Why does the show's writers seem to hate Robin?

Why does the show's writers seem to hate Robin?

It's a bit surreal when you consider how OP he was in the 2003 cartoon. It's almost the exact opposite. Part of me thinks that might even be why they're doing this. I'll admit that sometimes Robin's OPness in the old show was a bit annoying, but TTG went too far in the other direction. Not just in how pathetic he is, but that everyone, even fucking Starfire, seems to hate him.

Because they hate Robin. And all the rest of the characters. And comic book heroes in general. And cartoons. Also, their own lives.

Because Robin shouldn't be competing with Aliens/Mutants/Demons/Cyborges

Honestly, the same could be said about Batman, memes aside.

Yeah and they hate Batman to. Did you see the episode when they turned him into a turkey?

Because in the old show and some comic iterations he was close to batman in terms of plot armor and writers fanwanking, so they spin it around and parody those elements

>TT Robin's preptime power

so

>TTG Robin is a paranoid control freak

That and I think, there were many occasions were old Robin would indirectly shit on the other characters, so i think writers just like to parody his old character with the new one

>Robin shouldnt be competing

>meanwhile Doctor Light,DeathStroke,Cheshire and Mad Mod

?_?

Because he is the only character with a brain

BEING HONEST HERE.

He is the most realistic portrail of a Robin that exist. To be like comic Robins and compete with super humans, you would have to push yourself to the limit and be a controlling paranoid nutjob

Because he's an asshole.

He was Teen Titan's Batman.

I remember when the show first started, there was an interview where they talked about it. The reasoning was just that he was too competent in the original cartoon, so they changed him for the sake of comedy. They thought making him overcompensate for his lack of powers was the most logical way to go about it.

Because he deserves it.

This

and to take if further

there is commonality here....

neither have superpowers

TT was a cartoon about superheroes led by Batman's ward who despite his lack of power was the backbone of the series thanks to his raw determination, focus and skill.

Robin could compete with a cuborg, a guy who could turn into a Tyranosaurus Rex, an alien warrior princess who could fly and give Superman a run for his money and a demon possessed occultist who could literally rip the world in half with her emotions.

TTG is a comedy show. Was Robin ever funny in TT?

Yeah, too bad he wasn't funny in TTG either.

Because dorks spaz out when people try to tell them what to do.

It sure is oddly fixated on his butt.

Its fucking hilarious, he acts almost like a r9k variation of feels guy sometiems.

yeah

but none of those are real

this is why cape shit needs to die unless it went the routes of the original teen titans and the animated batman series and justice league

something the hollywood movies feels too vapid, product placementy, accepting of SJW bullshit and two dimensional charactorization

the enemies are not evil enough either, in ways i cant put into words, it just does not feel "right"

>Robin's OPness in the old show was a bit annoying, but TTG went too far in the other direction

There is one episode all the TT died, and Robin, as a ghost just used his "resurrecting punch" on their dead bodies to bring them back to life

He is OP in GO too

Normies view Robin (and all sidekicks in general) as a gay joke (both literally and metaphorically)

Nice diss. Freaking upvoted, man.

Is that Mr Freeze Ice Cream?

because hes a WHITE MALE

This

It's kind of creepy

>that april fools episode when they tell him that his parents are alive only for him to walk out and realize no one is there and he actually starts crying

Dubs of truth here.

Scott Menville's Robin lied to and manipulated his friends (Red X) and was driven to obsession (Masks) because of his crimefighting fixation. TTG just exaggerates that for comedic parody.

>He is the most realistic portrail of a Robin that exist. To be like comic Robins and compete with super humans, you would have to push yourself to the limit and be a controlling paranoid nutjob
That, or, as seen in Foot Race, cheat.

He was a massive marysue in the original cartoon, it's just karmic backlash and it's the highlight of TTGo

They've also done it with a few of the other characters. Only males, too, I've noticed. Robin's ass gets the most attention, though.

It's not robin, it's just everybody that ever liked Teen Titans that they hate.

people make jokes about Batman's parents all the time but suddenly the TTGO team does it to Robin and is over the line

Because TT go is a parody so they take traits and exaggerate them to the point of comedy.

That was one of those rare instances where I actually laughed at a TTG joke. However...

I think the issue here is more that the characters are all assholes.

>Not knowing Dick's most famous feature

Ya, but isn't he technically "underage" in TTG? I know he's just a fictional character, but you'd think that'd be an issue with moralfags.

>I think the issue here is more that the characters are all assholes.
...the same is true for Sealab 2021. Or Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Or Harvey Birdman. Or Space Ghost Coast to Coast (except Brak. Brak is precious). TTG is just an Adult Swim cartoon for kids. Ben Gruber writes for it for crying out loud!

BECAUSE HES A WHITE FUCKING MALE

those aren't kid shows

...that's why I said that TTG is an Adult Swim show for kids. You don't really think comedic cynicism is going to turn kids into bad eggs, do you? That's as idiotic as the argument that kids will become violent if they see action cartoons.

It's a show about kids for kids. No problem with kids beating it to other kids. They even made an episode for one Ravenfag.

>Only males
It's kinda only close-to-sexual thing you can joke with such rating. Woman has legs, you know.

He frequently beats up the other Titans as well.

>Ben Gruber is on Spongebob's writing team now

Can't wait to see his episodes.

He can take down all of the other Titans in some episodes. He's still strong, they just treat him badly.

Basically, if it's a "Robin was right" episode then he gets treated poorly until the end and if it's a "Robin was wrong" episode he gets treated poorly the whole time.

>give Superman a run for his money
stop

He kept on trying to bakin his former glory as one of the robbins. One of many questions led to his undoing.

>this is why cape shit needs to die

This Sup Forums memephrase needs to die

"Superhero" is the best genre so people are mad and try to rebel against it. Fact is, there can be no stories as good as superhero stories. The rest are doomed to be boring or a pale comparison.

I hate this show but I still watch it sometimes for Starfire.

I was going to say that

le wacky white male punching bag

I actually really like it.

No powers is an easy joke. Being the leader, and thus the top dog, it's "funnier" to have him take the most shit.

he is a straight, white cis-male.

Robin is a child, though.

Because he has multiple points to make fun of.
>No super powers
>Team leader
>Likes Starfire

The other characters only have one or two points and Cyborg, Beast Boy, and Starfire have a degree of obliviousness built in to shrug off that much.

Raven's the only other straight character but she's too powerful to easily make fun of while when shit happens to the other 3 it's played for laughs and they shrug it off like BB dealing with Terra, but these things just hit Robin directly and stick.

>The other characters only have one or two points

It was TTGO that made me realize just how bland the cast of Teen Titans was.