

No I'm pretty sure it was just as retarded when it was first printed

My dad has a collected volume of all these on-the-road adventures, including the one where Green Arrow becomes possessed by a Native American vigilante ghost.

It's pretty great. I should find that again.

I dont have the pic but they referenced this somewhere where instead why not help the Black skin its why not help the purple skins.

Huh...I thought it was going to be a BLM comic, surprisingly vanilla in 'fuck corrupt fucks.'.

lawandthemultiverse.com/2012/12/07/green-lantern-76/

cbr.com/ten-goofiest-moments-in-green-lantern-76-85/

>including the one where Green Arrow becomes possessed by a Native American vigilante ghost.

Was that post-O'Neil/Adams? I only remember the one where he disguised himself as a ghost to stir the Natives into action.

In the cases were the 'victims' were criminals said 'victims' usually tried to pull a gun on the cop, or tried to physically assault the cop.

Grouping those cases side by side with the legitimate examples of police brutality towards people who had actually done nothing to warrant deadly force only waters down you're movement and makes you look like fools in the eyes of people who actually pay attention to what happened, and don't get hyped up one misrepresented events.

>Police should be held to the absolute highest standard.
Yeah because we should go from having understaffed departments to having terminally understaffed departments.

You realize that being a cop pays like shit, and gets you no respect in this day and age, in fact it gets you the opposite in a lot of places.

But yeah, lets make it even less appealing by holding them to "the highest standards"

Look. America is as big as mainland Europe on its own. Every single area that has people needs police officers. This will lead to accidents and mistakes no matter how well you try to train police. Having NO wrongful death in a system that large is statistically impossible.