Has there been a piece of animation you've cried over?

Has there been a piece of animation you've cried over?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dpkuw3ztPQE
youtube.com/watch?v=ihrnND7-Hsg
youtube.com/watch?v=iloXUw6B4RM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dam_Keeper
youtube.com/watch?v=ZbN8-BreUjA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Persepolis and this are both really sad, and in B&W. This is definitely the sadder of the two, however.

I've heard that this is good and thought it would be a heartwarming story...now I'm scared to watch it. What's so sad about it?

OP here, I cried more tears of happiness than anything, after all the shit they went through, they both forgave each other and Max died happy knowing Mary is still friends with him

It's about two very lonely people, a young girl and a middle-aged autistic man, becoming pen pals.

And none of them have friends besides each other.

It's been years since I watched it, but I remember it was good, and I wouldn't spoil it for you.

Persepolis was great but didn't make me cry

It's not hard to make me cry. Name something with a sad scene and I've probably cried over it.

This, especially when I am drunk.

the end of "Iron Giant" EVERY FUCKING TIME!

This movie stopped me from committing suicide.

So yeah it's pretty good.

Being autistic myself, I enjoyed the movie.

Recommended it to my mother, who likes cartoon films over real life. She cried.

youtube.com/watch?v=dpkuw3ztPQE
The speech Helen gives Dash and Violet makes me cry every time for some reason. I have no idea why. Other than that, yeah but I feel things a little too deeply. There was a period where I couldn't watch The Simpsons for a while because the sweet endings always made me sob. Also, cartoons featuring happy/functioning families like Bob's Burgers or Home Movies make me cry because I'll never have one.
I had a dream once where I was Dipper Pines and got scammed into cleaning men in showers for a career which turned out to just be prostitution. I came home and told the uncles and Mabel about how violated I felt but they just hugged me and they played D&D&D to cheer me up despite disliking the game. I decided to go back to the job against their wishes in order to show them my gratitude financially even though the brothel only gave me a penny for that entire first day. At the end I felt somewhat bittersweet but incredibly loved, warm, and content. My mom woke me up by screaming some vile shit at me and I told her to fuck off before locking my door so I could sob into my pillow without her insulting me. I was so jealous of Dipper/dream me.

Ah, so it's sorta heartwarming after all.
By the way everyone here talked about it first, I thought it would be a depressing/devastating story.

youtube.com/watch?v=ihrnND7-Hsg

What the fuck man.

get out of there man, it's gonna kill ya.

I'm an angsty 19 year old and was molested if that clears anything up. I should probably see a therapist but my old just kept excusing everything I did and kept saying nothing was my fault so I quit.

Me and my friend went to NYC once. We had no money so we just bummed by a local tourist attraction for bus fare. When I got home I'd lost 10 pounds in about a week and had a rash.

I actually did die from being in that house once but I was brought back. Part of me wishes I stayed dead but you know how they say teleportation kills people because it ends their stream of thought? I figure the old version of me is dead and I feel very happy for him.

I'm afraid to get old so I don't really care if I die so long as I get to help out some people during my life in some way.

Every stinking time I watch

Fuck man, that sucks. I'm no professional, but from what I've heard, therapists each have their own approach and methods, and their effectiveness varies from person-to-person. It sounds like your old one didn't really help confront the problem. If you can see different therapists, you might be able to find that works for you. Aside from that the only thing I can say is that apparently exercise helps with depression.

Get out of there in a way that will actually keep you out of there. Also find new therapist. Make clear to them you don't just need to vent, that it needs to go somewhere. But toxic families will kill any fucking progress dead so you gotta figure out how to get out of there. Maybe you can't right now but hopefully you remember this if you are in a better place or even just having a good day where you can do shit. Look into options.

Thanks. I've been meaning to look for a therapist but they're hard to come by in my area especially when you have no energy. I hate my family which makes me feel guilty especially when they all seem to think I'm the source of all their problems. I don't know if I'm a scapegoat or truly just a bad person. Eh. I had a job so I could move across the country with my biological mom but I quit because it started to break me down again to the place where I tried to kill myself. I don't know. I'll figure something out.
Thanks again. Saying something not only reassuring but genuinely helpful doesn't come naturally to most people. Good luck in life.

I cry like all the time during emotional Scenes
It's super embarrassing

Hans Zimmer is the master of feels.
youtube.com/watch?v=iloXUw6B4RM

Definitely gonna watch this now.

Same to you bro.

I know that telling you it's not you won't work cause your brain won't let those thoughts go, so consider this. If your a scapegoat, getting out of there will be good for you. If your a bad person, getting out of there will be good for them. It's a win no matter which side of your brain is winning the argument that day!

After your out you can figure out the truth for yourself, and either way it's for the best.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dam_Keeper

I was in on-average biweekly therapy for four years and this was legitimately the best psychological advice I've ever gotten. I've spent most of my life analyzing myself and my problems from the most objective stance I could and despite the fact I've thought this exact thing it never really impacted me until I heard someone else say it. Thanks and goodnight.

Land Before Time. I love my momma. We went through a rough patch in my late teens, and I still make myself sad when I think about how I might have turned out if I had never gotten better. This is also why, despite Brave being understandably divisive among people, I still cried like a lil bitch at it.

Not Sup Forums, but I'll throw The Tale of the Princess Kaguya in here while I'm at it. Basically anything with family themes can get my eyes leaking.

I remember crying when I watched Snoopy Come Home as a kid. I'm sure there are more recent times, but I can't honestly remember the last time I openly wept because of a cartoon.

Last time I teared up was when the CMC got their cutie marks, though.

Agreed. It was good and thought provoking and all that, but it didn't hit me in quite that way.

I always used to tear up at the ending of 'The Snowman' as a child and my parents would often tease me about it. I was sad that he had died.

Magicians do not exist

youtube.com/watch?v=ZbN8-BreUjA
the soundtrack alone is pretty gut wrenching.

Kagyua was great