CGI movies

youtu.be/vbMQfaG6lo8
When did CGI get this good?
This looks ten times better than any movie I've seen, can't tell me that they have more budget than Disney or Dreamworks.

How is this THAT good? Why can't our movies look like this?

This is just a lot of devoted people working on something they absolutely love.

It looks fantastic, by the way.

so what Those few people are able to completely outclass the industry because they like Zelda? It can't be that simple

It's less than 5 minutes.

You can do amazing things with animation in just a few minutes. But creating that animation doesn't take minutes. It takes months and months of hard work. It's a whole other story when you need to produce hours of content in a short amount of time.

Your expectations are simply too high.

So was Megamind

Well sheeeeit.

That was good.

and what? major studios don't have months and budgets?

What? No, Megamind was a full length movie about 90 minutes. The hell are you talking about?

Its a 4 and a half minute short using real locations as opposed to a 90 minute blockbuster.
Only 90 minute animated blockbusters you get these days are kids films which typically are fully animated and are more stylised.

Basically, as we have known for decades, Hollywood doesn't like taking risks.

They do. But guess what? 90 to 120 minutes is a lot more than 5 minutes.

This was in production longer than most movie time restraints and produced 1/20th of what they do. You're really making a stronger argument about how inefficient this video was and how it really should have been better given how much work was put into it.

okay and still the proportion is off. I'm sure this little rinky dink studio didn't spend a million on this, let alone the 80 million a major disney release will cost

Something you learn in any industry is that all projects are limited in quality, scope, and vision due to budgetary and time constraints. Resources, be it time or money, are a limiting factor for art, construction, etc. Half of the artistry of film making is making the best of budgetary constraints. You can make a very good movie (see: tangled) for a typical movie budget, but you won't get the absolute cutting edge of animation quality you see here.

A lot of a major studio's budget goes toward the A-List actors they hire in order to attract larger masses of viewers.

>i'm sure this work barely even a fraction of a major release cost less
Well you don't say

And don't forget the time it takes to develop something original.
This is like buying premade cookie dough. It'll taste better than the store bought cookies. But all you did was throw it in the oven.

Worked with OPM and it's crap budget

I'd say it's more like taking a praised recipe from the internet instead of starting from the scratch.

Seems OK

So when are people going to start a rumor that this is a remake of Majora's Mask on the Switch? Seems to be popular these days to just confirm shit that isn't real for it (specifically Pokemon Stars and Skyrim, the latter has yet to be confirmed by Bethsoft and the former is wishful thinking of some attention whore on twitter that has managed to blow up in popularity).

Sup Forums shit aside, good animation for a

Some of the character animation needs work.

Are you sure these people aren't actually professionals?

Bump for neat stuff.