ShitOTP Thread

Can you do worse than this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jtqgITheZmc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nope, yours is pretty bad.

Easy.

>tfw no alcoholic power hungry fascist couple Carol and Tony taking over the Marvel Universe
It would be great.

Nothing is worse than Helsa.

I am actually surprised that this one hasn't been posted already.

Any pairing where you have to make straight characters gay.

Also, Maleficent and her crown.

DickXDonna

Logan and Jean is pretty bad

>Can you do worse than this?
Carol/Tony/Alcohol

>WORST
Do I win an internet?

dude, fuck off.
it works in the show.
just because it's "NOT MUH SHIP" doesn't mean it's shit

Where can I read about this, or is it an edit?People just turn their brain off when they glance over it. because fuck supes and ww. Now Power Grill and WW i can get into.

No, it doesn't work. I know the bat family is fucked up. But you not fuck the closest thing you have to a best friend in GPD's daughter, who is also your adopted son's ex-girl. YOU DO NOT DO THAT SHIT. Gordon and Dick should curb stomp Bruce for doing that. Or at least punch him in the dick for that.

>Any pairing where you have to make straight characters gay.

FUCKING THIS.

If you have to completely change what the character is attracted to in the first place, your pairing is by principle, shit.

You also probably doesn't really give a fuck about the actual characterization and the work itself.

Good luck curb stomping batman. He would arest you and say''Have a nice day'' as he is sliding his penor in her while you rot in arham. Holy shit I might have come up with the ultimate cuckmaster, now we need batman to be black.

You have a fucking problem

>it's immoral so it shouldn't exist
fucking puritans

She miscarried so it is okay.

Lots of people like this pairing, like A LOT, but i hate it. Hate it. Bruce's supposed to die alone and bitter. He's a tragic character.

Also, fuck Batman dating or interacting with people with powers or outside Gotham.

I don't like it mostly because of what it does to Diana's character, a lot of times they make her into just a prize for Bruce or have her fawning over Batman because of how Dark and Mysterious he is.

You have shit taste in Batman characterization, to be honest. Its like people dont read anything from before 2000.

>a lot of times they make her into just a prize for Bruce or have her fawning over Batman because of how Dark and Mysterious he is.

How come a lot? It only happened in the cartoons, right?

I don't like this ship and hate that it's so popular. They both need new love interests (not counting the shitty Batgirl of Burnside ones) because the 'will they won't they' thing has gotten really fucking old.

Yeah, it only happened in the JLU cartoon but I was talking about a lot of fanworks showing it that way (it's not really canon in the comics much), since fanworks are the only place you usually see the pairing

Barbara had Jason Bard created sorely to be her husband before the Dick/Babs thing began. This is another thing you can pin down on Bruce Timm.

Ah, Bruce Timm, he's good at making cartoons but his taste in pairings is fucking abysmal

Fan work? You mean fanfics and things like that?

Now i'm remembering that in Joe Kelly's JLA, that Batman was in love with Wonder Woman, but that Wonder Woman was unsure and dumped his sorry ass. There's also that weird Elseworlds cross-over with Planetary where a version of both died protecting each other against Elijah Snow.

Yeah, fan work as anything created by fans/not by official writers, like fan comics and fanart

Dude has problems. He introduce Dick x Babs as college sweethearts all so he could later have Bruce x Babs in a forbidden romance while Dick x Selina go on a revenge tryst. Thank God the producers stopped the Dick x Selina thing. Can you imagine if that became a thing thanks to the cartoon popularity?

It would probably be a disaster tbqh, but with BtAS' influence on the comics, if the Dick x Selina thing had happened, it could have carried on into the comics to this day

I asked before i remembered a fanfic i've read about the pairing once, thanks to my ex-girlfriend influence - another reason for me to hate BM/WW. Thankfully Batman was suffering man and died in the one i read.

Right? That's what i'm talking. Imagine having a long arc written by Chuck Dixon where Dick starts creampying Catwoman to prove to Batman that he's a man. Dixon loved to have Dick ansgtying about Batman. This would fit like a glove.

Then you'd have a bunch of Dixonfags saying "I like Babs and Kory alright, but the best romance Dick ever had was with Catwoman. It really made him grow as a character. DC should bring it back."

Harley/Ivy post GOAT Harley & Ivy comics and GCS.
>muh polyamory!!!111
>Deadpoolette Harley fucking any man in sight
>Ivy with no personality and no purpose other than to pop up for a shower scene or some shit

Downward spiral.

The current Harley/Ivy relationship in the comics just remind me of those soul-crushing and sad lesbian relationships where you've this couple that never have sex with the lipstick lesbian one constantly fooling around with other people while the butch lesbian stays at home or just look depressed when they're out together.

>full head of hair blowing to the right
>sash is blowing to the left

Is this gal the one that was based on Quesada's daughter? Forgot her name.

Absolute shit ship that was created solely because they're both African and black

Charlie Cooper

What is the problem of Harley fucking any man in sight? Straight stuff is always superior than queershit, and I vy is a shit character anyway.

I miss this Marvel, the real Miss Marvel and Tony "White Man" Stark as Iron Man.

I loves this art, I love cheesecake.

I'm pretty sure the whole reason that tumblr ship this is because

>ERMAHGERD! THEY DRESSED THE SAME!

also don't forget because storm is the most famous woc in comics

>alone and bitter
fuck off this was awesome
and if you were a comics book fan you would understand that Batman was never alone

you are just a shitty movie/cartoon fan

Ivy wasn't shit previously, now she's useless. Same for the pairing, loved it but now I think that Harley has always worked better as The Joker's henchwoman/fucktoy/whatever.

Conner and Palmiotti should be gassed.

>you are just a shitty movie/cartoon fan

How can you say that when that shit came from the cartoons and it's now even in the upcoming movies? Make up your mind.

Romance also doesn't fit Batman. Only if it is a doomed romance that might leave him even more of a broken man. Fuck happy Batman and sappy romance shit.

NO!! if your read JLA 90 in 2000 I think (before the cartoon ) and wonder woman blackist night and more you wold understand it wasn't from the cartoon or the movie

I agree romance doesn't fit batman
but family friends and allies do
he have the biggest family in comics it's not perfect but they are real

batman deserve to be happy
he earn it
the built a family him self nobody give it to him or help him

>batman deserve to be happy

And that's why he shouldn't.

really didn't understand you ?? why !!
so superman can be happily marred
flash , green arrow ...... but he can't

>it works in the show
I agree if the show you mean is Batman of the Future. Otherwise it's still pretty shit. Too bad it hasn't been limited to that context.

Yes, precisely. Batman's a tragic character. He should be Suffering Man.

I'll even use something from the cartoons as an example. See:

youtube.com/watch?v=jtqgITheZmc

IT doesn't work !! not in the future ,elsworlds , even in fanfic ...

Babs is the whore who wants to fuck Bruce most of the time
Dick should really feel inadequate that he's not who she really wants
Gordon has known Bruce since he was a kid he'd be happy that the richest man in gotham is interested in his daughter

This, not because he should die alone, but the fact that Wonder Woman just doesn't really fit in with the Batman mythos (and she sucks anyway)

>youtube.com/watch?v=jtqgITheZmc
I almost fall for it but
it's bruce timm version it can't be used
in the comics (my Source of information ) batman's a symbol of hope and fear
hope for the good lost people and fear in the heart of the criminals
please read comics and stop relying on cartoon or movies

But even in the comics he should be a tragic figure. The only silver-lining that the people close to him, like his biological or adoptive sons, might live happier and more fulfilling lives. But himself? Shit-stick.

I think it depends on what you want to accomplish artistically. The fact that you're so upset about it is proof that it's effective for that purpose at least.

If you're saying that it's gross or inappropriate or even out of character, I might agree with you. But I think that the deployment of the relationship in the Batman of the Future accomplishes what it sets out to do. That's just my opinion, though. I get why someone might not like it and wouldn't really hold it against them for being soured on anything it's in. It's just a bridge too far for some folks and I respect that.

nightwing x batgirl
it's boooooooooring!

OK why do people keep misunderstanding me!

listen buddy please read BATMAN COMICS not a weird futures comics or shity comics

batman is tragic character who overcome his miserable early life and make a family whom he live ,fight and enjoy accompaniment

his Source happiness is justice and happy awesome family and friend

no you didn't

Took the word out my mouth

this

I kinda depends on the comics. Batman has meant a lot of things to a lot of people over the years. Speaking very broadly, being alone forever is a pretty good ideal for 1980s or 2000s Batman. It doesn't make much sense for 1960s Batman. Earth 2 Batman (the original one from 1939 to the 1950s or so) in fact did retire from superheroing, have a daughter, and become police commissioner in Gotham City. There were plenty of others to carry on defending the world, some old, some new. That doesn't seem as appropriate for the Batman from, for example, Bruce Wayne: Fugitive and War Games. Miserable loner Batman is a valid reading of the character.

>Earth 2 Batman (the original one from 1939 to the 1950s or so) in fact did retire from superheroing, have a daughter, and become police commissioner in Gotham City. There were plenty of others to carry on defending the world, some old, some new

Even OG Batman had a sad life.

Selina, his wife, was murdered, and their daughter became a vigilante like her father used to be to avenge her mother without ever knowing that her father and mother once were Batman and Catwoman. Then Bruce sacrificed himself to save the JSA by taking the very man that had killed Selina years ago, thus leaving his daughter all alone. Then there was the doomed romance between Helena and Dick, who was way too old for her.

Honestly Barbara and Bruce work really well together. There's not many women who would not only put up with his lifestyle as batman, but actually suit up and fight crime with him.

Bruce Wayne: Fugitive and War Games. Miserable loner Batman is a valid reading of the character.

than you should know that batman is not a loner
in Bruce Wayne: Fugitive he come back and reunited with his family agents the enemy

war game was the perfect batFAMILY arc where they stood together
the aftermath was sad but they pull together in the end in (nightwing,robin,detective comics and batgirl )

I really dig the relationship between Robin and Batgirl in the 1970s, but by the time he's Nightwing and especially by the time she's Oracle I feel like they can both do better. They've just drifted apart and their relationship isn't what it was. I guess it could work if they legitimately built something new in the context of the new lives they're each built for themselves, and a couple stories have tried and done some interesting things, but a lot of it just falls flat for me.

>I really dig the relationship between Robin and Batgirl in the 1970s

The only good thing about was the /ss/, since Batgirl was the mature older woman that made the teenager Robin confused and horny. So he'd put a bravado and act all knowledgeable and sleazy, but she'd take none of it and try to embarrass him by showing that he was young and inexperienced with her sexual teasing.

That was fun, sure, but the whole "long-time friends in love that keep getting separated by circumstances" that Dixon pushed in the 90's was boring as fuck.

Aquaman and anyone that's not Mera
Also
Hal Jordan and anyone that's not sinestro

That's all true, of course. As long as a character continues to appear in print, he's going to have an interesting life. I was just saying that he can be in a successful relationship in the same way as Green Arrow.

That's true. Batman has for for the great bulk of his existence been about building relationships and family, at least in part. But look at the timing here. He finishes up Fugitive in, what, 2003 or so? Oh, I'm glad that period of Batman is over. They really put the family through the ringer, but they came out the other side stronger. It's good to have some character development and have Batman stop being such a weird loner like in this and Harvest Breed.

Then they go straight into War Games.

Yeah, these are stories that test the family and they get through it and that's the point, but they were so unrelenting and Batman showed no signs of learning any lasting lessons from any of it that it got tiresome. We've kinda come back around to a balance now, but the theme of Batman being exaggeratedly miserable and isolated from his vast supporting cast was and remains a popular theme. Like I said, he needs an interesting life as long as he's in the stories. It's a foregone conclusion that he'll triumph, but what will that victory look like? What will it cost him? How will it disrupt the status quo? What is the status quo? Batman as a perpetually suffering figure does have a strong grounding, even if it is not completely palatable and clearly not absolute.

>Then they go straight into War Games.
I meant War Drums, of course.

I don't agree that teasing dynamic was the only thing that was good, but I did like that. More than that, though, I liked how young they felt and how they really seemed to like each other.

>the whole "long-time friends in love that keep getting separated by circumstances" that Dixon pushed in the 90's was boring as fuck.

That was kind of what I was trying to get at, yeah. That relationship just doesn't work for me. Like, I buy that they're friends, but not much more than that. It's dull and it rings false to me.

AMEN TO THAT !!
finally someone who get it
interesting life ---> yes
being exaggeratedly miserable and isolated from his vast supporting cast was and remains a popular theme--->f@#k no

batman life have (happiness ,saddens , mystery......)

PLEASE PEOPLE READ COMICS .

after the infinite crisis they show how the family came together solve the Complexities between them

HELL YEAH

>Charlie Cooper
>Quesada's daughter
Why in god's name do people do this in comics where they don't own the characters? WHY?! If they are lucky they will be quickly forgotten. But the worst thing is that the character goes to another writer that hates your guts or stuff and will literally put that character though a blender. Any comic writer that puts a person they know in a comic for DC/Marvel are total dicks.

>oracle at the front of the line
>starfire with that bag of cash and that look on her face
This pics always worth a good kek

The main problem with Harley&Ivy is that the current writers of her solo just user them as fetish bait and queerbaiting (for some folks) and that limit the potential of the pairing.

Some people can say that Harley&Ivy don't work as a couple because it ruines either Harley character or Ivy character, but let's take Bombshells for example, it's not a great book for some it's below the standard but let's take that, as you can see in the pictures Ivy didn't lose her character by being Harley's confirmed girlfriend, she's still that fiery, fighter, man-hanting character that we all know and love but this time her relationship with Harley is beyond subtext and winks. So yeah, the pairing can work without ruining either character but for that to happen it needs writers that think beyond the subtexts and winks and actually works towards that like in Bombshells

Pic relate. BBrae is absolute "hurr durr they argue that means they like each other!!! opposites attract!!!" tier shit. In TTG it's canon but aside from that the ship has always been awful and has never made a lick of sense.

Every popular Deadpool ship, whether it's canon or just a fandom thing, is fucking terrible (save for MCU Wade/Vanessa and Wade/Death maybe) because they never ever give Wade anyone who would genuinely treat him well.
You know a character's really got the short end of the stick when most people ship him with a straight guy who hates him who needs 5 metric fucktons of fanon asspulling to make it believable. Or there's fucking Cable who is more believable with Wade (more believable than fucking Spideypool, at least they're good friends) but needs 5 metric fucktons of fanon asspulling to look over the fact that he was a manipulative asshole to Wade in Cable and Deadpool.

Say what you will about Slott, but he got rid of Carlie Cooper forever.

>BBrae
Rebirth's actually trying to top that one

>Rebirth
You mean the DCAU.
In Rebirth she's being paired up with this asian chick

Pretty much any Natasha ship that isnt with Matt/Bucky/Clint.

BruceNat
TonyNat
Romanogers
LokiNat
All shit.

Any relationship writers might throw Batman in.

Batman, thanks to all the Robins and Batgirls, is like a dad. Nobody wants to see a father figure locking lips with random women. It's just icky.

That's why i like Scott Snyder's Batman a lot. He's pretty much an asexual dad.

>not having a father/daughter fetish
get out

>huuuur these characters interacted
>so they OBVIOUSLY want to fuck

You are cancer.

>Deadpool
>MCU

Haha, you retards never learn.

That's New52.
Now Obsolete52.
Or Screw 52, Time To Rewrite Everything Again.

Will have to wait until the Rebirth TT series goes further if any new ships set sail...though after needing to find a new artist when Meyers bolted after the first issue isn't very reassuring.

Well, ships where you have to aggressively both ignore and twist canon, including changing the character's sexual orientation and pretending canon partners don't exist are pretty shit imo

dude, this is an ongoing.
this is clearly happening post-Rebirth.
she acknowledged Tim's death in the first issue

she wouldn't obsess about her like she did if there weren't any feelings.
plus they almost kissed in the last issue

No it doesn't really work in the show

Timm just wanted to get his rocks off because he likes young women begging older men and the older men rejecting them until finally giving in

Like Timm claims he likes Bruce/Barbara because of the Batman 66 show and then doesn't even bother writing it even close to the same
TKJ and the Selina/Dick thing he wanted makes it more clear he just wants taboo shit and has a platform to actually push his shit

Overwatch
Frozen
What else?

X-Men cinematic universe then, there, are you happy you autistic fuck?

>doesn't know basic facts that even a good chunk of normalfags know
>gets upset when someone points this out on a hobby board, where the username should know by virtue of exposure and interest

There's no such thing as the X-Men Cinematic Universe either. Educate yourself, fuckwit.

See I think it works in else-worlds that explore a more distant future or a more unified story.

But in main cont, it fails because they are restrained by being different titular characters.

I agree its a shit ship, but not for those reasons.

Batman would be better off with a "lois" someone entirely normal to keep him grounded and remind him of being Bruce, not a "work" friend. And from a writers point of view, pairing batman with anyone who is to powerful is a bad idea.

>See I think it works in else-worlds that explore a more distant future or a more unified story.

The only "good" Elseworlds with SM/WW is Kingdom Come, and even in that the SM/WW romance is terrible.

The problem with SM/WW is DC only explores the "Gods Among Us" angle with the couple. Superman and Wonder Woman are the most powerful and respected heroes on Earth, they're both immortal and they both share matching outfits. So the story is about how they "should" be together for those reasons, with an added drama of Superman grieving Lois eternally or Wonder Woman going all Lady Macbeth on his ass, or both.

>Batman would be better off with a "lois" someone entirely normal to keep him grounded and remind
him of being Bruce

It never works. Normal women either get scared by his life style and leave him, get tired of being worried about him or themselves and leave him, or they're killed by villains.