Fox controls the film rights to “The X-Men” and “The Fantastic Four...

>Fox controls the film rights to “The X-Men” and “The Fantastic Four.” Could you partner with them on a movie as you did with Sony?

>It’s an impossibility at this juncture. We certainly have enough films to keep us busy for a number of lifetimes.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/film/news/marvel-kevin-feige-interview-spider-man-captain-marvel-diversity-1201923851/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Source?

variety.com/2016/film/news/marvel-kevin-feige-interview-spider-man-captain-marvel-diversity-1201923851/

Well, that's a pity.
Oh well.

>it's real

I dont care about the X Men, just give Marvel Studios the Fantastic Four for fuck sake. We need Doom and Galactus

>Would you recast your biggest superheroes with other actors if, say, Robert Downey Jr. or Chris Evans decide they want to move on?
>Luckily we don’t have to make that decision anytime soon. There are a lot of movies that everyone is signed on for, and we get to enjoy them for a long time. Robert Downey Jr. is Iron Man, and right now I can’t envision anyone else. Chris Evans has embodied Captain America as well as any actor has ever embodied an iconic pop-culture figure like that. I go back to Chris Reeve as Superman as the gold standard, and I think Evans is right there. I couldn’t imagine anybody else.

Head in ass syndrome

But he's 100% right

t. mousecuck

>We need Doom and Galactus to be the next Quiptrons
NO RICHARDS NO

>Quips
Shut the fuck up, you dont even know what that word means. Im not going to defend Ultron, but you Sup Forums fags need a new meme

at least no falconcap or ReRe in the near future

>boo hoo hoo

I don't get it. Claims that Captain Marvel is stronger than the other heroic characters, but seems to be worse off unless she is Binary than Hulk and Thor. Is it because of her all-around stats where everything is good despite being out-lifted/sped in their specializations?

Aren't you quiping right now?

I mean, he's not wrong. RDJ and Evans are synonymous with those characters now, though I'd say RDJ moreso than Evans. RDJ's gonna pass 10 fuckin' years of playing Iron Man before too long here.

Well, it's Quiptron.

No matter how bad things get at Fox, I'd walk to the edge of the universe to prevent Perlmutter from getting his filthy jew hands on "da x men"

>fan wikis

The mutants are lead by a Jew

>i.e. we only lower ourselves to Sony because Spider-Man is Marvel's mascot, bringing the mutants at this point of the MCU is not worth the hassle and FF is toxic on movies and comics thanks to our petty wars

Yeah but he's a fictional jew so he's good

what about the jews who created the X-Men?

Those power levels are from the Official Handbooks though...

Good boyo

>yfw there will never be a good fantastic your movie, and all future movies are rights grabs

Has there been a single good Fantastic Four adaptation?

>Why was Brie Larson the right fit?
>With Captain Marvel, who has powers that approach a level that we haven’t seen before in our films, you need to counter- balance that by finding somebody who is also very human and very relatable and can get into a groove with the audience, where they’re willing to see her fly through the sun and punch a moon away from a spacecraft. At the same time, we need her to land and have relatable flaws.

>Brie is a person you’re going to want to go on this journey with, just like Benedict or Robert or Chris Pratt.

>fly through the sun and punch a moon away from a spacecraft
BINARY TIME

At the very least Fox will give up the Fantastic Four and their associated characters. They are never giving up X-Men.

>Firestorm is a woman now?

Looks like Ivan Ooze

That is her baseline form for this Captain Marvel and her Binary form instead lets her unaided to FTL travel and survive a supernova.

Binary can already go FTL. Base Carol has gone FTL, even.

the biggest problem is that marvel comics being asses divided the fanbases and pushed them straight into the dc's arms

Yeah let's see what happens when they actually get those rights back. They're full of shit they'd love to be able to intergrate the Fantastic Four stuff at the very least

The shitty 90s one was actually the best one.

Do they even need the comics though?
They make the majority of income through licensing and have a backlog of materials to adapt if they wanted.

>Do they even need the comics though?
No, but as long as Stan lives they will exist.

>No, but as long as Stan lives they will exist.
?

Stan will outlive us all.

>Do they even need the comics though?

Yes.

In case it missed your notice, Feige separated Marvel Studios from the rest of Marvel. They may get some money but probably not as much as they used to when they still had control over it.

F. Maybe the mouse will keep the comic division alive as a symbol.

Doom is probably worthless at this point. Galactus hasn't explicitly been used but why bother if it means you have to try and rehabilitate a broken franchise?

Look at the other properties that have returned to Marvel. Aside from Hulk, anything that's had a big budget adaptation has been sidelined to tv/netflix. Because the risk associated with those productions - of putting a hundred and fifty million into it only for people to say "but didn't it suck last time" - is so great that it's simpler to make a tv show for a fraction of that cost and not end up paying huge distribution even if it's a flop.

It's not a question of wanting them back, it's a question of whether FOX has anything in the back of those rights that Marvel might want down the line, like Skrulls or whatever.

The answer is probably no. Let them cling to the rights they made worthless.

What he's saying is they have these people under contract until such time as there would be no need to use them. There's no big slump in revenues coming - Doctor Strange is already on $600m and still going.

>It’s an impossibility at this juncture.

FOX confirmed for unrealistic idiots.

sure

doubtful

???

Marvel Comics' financial 2016 has been pretty solid so far. Are you thinking of DC, who spent the first two quarters in a long slump the same as the previous seven or eight quarters, and tried a disastrous experiment with returnable orders before abandoning it when it turned out retailers were screwing them for variants?

Well then I've got some bad news for you, because Marvel Television is co-producing all of the X-men TV shows in the same way that Marvel Studios is doing it for the Spider-man movie.

Right now the divides are:
>Marvel Television, ran by Loeb, overseen by Ike Perlmutter, allied with Fox
>Marvel Studios, ran by Feige, overseen by Alan Horn, allied with Sony

>for a number of lifetimes

I can't stop laughing.

>comparing Evans Cap and RDJ Iron Man to Reeve Superman

This just keeps getting better and better! How crazy is this guy? Any predictions for what he'll say next?

The Mouse doesn't really care. They wanted Marvel Studios and they have Marvel Studios. At this point, Marvel Entertainment is just doing their own thing with a cut off profits going to keep the mouse from interfering.

But either way, Marvel Studios is no longer part of Marvel. Marvel Studios is now just a Disney film studio that makes movies with Marvel characters, not a Marvel movie studio.

The only things Marvel is actually making are:
>TV Shows
>Comics
>Cartoons
>Third-party Licensing for merch and games

Doom isnt exactly beyond the realm of redemption just yet. The best approach to deal with him is to make him the next overarching villain after Thanos: Mildly teased here and there, sitting on his throne in Latveria, etc. The reason why I have minor hope is that the previous 2 incarnations were so off the mark with the character, that perhaps something can be salvaged. As for the F4 themselves its a harder sell

Also, third party licensing is where the majority of their money comes from.

>As for the F4 themselves its a harder sell
I've never understood this idea that the Fantastic Four are "out-dated" and wouldn't or can't work in a modern setting.

It's Incredibles + Interstellar. How does that not work? A family of scientist-adventurers with fantastic powers that explore and research the unknown or the impossible, while fighting the occasional giant monster, alien invasion, or evil despot bent on world domination. What's more timeless than family and science?

>Incredibles + Interstellar. How does that not work?
Executive meddling is the perfect weapon. Perfect!

People lack imagination and despite the "world of the future" being closer than ever the whole tomorrowland aesthetic that F4 was kind of based on seems unrealistic to people as society has become more cynical, ironic given that people in the 60s were afraid of being nuked. Perhaps it's because while the omnipresent threat of extinction by nuclear weapons existed through much of the cold war the russian could be relied upon to not act unless america acted and so omnicide of humanity would be impossible without obvious increases in tension between the two superpowers. But in the post cold war era a number of threats which people have less control over have sprung up like climate change and terrorism, casting a shadow of uncertainty over america.

>and tried a disastrous experiment with returnable orders before abandoning it when it turned out retailers were screwing them for variants?

You're pulling "facts" out of your ass again.

>But either way, Marvel Studios is no longer part of Marvel. Marvel Studios is now just a Disney film studio that makes movies with Marvel characters, not a Marvel movie studio.
well thats fucking bullshit

that really defeats the purpose, doesn't it?

It was all Avi's fault

Avi Arad is a cancer that got half the marvel universe cut off.

>giving the MCU two of the best villains

So they can be comedic and die as punchlines at the end of the films?

Doom is corny ass shit in the first place, and also completely insufferable thanks to how hard he's been Mary Sue'd in recent times

doom is worth a shit unlike every villain they've used aside from loki

like if they fucked loki or red skull up i'd think you have a point but yellowjacket whiplash and kaecillus are literally whos and do not matter

I'm convinced they're just going to use MCU Dormammu as Galactus down the line, he even kind of looks like him

true.
also true

This post inflicted physical pain upon reading.