Remember Grant Morrison's Multiversity?

Remember Grant Morrison's Multiversity?
Remember reading Ultra Comics #1, the supposed cursed comic? That talked of memetic engineering, hinted at the gentry invading our own earth?

It didn't seem like it affected anything at the time, but recent events have me thinking twice... what have we unleashed, Sup Forums?
Hypercrisis general, I guess.

Recent events?

Trump and other general instances of memes seeping into reality.

He understood the power of memes

Praise kek
Death to cucks

My Amazon order for the Multiversity collection finally got updated. It'll be nice to read the whole thing.

grants big thing is sigil magic, and really whats the fuckin difference between sigils and memes when you really think about it

Absolutely nothing.
Meme magic IS sigil magic. As the election proved, sometimes people themselves are the memes and the sigils.

exactly bro. morrison is bringing the DC universe to life. people are crossing over from a DCU to ours even, batmen are popping up. shit's getting weird.

Did it only just now get released in paperback? Damn.

the hardcover deluxe has been out for like a year.

GRANT MORRISON PROMISED ME A PONY

WHERE IS THE FUCKING PONY, MORRISON

The multiverse is already alive. We are Earth-33.

i disagree, there was some loon talking about how he thinks we arent earth 33 a while ago and it made a lot of sense based on my experiences, but that we're the earth above earth zero when you look on the map.

shut up ultra comics! trying to get people to read your shitty pages...

Earth-14? Until we learn more about how that universe works, then I'm going to stick with Earth-33.

Which is to say, I still want off of Earth-33. Take me to Earth-26 or something, please.

Are you talking about the Haley user?

This map stopped making sense months ago, and if we're the Earth above E-0 then what the fuck is up with that shaky border as if it's going to split in two?

If Morrison really turns out to be a wizard I don't even know what I'll do.

It wasn't elaborated upon in the series proper, but Earth-14 is supposedly the origin point of new universes as they enter the Multiverse.

Drop me off at Earth-47 please.

SO this map, is there a true new genesis and apokolips?

I'm assuming the darkseid of Final crisis was the true darkseid.

The idea is that the Sphere of the Gods encompass the Multiverse and those who are native to the Sphere are able to visit the universes and take up alternate forms within each universe.

For example, you have Darkseid in Earth-0, the evil hippie Doc Syde on Earth-47, and Duckseid on Earth-26. All would be branches or offshoots of the primary Darkseid who exists in the Sphere, but ultimately they would be the same person.

I'm not sure if it's the case that the Darkseid of the Sphere of the Gods is the Darkseid we see in Final Crisis, but given the bodiless and multi-dimensional form, it could easily be the case.

surrender.

Don't blame me.

I bought/burned my copy having never touched/read it.

Fool! You were supposed to read it, close it and never look back!

First metahumans will appear as elite soldiers in WW3.

think of it like jungian archetypes. there is the idea of darkseid in the sphere of the gods, and there are representations in each universe

the map cant make sense, as its a 2 dimensional representation of the fourth dimension, so theres no real way to show how it really is. and in regards to us being earth 14/ the double earth, considering the stories are "written" on our earth, who's to say this isnt where they enter the multiverse, ya dig

Why are they ducks?

I still have my second untouched copy in a shoebox in the back of my closet.

You've lost me.
Open it, and receive a free Intellectron action figure! With real eye-blinking and wing-flapping action! Press the button his back to hear one of his classic catchphrases like "YU ARE MINE" and "WE WANT YU 2 DIE"

which part lost you, its really just a silly little theory i have but im happy to talk about it

The map is a two-dimensional representation of our four-dimensional multiverse, yes, but it doesn't mean it doesn't make sense. You just have to keep in mind that all of the Earths occupy the same space, but are only accessible through differing vibrational wavelengths.

And while stories are created on Earth-33, it doesn't necessarily mean they are actual universes in our multiverse. For one, Multiversity showed that there are several multiverses. Two, our Earth being responsible for the entirety of the multiverse would imply that every non-canon story becomes its own universe, and thus we'd have to deal with a planet for every Elseworld, including the crappy ones.