Hi /co

Hi /co,

[TLDR] New comic collector here. Blind bought pic related. Did I do good? [/TLDR]

New to comics. I read a bunch of marvel stuff before based on comicbookherald's guides. It was fun, but the crossover stuff is overboard, and I won't be bothered to buy every character comics every week/month.

I'm currently collecting Manifest Destiny, Chew, Black Science and Marvel's Darth Vader, all very good :) I also started Rai, but I stopped since I find the story meh...

Please ignore The Cat in The Hat. While it is a classic, I just added it to have a nice 2x4 table :)

Other urls found in this thread:

comraderecs.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

get Green Eggs and Ham

You really like RIck Remender's writing, don't you

>comic collector
>Blind bought
Hi, cancer.

Gotta start somewhere friend, I already mentioned I'm new! Don't hate!
You never try random new stuff? I'm sad for you, but if you're happy, then so am I!
oh wait! This is Sup Forums! Maybe I should just call you an autistic cunt! Whatever, choose your response :^)

Don't really know him, I have 2 comics by him? I went instinct and the comic book guy's recommendations.

I've got the whole Dr. Seuss collection already! But thanks for the recommendation.

Any read any of those?

>!
Oh, it's you Chetan. Still trying to find out how to pirate?

Nope.

Prophet is great. Lazarus and East of West is pretty good. Monstress is okay I guess. Pretty Deadly is weird and not really my thing. I'm not a fan of Remender. Dr. Seuss is neat stuff.

Since you got stuff from Image you might as well try Stray Bullets.

>Imagay
Don't forget to buy Island.

Thank you Anons for your response :)
Which are your favorite series? What would you recommend to a newfag?

Is /co really that abrasive to newfriends? You don't even have a sticky to guide us :(

>Is /co really that abrasive to newfriends?
No, only to those who are clearly underaged.

comraderecs.tumblr.com/

But I like Island

Nice! Thanks!

>Newfag
>No Marvel or DC

Are you hipster or something?

Looks pretty good to me. Also, Manifest Destiny is fucking awesome. Off the top of my head, I'd recommend Velvet, Witch Doctor and Tom King's Omega Men.
Plus, if you're into sci-fi, 2000AD is always a good choice. Judge Dredd, Strontium Dog, Rogue Trooper, The Ballad of Halo Jones, ABC Warriors, Nemesis the Warlock, Shakara...

Don't worry, he's a collector; quality isn't important for him.

>New to comics. I read a bunch of marvel stuff before based on comicbookherald's guides.
I read quite a lot of Marvel on tablet before (secret wars, Captain america, X-men, infinity war, Planet and World War Hulk, Civil war, etc.) I gorged on it and got bored. Cape shit is fun for a while, but as I said, I'm tired of all the crossover stuff.
As mentioned before, I'm new, and asking what's good

Damn, /co why are you so hard on newfags? Did one touch you somewhere when you were young or something?

Thanks man! :)

>I'm so new that I buy before reading

>Damn, /co why are you so hard on newfags?
'
This is nothing compared to Sup Forums, grow a fucking spine

Just used to other boards, that's all. Never really been to /a...

Oh well, too bad, I guess I shouldn't expect much more from a latvian macrame enthusiast image board.

Still, Thanks to all the Anons that responded.

>Just used to other boards
You mean you're from /lgbt/?

Prophet is my favorite comic on there. If you end up liking Prophet, I recommend:

>by the same author
King City

>by the same artists
Habitat
The Wrenchies
Old City Blues

>space shit that provided inspiration
The Incal
The Metabarons

>land shit that provided inspiration
Conan the Barbarian (by Roy Thomas)

Prophet is A+ material so good job there.
Low wasn't really my thing, and Tokyo Ghost reminds me a lot of punk rock Jesus in the bad ways. Murphy is a dope artist but he is cursed or something.

Haven't read East of West but I hear it's good. Pretty Deadly is one I really like but not liking it is totally understandable, the way it's written is more like a folk fairy tale you tell your kid before bed than your average comic

I hear monstress is good. I don't like the art in Lazarus

>/co
>/a

Lurk moar, you entitled cunt.

>>space shit that provided inspiration
>The Incal
>The Metabarons

Yeah! I love Jodorowsky, I read some of his other stuff too (haven't seen any of his movies though, but I heard they're quite a plate to ingest). The guy is crazy, but it works for him!
Did you see the documentary "Jodorowsky's Dune"?

I've quite a lot of euroshit when I was younger. Corto Maltese and Lanfeust de Troy are pretty good (along with all the other classics).

Thanks!

Yeah, /co can be a bit elitistautist, but we're a good bunch overall.

It could be worst, try asking for sorting on /a or /b

>/a
>/a
Hmmmm...

Note that the links on this don't work anymore, but the images are still there. Type the name of the character, genre, or whatever list it is you want into the search bar to find them.