Let's talk about Alice in Wonderland

Let's talk about Alice in Wonderland

a.k.a "that one Disney who makes everyone unconfortable but you liked, well you think you liked because you don't really remember."

Alice is VERY different story than your usual princess and Disney did actually a good job at the time to recreate this universe. Needless to say it would be much different if it was made today.

Alice is about little girl trapped in Wonderland because of her curiosity, meeting with strange people giving her bad advices about finding her way back. It's actually more than advices, each character try to "teach" Alice his philosophy because she's a kid and she has to learn. But all of them are flawed, their philosophy are wrong and self-destructive, keeping them in Wonderland while Alice using kindness and wisdom, keep going the "heart" of Wonderland and find a way to live.

This "children knows better than adults" theme is very specific of that time. Of course the adults are just an incarnation of the numerous ideologies of the 20th century but the fascination for children innocence and "natural wisdom" is ancient and a clear sign of sexual attraction towards them. It's no surprise for the author of Alice in Wonderland, but did Disney picked up that vibe ? To my opinion: yes. Oh yes.

Look at Alice. Her features and mouvements are much different from the usual depiction of a child at the time but she's still clearly very young. Actual Disney would NEVER show a kid like this, she's speaking slowly, she admits when she's wrong, she's polite and helpful but always keep some sort of distance, showing how Alice doesn't accept the teachings from the Mad Hatter, the Catterpillar or the Chestshire Cat. She listen but her mind is already there, she's not a child but an adult.

That's why modern crappy Alice movie shows her as an adult. It's now not acceptable to show Alice as a kid because she acts too much like an adult, including seduction and sexual attraction.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Comics_based_on_Alice_in_Wonderland
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

shut up nerd

post more alice

TLDR for you: Disney used to like pizza a bit too much.

counterpoint: disney doesn't like pizza ENOUGH now

Maybe. The movies were incredibly bad and missed the point so much it can't even be called Alice in Wonderland.

Disney's agenda is now to turn us into furries anyway.

I just dont like the whole "DUDE, DRUGS!!" take that tumblr specifically has tarnished Disney Alice with

editing many GIFs of the animated film with psychedelic colors and effects, implying that she is under the influence

The fact is, without Nabokov's book, the term coined for sexualised kid (and used so much in Japan) would be an Alice (which is... also used a lot in Japan). But there's a Pygmalion side attached to Alice which is a bit paradoxal to my opinion, Alice doesn't learn from her journey except trusting a bit less. She actually prove all of them wrong.

Alice connections to drugs is more recent, linked to characters like the Catterpillar, eating various foods and mushrooms with immediate effects and then symbolism repurposed like the Rabbit Hole (thanks Matrix...)

But those people are too embarassed, the theme isn't drugs, the theme is puberty (changing size, sexualization) and adulthood (ideologies, violence). The smile of the Chestshire Cat is not the smile of someone on drugs, it's the smile of a predator finding a prey.

>That's a pretty sexy little girl, Ollie.
-Walt Disney

>turn us into furries

What a load of barnacles, if anything Disney's agenda is to show females are superior to males, nearly every movie they made recently is about a guy tricked into helping the female protagonist and use him as she wishes: Tangled,WiR,Frozen,Moana.

>ITT: I'm a pedophile and that's why everyone else is a pedophile.

Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius, directed by cinematic mastermind John A. Davis, is a poignant tour de force of the middle class American zeitgeist in the post-9/11 Bush Jr. era. Rivaling the likes of Paul Thomas Anderson, Davis not only tells the story of a precocious genius-savant, but compels the audience to draw their own conclusions about the morally ambiguous plot.
Jimmy is an unreliable narrator. At times, he forwards a scathing commentary against the military state that exists in his home town. Other times, he displays great nationalistic pride, proclaiming his undying love for the state, and the warm security it provides. This dichotomy can confuse a more feeble-minded viewer (yes, probably you), but for those who have studied such narration schemes for years, this film is deeply stimulating.

Of course, the "state" I speak of is in fact an allegorical one, at least within the confines of the film's universe. The adults who vanish in the beginning of the film fill the role of the state quite nicely.
The 30 or so minutes that follow the adults' disappearance provide the viewer with an impartial vantage from which they may witness the decline of an otherwise civil society into primitive savagery. The citizens, without the guidance of the once reprehensible state, rapidly decline into hedonism and base immorality.
Realizing that they have gone astray, the citizens soon lament the loss of the supreme authority and unambiguous rule of the state.
This is all well and good, but for the fact that these messages are directly contradicted in the subarc of the plot that directly follows. The citizens band together to vanquish their woes, seeking out their "parents" (the allegorical state).
This is a textbook portrayal of classical Marxism, which rejects the higher authority of the state, hoping to eventually succeed in becoming a stateless society.
A great portion of the next hour of the film does service to the fans who require action to even consider watching such a cerebral film. I won't go into this portion of the movie too much, to avoid spoilers. However, although I detest excessive "action" in films, the cinematography was masterful, exceeding the work of his contemporaries; Tarantino, Richardson, and Nolan.
In the end, a desirable compromise was formed between the bourgeoisie and the proletarian children.
Don't go off of my rather skeletonized review. You must see the film to know what I'm talking about. It has a certain je ne seis quoi to it.

The movie is not a good movie it is a message. The show is fantastic. Have you ever had a show change your life I was once astray but once I saw the subtext in Jimmy Neutron Boy Genius it reworked the fragile interworkings of my concepts of trust faith and of course a unbridled thirst for knowledge at one point I even ate a lug nut. But James neutrons variety of inventions from the occlus rift to him becoming a female in a males body were actually foretelling of issues of times we now face. I got a Jimmy haircut once but I would always dress like Hugh. If anyone ever talks bad about jimbo I get physically Ill as in my stomach eats its self until I vomit on my shoes again. Luckily a lot of people like Jimmy neutron so heh no worries but the there is always a guy who feels like making a tree stump outta himself. Man I wish they made ultra lord toys I have a room full of toys but they are made in China dollar store toys so I look at my Jimmy neutron poster instead.

>I just dont like the whole "DUDE, DRUGS!!" take that tumblr specifically has tarnished Disney Alice with

Alice in Wonderland has been associated with drug culture since the 1970s after it had a resurgence in popularity at the time.

nice copypasta farn

This movie gave me my size fetish, and I'm glad Disney is finally rewarding me for my undying loyalty to their works by giving me another movie in 2018.

No, the theme is mathematics. Lewis Carroll was a mathematician at a time when a lot more abstract "new math" ideas were coming in that conflicted with orthodox ideas, and Carroll saw this new math as nonsense, which is what lead to Wonderland, a world that runs on nonsense.

Through the looking glass is my favorite book..

The part where Alice gets fed up and takes the situation into her own hands inspired my passion for dreams.

That being said please post more Alice, I lost my collection in a bad drunken decision.

>it's the smile of a predator finding a prey
in the movie maybe, in the book the Cheshire cat is actually nice to Alice and she's happy to see him again when he shows up later

I preferred the first book, in particular the first conversation between Alice and Cheshire
>if you go that way you'll find the hatter, if you that way you'll find the march hare, go either way, they're both mad
>but I don't want to go among mad people
>oh there's no helping that, we're all mad here, I'm mad you're mad
>I'm not mad
>you must be, or you wouldn't have come here
>well how do you know you're mad?
>well a dog is not mad yes? and a dog growls when it's angry, I growl when I'm happy, therefore I'm mad
>I think that's called purring

>since the 70s

Maybe 1870s.

Didn't he write it for her fiend's daughters or some shit?

Its origin was as a story told to a real girl named Alice Pleasance Liddel and her sisters during a boat ride, yes. But when he put it on paper he added a lot of other stuff to related to mathematics.

Also most of the poems in it were parodies of poems that schoolchildren of Alice's age were forced to memorize in that time.

There are a lot of layers to the Alice stories, including mathematics, politics, parody, and satire of other popular ones. I recommend looking up "The Annotated Alice" - it's a collection of both books filled with notes that point out pretty much every possible reference and theorized meaning for every aspect of the stories. I found it a very interesting read.

>I recommend looking up "The Annotated Alice"

Looks interesting, might check it out. Thanks!

That anecdote wasn't directed at her, it was Pajeeta in Jungle Book.

>there was going to be a different version of the movie back in 1939
>It would have had her shrink unevenly like in the book

I don't know about you guys but this kind of shrinking really amuses me

Nah. Didn't like fighting that thing in Dark Souls 2.

I've fapped so many times to Alice desu

I feel like reading these books again

There are many other adaptations of Alice in Wonderland other than the 1951 Disney movie and the 2010 movie.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Comics_based_on_Alice_in_Wonderland

Lots of authors have drawn Alice in Wonderland comics. I actually have this weaboo Antarctic Press Amerimanga drawn by Rod Espinoza in my closet that I never got around to reading. Alice is so kawaii in this comic.

Disney was our guy

There are also a shitload of movies. Animated and live action.

Thats surprising on model, user.

>Pajeeta
What does the scouter say about his power level?

Also don't you mean Shanti?

Whaaat? Alice acted the way she did, because that is how kids acted back when the books were written. Kids used to be more mature. As time went on, they have become piles of stupid that need to be protected. You are pretty far off base

Would you believe me if I said that this one was done by Marvel?

yes cause marvel used to be good

How can you talk about Disney without reading the books? What did the rabbit represent? Why was he concerned so much with time? Why do the mad hatter and hare change seats but cannot leave? Maybe someone should do some research into Alice in wonderland and it's ties to mathematics. You will realize that the way you view Alice is wrong. It's not about "a girl goes somewhere and sees crazy things" that's why it could never be replicated. The original stories had an underlying message about mathematics. The animation had to keep the same characters

Hatter and hare could only move around but not move on because they were missing "time" (the rabbit) in the equation. Right?

This.
Give Lewis Carrol's Sorites a read sometime.

Alice was behaved precociously in the book but she wasn't mature and still thought like a child.

I never read the books but I assume it's implied that she is rich and her mother placed a lot of importance on giving her a thorough and complete education. Something like this is unheard of these days, so people misinterpret a child acting maturely as inappropriate.

Sad, truly, although it's the all pedophile's faults.

I used to really loath Disney's Alice as a child because it didn't have that parody and satire.

Years later after seeing too many "EPIC QUEST IN WONDERLAND" and "HORROR THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS" I've come to appreciate the 1951 movie more.

It's still lacks substance but at least it kept the visuals and the nonsensical aspect to it and doesn't try to jam it in to a palatable narrative.

I fucking hate 2edgy Alice adaptations.

Besides Alice and bits of Problem Sleuth, does Sup Forums know any stories with mathematics-inspired shenanigans?

>I get my information from Cracked!
Nice meme, son.

I hope you've made an exception for American McGee's Alice and the sequel.

All I know is back when I was an acid head I used to love watching the Disney cartoon of Alice in Wonderland. Trippy stuff.

Yeah those games were actually pretty good.

Most of them are shit though.

>that one Disney who makes everyone unconfortable but you liked
>citation and spell check needed

No one is "unconfortable" about this movie besides pedophiles. People talk shit about Lewis Carroll all the time because he took some art photos of little girls, but there's nothing mature about this movie. Alice doesn't act like an adult at all. You only think so because you have the vocabulary and mental capacity of an eight year old.

I plan to trip cid and watch Alice one day. It's trippy on its own though. The way she gets through the landscape and simply wandering place to place with no real geography reminds me of a dream
and corruption of champions

someone should make a spiritual successor to Alice. A movie about a dream adventure.

the 1951 Alice in Wonderland was most definitely a drug culture movie. Don't believe me? check out the extended edition also Fantasia as well. I ate an 8th of shrooms and watched Alice with a sober friend. I had never seen the movie before and she had never seen the extended cut before. The next day my friend told me how fucking weird, and nonsensical it was.

I believe you user

>she changes size
>her clothing changes with her

They didn´t do that in the Burton film, and that film sucked.

Alice humphed as the caterpillar-butterfly? flitted away into the sky. Her eyes turned towards the path away from the rude insect's toadstool perch... only to slowly wander back, back towards the still fuming hookah. Taking a glance around, Alice slowly climbed on top of the toadstool, her irresistable curiousity getting the better of her. It couldn't hurt to just... try it, could it? She had had a very trying morning, after all. Slightly giddy at the prospect of doing the forbidden, Alice lifted the mouthpiece to her lips, and inhaled deeply.
There were misfires, of course: her first three attempts resulted in a sputtering, sickly green and brown puffed coughs, until she finally managed to fill her lungs with a rainbow of smoky delight. "Oooohhhhh," she moaned, slumping down onto the mushroom, a symphony of colors escaping her lips in a wide, spiralling "O". She lazily watched the colors float into the sky and dissipate, a wide grin spreading over her face as her eyes drooped. She took another hit and held it as long as she could, revelling in the feeing of warmth and calm filling her lungs and washing over her entire body. She crossed her legs, leaving her right foot to lazily dangle, as she released the smoke with a drawled "Eeeee..." Briefly, her thoughts turned to home, but those were washed away under the influence of the technicolor drugs coursing through her, replaced by a desire only to smoke more, to gain better control of the letters.
She giggled mischeviously. Perhaps she could learn to do some naughty words before she was through.

Alice felt incredibly happy and relaxed. She lay down on the mushroom, kicked of her shoes and puffed naughty words she heard from her father and his friends when she spied on them when they played cards in the tea room, into the sky above her. When she got bored of that she tried shapes and colours of increasing complexity. "I´m really getting good at this! Perhaps even better than that caterpillar!" she thought to herself. She felt really pleased with herself, all of her worries were gone. She didn´t care about the stupid white rabbit anymore and had totally forgotten about the garden. After a while she noticed that she was getting a bit peckish. "Hum, I could use a bite" she said to herself and puffed out a bright green cloud that formed the word "MUNCHIES". This silly word caused to laugh out loud and long. When she came back to her senses (relatively spoken) she rememberd something the caterpillar said about the mushroom, that it was edible. "oh why not?" she thought and broke off a large piece on one side.

Alice sat down with a goofy grin on her face and looked at the piece of mushroom. "I´m sure the caterpillar said something about its two sides..." Oh well." She took a large bite out of the morsel, which she spat out instantly. "Oh my goodness, this tastes dreadfull! I think I remember what the caterpillar said, one side tastes good and one bad? Or was it... WHOA! My goodness!!!" The all too familliar feeling of a sizechange was washing over her, but this time it was feeling moore intense due to whatever was in the caterpillars hookah. She could feel herself being pulled together, like all parts of herself being squashed together from the inside. It wasn´t painfull, but not exactly pleasant eather. She looked at her arms and legs, the looked like they were imploding into ever smaller forms of themselves. "This is the most curiosest ever! Heehee... Curiosest..." The whole process took only a few seconds but to her it was like in slow motion, it felt like minutes. When Alice finally stopped shrinking the top of the mushroom had grown to the dimensions of an airfield (not that Alice knew what an airfield was, being from 1865 and such). She was less about a hundredth of her prevous size and looked around in amazement. "I don´t think anybody has ever been smaller than me!" Alice said and took another puff from the hookah (it shrank with her since she was holding it in her arm the whole time). "And I´m still hungry! Maybe I should try the other side of the mushroom."

>Her features and mouvements are much different from the usual depiction of a child
I'm pretty sure they based the features and movements off of a literal child

As she wandered over the mushroom she passed one of her shoes she kicked of earlier when she was getting comfortable, now it was the size of a house to her. Alices touched the black leather wall in front of her and stroked over it, the shiny smooth surface appeared now rough and uneven. "Its uncanny that my feet where in this before" Alice looked down at her stocking clad feet and wiggled her toes. "I wonder what it would be like to have feet that can fit into those shoes." She immediatly got a laughing fit as she imagend herself with house sized feet. She was still giggleing when she got to the other edge of the mushroom. "Oh dear thats quite high. " alice thought as she looked doen the mushroom that was skyscrapersized to her. She broke off a big piece of mush oom and got away from the edge because the vertigo was beginning to creep her out. She sat down again with the mushroom piece and the hookah (she is carring that thing around all the time, occasionally taking a puff, here is to hope the poor girl doesn´t develop a habit). She takes a bite out of it and to her delight This side DOES taste great. She manages too take another few bites as the all familliar feeling returned.

Alice was feeling like she was being pushed in all directions at the same time from inside out. First her belly bloated up, followed by the rest of her body and her arms, legs and her head. The growth was doing in waves through every part of her body. Unlike shrinking this definitively felt pleasant. Alice tried to stand up, but fell on her bottom as a growth wave was going through her legs that very moment. She managed to stand up again, noticing that her feet were covering all of the mushroom. She soon crushed it under her feet as she soared higher and higher, "Whoooaaaa" Soon her head passed the top of the tallest trees in the forest, then her chest, then her hips, then her shins. When she finally stopped her head was in the clouds, and not only the clouds she was still puffing out with the hookah under her arm. When she looked down her white stockinged feet were standing in what appeard to be moss. "I´m so very, very high!" Alice giggled. She looked around and saw the castle of the Queen of hearts, it barely reached her ankles. "Hehe, looks, like I found that garden." Just then Alice noticed that she still had the piece of mushroom in her had, it somehow grew with her. A miscievious grin played around her face. "Hmmm...."

>"I´m so very, very high!" Alice giggled.

You know it!

That's really bad character design for the original moeshit. Nothing moe about that. Looks like a male African child.

Yeah the artist actually has a mulan piece as well that's very on model but his more realistic stuff is meh

I want to be a child and also go to wonderland and me And Alice will travel together Through wonderland.

why does Alice look like she's reacting to r34 of herself in all of these?

This movie gave me my size fetish, and I'm upset Disney is finally punishing me for my embarrassing fetish because of their works by giving me more awkward boners in 2018.

Agreed.

My fav. fairy tale btw. I wish there were an long running animated show based on it.

Probably one of the worst Disney movies desu

It barely even qualifies as a story.

normies and casuals leaaaveeeee

GOOMBA!

>No, the theme is mathematics.

>makes everyone unconfortable
No it doesn't.

This was just glorious. You sir have earned the right for this to get screencapped.

You know as a Kid I always, no pun intended, wondered something about stuff like the bottle, the mushrooms, etc.

Instead of changing the size of whoever consumed them.....what if they instead did other things? What would these other effects be?