Pictures for Sad Children

Other urls found in this thread:

picturesforsadchildren.com/
kickstarter.com/projects/73258510/sad-pictures-for-children/posts/759318
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Oh, I've been meaning to put this on my tablet to read at the families house over thanksgiving. Thanks for the reminder OP, and for the storytime

This is pretty fucking dumb so far.

Why does a ghost need to use the door?

The author's meltdown and him destroying the copies was the best possible ending for the series.

story?

Oooooh, now this will be a good thread!

Way to go, OP

>Not being able to appreciate cool historical shit.

I pity this Ghost.

because hes a shitty ghost.
the only difference between him and someone else, is that hes already dead, so he lacks most of the major drawbacks of being alive (see )

same reason hes in a fucking plane.

As someone from oklahoma, this hits home.

dude did a kickstarter.
got to a point where he had a couple hundred copies of the book still to send out, but not enough kickstarter (or personal) funds to afford to send them out to all the backers.

so he lit them all on fire, took pictures, posted them on line.

and thats as far as I know.

did the artist ever get better? He went pretty crazy

wow... that's straight up double niggardly

He needs your help to get better.
$20 per month of your help.
picturesforsadchildren.com/

This came at the end of some serious psych-ward-tier stuff already and he backed it with a long-winded "explanation" about how it was meant to represent the ultimate meaninglessness of late capitalism or something
It was a whole thing and super entertaining if you weren't into it

Paris does kind of suck, to be fair

hey that describes my experience with grad school

except the bit about Derrida's birthday

My first time hearing about this, so is he more or less ransoming his comics until he acquires 720/month?

What happens to those 11 who are paying in despite not having enough folks to fund him?

What a fucking faggot.

Why doe HE get to live off the efforts of others without giving anything back?

He wants people to give him money without expecting anything in return. Those 11 people are just giving him money. They aren't buying anything or funding any project. They are giving him money so he can buy food and pay rent.
kickstarter.com/projects/73258510/sad-pictures-for-children/posts/759318

> I want direct funding for my living necessities. I want to establish relationships with a group of people who can pay for my baseline needs like food and rent. I am looking for people who do not feel they need to see any “return” on their “investment.” I am looking for people who understand that money is a bad joke we use to hurt each other. I’m looking for people who like me were born with a lot of privileges but who have had the awareness and emotional stability to keep their bucket under the faucet when the money comes out.

> I am not looking for the support of anyone who wants a book, or wants to see me put stick figure comics on the internet. I do not need the support of anyone who thinks that I will deserve to eat and sleep only after I have fulfilled some standard they’ve chosen to hold me to. I am looking for people who believe that if you spend your life in a small room thinking, you deserve to live and breathe the same amount as someone who spends their life doing intense physical or mental labor, or who has money that "makes money."

this is far too real

>navel gazing is valuable
>which is why I need an artificial system where people pay me tribute
>this makes much more sense than people being paid because others agree what they do is valuable

Is it too much to hope those 11 people are trolls who will cut him off en masse.

>it's like riding a bike that you hate

...I need to update my resume.

I like this ghost I wish he worked at my company.

i was really enjoying this comic until i hit this point in the thread now im having a mixed feeling of disgust and confusion

The author reached such a point of mental unbalance that he makes the average internet user looks normal

This reflected on his work on this comic however, and it's spectacular.

I say ignore how much of a shithead he is and enjoy the pictures

Feel better than he doesn't want people distributing his "old work".

I had this same shit happen to me, FUCKING WOMEN.

Didn't they also decide they were trans, without making any effort to transition?

This guy really loves T.S. Eliot

>artist
>self-centered thief
Epic foreshadowing.

Explain

I remember at one point there was a continuation of the main comic where Paul's time as a ghost is up and he gets sent to hell where he meets Gary's roommate Jeremy. Hell is a hotel room with really poor wifi. It's also in some latin american country.

For some reason, presumably because the artist didn't feel like finishing the storyline and didn't want it to be half-finished, the entire lot was deleted and I haven't been able to find them since. Please tell me I didn't just dream them.

Nope, this happens in the main comic.

The comics I referenced have really blatant quotations from Eliot's The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock, which is a poem about getting old and nothing really mattering and not fitting in anywhere (among other things) so you can see why this guy loves it.

For example, Gary refusing the offer of a peach is literally a reference to "I do not dare to eat a peach", which we can tell to be a reference since the guy then alludes to the line "With a bald spot in the middle of my hair".

Yeah that happened starting at page 213 of Pictures for Sad Children.

Not him but "That is not it at all" and "do i dare to eat a peach" are both lines in TS Eliot poems. The second one is from The Love Song of Alfred J Prufrock. The patient man smelling ether on a table is also from Prufrock I think. They are references without any substance, the guy might like Elliot but he isn't using the references as anything but references. Too much DMT I guess.

That's neat, thanks for clarifying

It's good to have these threads with people adding information to the comic.

Sad Kiddy Pics is one of my top ten webcomics of all time. Shame about the author's brain problems.

She now goes by the name "Merry Graves" and prefers feminine pronouns.