Lin-Manuel Miranda Wants To Play Carnage In The MCU

The Hamilton guy wants to play Carnage. Seems kinda funny that his fans are probably the type of people who love Squirrel Girl and Ms Marvel and hate "grimdark" then he's like "Carnage! Fuck yeah!"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gevm2wPbC6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=np0solnL1XY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Idc who plays carnage I just want a good spiderman movie with carnage

We haven't even gotten Venom right yet.

Same went for the guy who played Purple Man, all of his fans were like "Oh he's so charming and handsome on Dr Who, I can't wait to see him him in Jessica Jones." Then they see it and were like "He played a kind controlling rapist, what the fuck?" It was good shit.

But back on topic, I fucking love Carnage, ever since I was an edgy preteen, but I really don't want to see him in live action. He wouldn't work with a PG or even PG 13 rating.

>But back on topic, I fucking love Carnage, ever since I was an edgy preteen, but I really don't want to see him in live action. He wouldn't work with a PG or even PG 13 rating.
I completely agree, but now that Fox has done Deadpool and is doing Logan, could an R-rated Spider-Man with Carnage in it be more than just a dream?

>famously gives speech about protecting people of color, etc.
days later
>I want to play this southern racist

Just make it a Venom movie with Spidey as a supporting character, most of Spidey's darker, more R rated stories involving Carnage haven't been all that great.
Oddly enough, it wasn't until Carnage: Family Feud that Cletus was considered a southerner, before he was from Brooklyn I think, but Wells write a line with Spidey calling him a sick hillbilly, and it just kind of took off, I don't mind the change, I just find it odd how a single line changed a character around.

Literally who

>could an R-rated Spider-Man with Carnage in it be more than just a dream?
Kek, no.

Cletus isn't Southern or racist.

Literally who? What's with actors these days randomly saying they want to be in a superhero movie to get attention from fanboys?

Tennant can be scary as shit. They clearly were not paying attention properly.

Carnage appeared in Spider-Man the animated series wherein Spidey wasn't allowed to throw a punch and bad guys were allowed to have actual guns. So, ya know, you're wrong and all.

there were a few episodes of Doctor Who wherein he was scarey as fuck, and he was mad as Batshit for the short time he was in the 4th Harry Potter film point is actors can easily break away from what their fans think of them and play roles ro perfection if the script is right.

Yes, and direction. Good direction work with the actors can do wonders sometimes.

MAKE EDGY GREAT AGAIN

Yeah and those episodes sucked.

They said it all the time in 80's and 90's. "It'd be fun to be a batman villain" or "I'd love to be in the new star wars" oh no shit? You want to be in a big popular movie for money? Thing is it would be a blurb in a magazine article, not the headline for 50 FUCKING WEBSITES.

Carnage won't be here and if he is he may as well be a fucking marshmallow. MCU Spider-Man is going to be for babies who can't even handle him throwing punches.

A good example, that may not be shared by other anons here, is from DD season 2, when Matt goes to talk to Fisk in the prison.
Do did the majority of the BTAS episodes, but I still loved em. What's your point?

>Literally who?

Did you stop consuming media in 1997 or something? How do you not know Lin Manuel Miranda in 2016?

If they put Carnage in a movie I don't give a shit about who plays him because I want to see Carnage, not a regular dude who only appears in Carnage form for 10 minutes.

That if they put Carnage in MCU he's gonna suck.

I agree with this, I'd much rather see someone like Mysterio or Spot appear in the MCU, we're getting Shocker so I'm pretty hyped for that, but I really hope we get some kind of super powered villain at some point.

Carnage is a white redneck.

Nonnegotiable.

I just want Slyde

wait. why would he wanna destroy his parents?

Cut his hair, dye it red, see if he can to a southern accent and you have a white guy.

>rapping Carnage
I thought the symbiots didn't like heavy bass music

Nah.

Kim looks Hispanic, Jewish, Arab, maybe Romani.

He can't pull off white. Or pass as they say.

>getting hyped for Shocker.

Remember Tom Holland Spider-Man is supposed to be too wimpy to throw punches, so his super villains will have to be made just as lame.

Cletus is a diehard Anthrax fan.
His greatest sorrow about having the symbiote is that it won't let him go to their concerts.

Hell, he's a fucking trainwreck in Broadchurch and it's great.

I only want this to happen if they include a musical number where he sings "Carnage Rules."

youtube.com/watch?v=gevm2wPbC6Y

Shit, I was sure Cletus was a Southern Hick, but apparently he was born in Brooklyn.

Dude, half of those are Caucasian. I.e. white people.

This still doesn't bother me, I liked him just fine in CW and I don't recall him throwing a single punch. Truth is Spidey doesn't really need to throw punches when he's got his webs and swinging kicks. I'm expecting Shocker to get embarassed and made a joke of like he usually is in the comics and that's what has me hyped.

That would rule.

That's from that garbage Nova comic that said he was a hillbilly and still had robot legs. Cletus' true musical love has always been Motley Crue.

Ginger representation, come on.

Seriously, what is WITH the no redhead thing that has been going on in Sup Forums adaptations?

Yeah, I'd be fine with a Venom vs. Carnage movie, though I doubt Sony's got the stones to pull the trigger and also do a decent job of it.

If the meme hold true he'll be made into a black man

I'm mad because Carnage fucking sucks and I love Lin

Red necks don't look like any of them.

They look Anglo or Nordic. Maybe Slav.

Stop squirming.

Not even just dudes, Hellcat got turned into a blonde.

Hellcat's in the fucking MCU now?

>bully Mike "Gay? No Way" Pence
>declare you want to appear in a shitty Marvel movie

DC wins again

I'm sure this will happen just as much as that Old Spice guy being Luke Cage.

See here

She was in Jessica Jones

Patsy Walker was in Jessica Jones as was Nuke, neither of them were in costume or went by their hero names though.

STEP ASIDE

youtube.com/watch?v=np0solnL1XY

Besides house, his biggest thing has been doing broadway, and rap on broadway at that. Shut your gay ass up.

pence was fine with it though, and the message was hardly bullying

I really want Crews to play JJJ

>has been doing broadway, and rap on broadway at that.

Yeah in the show people haven't stopped talking about since it premiered.

>I just find it odd how a single line changed a character around.
That happens a lot in media.

ACTING!

That actually sounds pretty great

Alexander Hamilton
His name is Alexander Hamilton
There's a million things he hasn't done
But just you wait, just you wait.

If we get that, I want to see an old school Spider Slayer, one with the large screen for a face so Spidey can see JJJ Crews as it tries to kill him. I know it will never happen, but in my head it's both horrific and halarious at the same time

Family of Blood is a good one for this

He actually played a villain for most of his career before being Doctor 10.

Actors could play Carnage:
Damian Lewis
Jim Carrey (with dyed red hair)
Seth Green
DJ Qualls (with dyed red hair)
Michael Fassbender
Jared Leto (with dyed red hair)

>Seth Green
But he's a manlet.

Comics-only fans are incredibly insular, to the point of being almost absurdly ignorant of everything else in life.
That's why when they grow up to write comics (as happens today) they touch upon issues only clumsily and inaccurately and without any real skill, as opposed to the well-rounded human beings of yesteryear who had actual lives before becoming comics writers.

And Cletus is a strapping Chad?

Legit redheads are hard to find when it comes to actors with decent cred and who's names might draw a crowd.

Good thing we invited hair dye then

You mean like

He's not short.

>his biggest thing has been doing broadway

Yeah, one of the most successful broadway shows of all time.

And now he's done a movie that all of Sup Forums is going to be talking about tomorrow.

the Venom spin-off could become its own franchise within the MCU, assuming it IS going to be apart of it.

>Sup Forums suddenly likes Carnage
Carnage Man movie when.

>The Spot
My nigga

fuck this faggot. keep him away from my nutjob edge racist badass

I fucking love Lin but I can't see him as Carnage.

>his fans are probably the type of people who love Squirrel Girl and Ms Marvel and hate "grimdark" then he's like "Carnage! Fuck yeah!"
He probably grew up with those first Symbiote stories. There weren't many comics then that WEREN'T sort of edgy.

That's fine, he could probably pull it off. It's not like Cletus is some nuanced character.

I don't think they'll ever get to Carnage in the movies, though.

>He wouldn't work with a PG or even PG 13 rating.
but he works in comics rated T for teens?

>famously gives speech about protecting people of color, etc.
Did he? I thought his replacement was the one ranting to Mike Pence. The one who brags on twitter about groping women when they're drunk and turning white married women on to black cock.

Comics are a completely diffrent form of media dude, if they were the same there is a lot of shut from all companies that wouldn't fly. Don't be so intentionally ignorant user.

Just seems funny to me how people have become so afraid of "edginess". Have people forgotten the pleasure of violence and vulgarity for its own sake?

You say that, but the things they use to get around the censors ussually winds up being worse. Remember Jokers laughing gas in the animated series?

That being said, I have no idea who this literal who is, but if he can justice to Carnage then god bless him.

>literal who
It's the guy who wrote Hamilton

>Spider-Man doesn't throw punches
>Against the Spot, we get a point where he finally realizes "I have to hit him"
>Build-up commences
>HE THROWS THE PUNCH...

>pic related happens.

As a kid I found the idea of the laughing gas to be so fucking dreadful, to die laughing, unable to catch your breath. That's horrific man.
>Spider-Man 2
>opens up with Peter talking about the crazy costumes and villains he's been fighting since Homecoming
>we see newspaper clippings ro go along with his monolog
>we see him corner Spot as he gets a quick discription of him
>throws the punch
>pic related happens
It will never happen, but I'd get one hell of a chuckle out of it.

>Legit redheads are hard to find when it comes to actors with decent cred and who's names might draw a crowd.

The Harry Potter franchise had a lot of them
And i'm sure any of them would "draw a crowd"

The Avengers' jealousy of Slyde's parents' line of non-stick pans ate them up inside until it finally boiled over.

>Tennant can be scary as shit.
But he absolutely can't. Whenever he's trying to be "scary" it's pathetic.

Isn't Hannibal Buress gonna play JJJ?

sorry Gotham already got the one guy

Michael C. Hall or no go.

First of all, it wasn't bullying or harassment. Lin-Manuel also wasn't the one who read the address to Pence. It was the guy who played Burr. Manuel I don't think even performs Hamilton anymore, it's an understudy. And even Pence has gone on record saying he had no problem with it. The only one triggered is Trump, you, and the entire right wing pundits, which is hilarious.

Spider-man: Turn Off the Dark movie when?!

Eet ees okay, he is not white but white Heespaneec. So he ees a minority, yes?

Why are so many black guys weird like that? Whatever.

Sup Forums Is mostly the same way now. If you have something "edgy" it'll become shit thread fast

>not live in the us
done
and/or
>not care for Broadway news
done

admittedly I'd heard of him and Hamilton but didn't know why I'd heard of Hamilton or that he was associated, now Moana, that might be differentor noti mean can you tell who wrote or who sang Let It Go?

But the guy who said that is gay. Are you just making up shit?

I will agree that it wasn't bullying. It was unprofessional as fuck, though. Trump also used some very unfortunate verbiage in trying to say that people shouldn't have to deal with being publicly called out at the theater.

Probably.

I did like how Pence was cool with it and took a calm approach even if some felt like he should have been offended