What happend to the American dream?

What happend to the American dream?

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/features/2016-zack-snyder-profile/
craveonline.com/site/515353-exclusive-interview-deborah-snyder-talks-man-of-steel-and-easter-eggs#!
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Whatever happened to Saturday night?

It was lost in a pretentious flood of bluish filters and lens flares.

Dumbest line in the whole movie.

Is it hard being stupid?

Alan Moore tried to kill it. He failed.

Is it really that much better in the comic?

>Is it really that much better in the comic?
No, it's not.
But Snyder hating is a big meme right now.

>you're stupid if you don't like hacky-sack's watchmen

Nice bizarro logic, guy.

It's not the Snyder aspect, it's the fact Moore wrote that in the first place. It had no meaning and was just meant to sound cool.

If you don't like Snyder you have a mental illness.

So not liking a guy who doesn't understand tone and is embarrassed of the movies he makes is a meme now?

It came true

>embarrassed of the movies he makes
He said that? Source?

Will the United States of America still be a thing in the year 2584?

Of course not. They don't have any real arguments so they can only make up lies or take quotes out of context worse than a liberal reporter trying to badmouth Trump.

"I couldn't make a scene work with costumes on so I had to do it without costumes" to them means "SNYDER HATES COSTUMED HEROES" just like "I won't take a salary as president" means "TRUMP HATES AMERICA." See the resemblance?

>doesn't understand tone
wew lad
Snyder hating is so fucking pathetic.

>"You could call it "high-brow" comics, but to me, that comic book was just pretty sexy! I had a buddy who tried getting me into "normal" comic books, but I was all like, "No one is having sex or killing each other. This isn’t really doing it for me." I was a little broken, that way. So when Watchmen came along, I was, "This is more my scene."

I SAID

You do realize that he just said that he liked Watchmen in that quote right? Looks like the bot is broken. Using wrong quotes in erong situations.

His understanding of the Watchmen books was that it was "sexy". When you read the quintessential deconstruction of a genre and all you can think is "damn that's sexy" I'd say you have a problem with grasping tone. I'd also say that he's pretty embarrassed of "normal" comics because of the lack of that edginess that he loves so much.

>"I kinda came to the conclusion also that they couldn't really talk in their suits, um, with any credibility..."

>"... more than 4 or 5 lines and you start to notice, like wait, these are two guys ... one guys dressed up like a bat and the other has a big red 'S' on his chest, and they're being super serious about how mad they are at each other..."

>"I didn't feel the need to explain how Lex figured out Batman and Superman's secret identities because the concept of secret identities is ridiculous."

Guy hates capeshit and finds it embarrassing.

Seems like you're more mad at the way he used "sexy." Plus, he was just an edgy kid. A lot of kids are edgy; that's where the edgy teenager meme comes from. Obviously he outgrew it and read a bunch of other comics later.

I doubt it will be a thing by 2084 at this rate.

See
Predictable.

He likes it for the wrong reasons.
And it shows in the work. His version of the Watchmen characters are too cool and not fucked up enough. The fact that he ended up creating a bunch of Rorschach fans is proof something went fundamentally wrong.

which illness?

>He likes it for the wrong reasons.
Not user, but you can't really like something for wrong reasons.
Missinterpreting the intentions of the creator yes, but if you like it you like it.

Usually autism because they can't tell emotions apart but sometimes retardation for not being able to understand scenes and also OCD for "not muh" (but it's okay when Marvel does it for some reason).

very interesting, thank you.

Somehow most other directors have no problem with characters talking in costumes or secret identities.

>makes daily threads defending snyder's films
>overly vocal and upset that nobody likes snyder and refuses to circle jerk over his films
>pretends to ignore all evidence to the contrary and pretend that snyders an actual fan of comic books because he makes movies featuring their characters.

That's right, junior. It's the Snyder haters who are the autistic ones here.

He got INTO it for the wrong reasons (if that is even possible). But the truth is, Snyder has a better understanding of it than most people give him credit for. Truth is, Watchmen isn't this iconic masterpiece, it's just a "fun" mindless comic. Moore failed to do what he wanted, basically. Even then, Snyder gives it more respect than it deserves. Go listen to the director's commentary if you don't believe me. You can also learn about how great of a director Snyder is from that too because he actually talks about some of the techniques he does.

On the subject of Rorschach, that's really Alan Moore's fault for creating a Dumbing of Age-esque strawman that actually has more right than the others. Justice is important, but his methods are wrong. Isn't he based on Mr. A?

Jack and Stan thought secret identities were stupid too. The FF don't have them.

and yet he managed to create the greatest superhero movie ever made with his "understanding" of a frankly overrated story.

It's not that obvious.

They also created characters with secret identities.

>that actually has more right than the others.
Black and white dichotomies are inherently unrealistic and impossible to work.

And he's based on The Question.

>Watchmen isn't this iconic masterpiece

The rest of the comic book reading world disagrees with you my contrarian friend.

This post explains a lot about the Snyder defense force. It's no wonder they don't have a problem with his movies. They understand the genre just as well as he does.

Rorshack fans have existed since the first fucking issue of the comic.
The comic is merely a pessimistic super hero story, that is ashamed of what it is; it isn't any kind of deconstruction, at all.
Way crazier shit than three term nixon has happened with alternate universes in mainstreram comics- like the Serpent Crown shit in the Avengers.
Ozzy is like one step away from Hank Pym.
The fact that Snyder turned it into a straight up Bronze age cape story with only a few very minor changes shows that it is not so different as everyone says.
I prefer the movie.

>The rest of the comic book reading world disagrees with you my contrarian friend.
Yeah but ad populum isn't a legitimate argument. They also think Killing Joke and Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow are good, iconic stories but they aren't. Sure a lot of people will get mad at me for saying that but it's true, especially Whatever Happened. Read it again and find out that it's another generic Moore story sans rape.

You know who DOES write good stories? Jack Kirby. Yet people hated him for changing a beloved person's character. Remind you of someone?

Truly, only the most scholarly of gentlemen can understand cape comics.
With whom did you study, user?
Did you take a minor in Dungeons and Dragons?

>killing joke and whatever happened to the man of tomorrow
>not iconic

>people hated jack kirby

W E W
E
W

L A D
A
D

Your post doesn't even ironically make sense.

I guess. You'd have to infer it if you're just watching his movies or you could listen to his interviews. It might not be something that's SUPER blatantly clear, but it's there if you pay enough attention.

Of course he's flawed, but his penchance for justice is still admirable. Also it looks like he was based on both Mr. A and Question. Mr. A also had the black and white morality thing (admittedly I haven't read much of his stories but I think he's a cool character.)

I had this interesting thought experiment. Imagine if Watchmen had been done with the characters Moore originally wanted them to be done with. Would it have been as successful or would he be hated for ruining beloved characters? I think the latter, but then again Moore's illusions and tricks were enough to fool Superman fans into liking "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow."

Not that user, but Killing Joke is pure shit.
Entry level shit at that and beloved of 14 year old boys the world over.

>people hated jack kirby

Well, well, well. Looks like someone didn't read the letters! Jimmy Olsen's Pen Pals is an important part of the comic that shouldn't be skipped. We can learn a lot about history by seeing what the fans thought at the time.

Danm, I wish those were in the omnis.

You just don't have an understanding of its genre.

Housing prices inflated because people are retarded, wages stagnated because people are stupid

So the dream of everyone owning their own home has become increasingly just a dream

Wow gee that's too bad. I'm glad the place I downloaded it from contained them. They are very informative; I would have never known that some people didn't like Jack Kirby's stories and treatment of the characters beforehand.

It's so funny how people haven't changed much from back then and today.

Bump

oh he dead

Shade the changing man kicked his ass

>poor people unironically vote republicans

Well, it used to be that you could genuinely become a self-made success; but then it became practically impossible with very few examples of people ever significantly altering the social strata they inhabited from the one in which they were born.

On the other hand, you just elected a guy rich enough, if he chose to do so, to give the same $1m startup his father gave him to every living American and still be a billionaire himself.

So maybe he'll do that, betting that his gift will create enough success stories that America will be filled with more real-terms billionaires than any other nation for centuries to come. Note that it wouldn't be a loan - there was never any question that his own father expected him to pay back that $1m, or evidence that he ever did.

Or maybe he'll just milk the federal government for as much as he can, appoint his kids to government roles which they're unqualified for by experience or training, and run everything into the ground while blaming anybody else, probably the grasping poor, since most of them didn't vote for him and he genuinely believes Romney's 47% speech.

And that will become the new dream.

would rorschach have voted for trump

>talking shit about killing joke because it appeals to 14yo
>thinks snyder is a great director

there you go

>Moore's illusions and tricks

So he really is a wizard?

It failed for pretty much the same reason Communism failed, ironically.

>What happend to the American dream?
What happend to the American dream? It came true. You're lookin' at it.

Daddeh.
;_;

>(If our mail is any indication, Greg, you're in the minority-by a big margin. So great has been the response to Jarring Jack's Jimmy that he's now taken over as editor of the mag-E.N.B.)

Oh, man. All that vitriol leveled at him by a single writer in a letters column. How did Jack survive?

Same way Zack survived.

IT CAME TRUE, YOUR LOOKING AT IT

>Same way
Jack was having his wife get him comic book work?.

Don't ever compare the King to that hack.

>What happend to the American dream? It came true. You're lookin' at it.

>implying mouseketeers like Kirby

what happened to the 'e' in happened?

>mouseketeer

There ya go, kiddo. Keep drawing lines in the sand. It'll make it easier for you to keep track of where your contrarian loyalties lie.

Deborah tried to convince Zack not to do Man of Steel but got wrecked by his argumentation.

Try again. And this time, don't try to rewrite history against someone who is knowledgeable. 12 million Jews right?

This is you.

>Deborah tried to convince Zack not to do Man of Steel
Dumb bitch.

They don't even know who Kirby is.

I remember that Rick remender himself mentioned that the name of Kirby is still taboo at Marvel. Ralph Macchio's influence, he said.

you know, I'm impressed by how unretarded his mask looks here.
There's something about the way exposed mouth/lower face masks often look in superhero moves like the Batman films, that make the character's face look stupid, but it actually looks OK here.
Still, could just be the angle this screenshot's taken from

Member when the Democrats were the party of the working class?

>Deborah tried to convince Zack not to do Man of Steel

[Citation Needed]

Why would he be taboo?
He's The One Above All for crap's sake.

... He's still the One Above All, right?

Zack won't do any movies after JL, and almost all of his power over the franchine,, to people who know how to writte a story.

Not as long as Stan lives.

it died

>It had no meaning except to sound cool
Are you dumb?

>It's not Snyder.... It's the original comic that was bad
This is your average Snyderfag.

>snyderfag samefaging the entire thread.

This guy is fucking patethic.

Hot patootie.

No, it's just because visuals are all Zach is good for

Zack is like Batman. He's good at everything but the very best at one thing. For Zack it's visuals, for Batman it's being the world's greatest detective.

>He's good at everything but the very best at one thing.

Why nobody likes his shit them? Not liked critics, or audiences, or fans of the works that he adapt.

Also Sucker Punch, HIS original work, is fucking horrible.

I dare say that user might be trolling

Snyderfag actually think that Snyder is the new Kirby tho.

Sorry it took so long, I've got tons of Snyder interviews. Found it:

bloomberg.com/features/2016-zack-snyder-profile/
>“I said to Zack, ‘I just think this is the biggest mistake,’” she recalls. Ultimately, the Snyders signed on, Zack as director and Deborah as a producer.

>inb4 "she was right ecks dee"

While looking for it I found another one where she says that Zack tried his hardest to get the trunks in but the execs didn't let him. It's amazing that he tried his hardest with ridiculous odds against him. I used to compare it to Batman Beyond but it's even more than that. He also added in the scene at the end with kid Clark and the cape while Pa Kent is at the car. Pretty baller if you ask me.

Here's that interview:
craveonline.com/site/515353-exclusive-interview-deborah-snyder-talks-man-of-steel-and-easter-eggs#!

>‘I just think this is the biggest mistake

>and it was.

Poor girl.

The brand is more demaged than Joker.

>Why nobody likes his shit them? Not liked critics, or audiences, or fans of the works that he adapt.
I like his stuff, and many others like me. Just because the people who don't are more vocal means nothing.

>Also Sucker Punch, HIS original work, is fucking horrible.
I haven't seen it so I can't judge it yet sorry. I haven't seen it because it's not a genre that pertains to me, kind of like why I didn't see 300. I might see it anyway to see what the problem is. The premise does seem kind of dumb though.

How new are you guys? I've been saying this for a long time now. You have to stop the "anyone who disagrees with me is trolling" mentality. It's kind of disconcerting how people can't even accept that someone could think differently.

Called it. She was wrong though; MoS is one of the best superhero movies. Top 5 easily.

Doesn't sound like she was trying to convince him to not do it as much as she was just giving her opinion of the project.

Kid, you have been sucking Snyder's cock for weeks. Are you being actually payed to shill here?

It is getting patethic, everybody recognizes you now.

It was mediocre at it's best moments and sacrilegious at it's worst.

Why would I be paid to defend something I like? You, on the other hand. Why would you waste time attacking something you DON'T like unless you're paid for it? Or are you just autistic?

how was it, in anyway, sacrilegious?

Movies are a visual medium. Saying "all he's good for is visuals" about a director like it's some kind of sick burn is beyond retarded.

The Marvel movies are seriously filmed like a TV sitcom unless it's an all-cgi scene. They're churned-out pieces of garbage that repeat the same basic plot beats and characterization over and over. They've realized most people are really stupid and will believe the movie they're watching is really fresh and fun if you just tell them it is and as long as the action is somewhere vaguely in the frame you're good to go.

Snyder makes honest-to-god movies with a real personality and style that's his own. Honestly I've even come to appreciate David Goyer's writing a lot more in the last couple of years. Yeah a lot of his scripts are corny but they hit harder than QUIP QUIP, DRAMATIC PAUSE, QUIP. How many lines from a Marvel movie have turned into memes?

Hell, the fact Snyder gets so much hate (especially from the self-identified nerd crowd) is a testament that he's actually creating something with personality and life and not a plastic McBurger movie.