JUST

I can't believe this is the design they're going with for Alopex in TMNT 2012. She's literally named after her species (arctic fox) and they couldn't even be assed to make her be an arctic fox. Not to mention that as far as redesigns this is absolutely awful. Anyone who likes this design forfeits their right to complain about the Michael Bay turtles ever again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XUFh9MQAb5c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Anyone who likes this design forfeits their right to complain about the Michael Bay turtles ever again.
dude it's alternate universe turtles for children and fans who care for it, relax

THICC

I don't get it. Alopex's original character design is as basic as the turtles themselves and skittle have been pretty hard to screw up. She's a white ninja fox with with a purple butterfly crudely painted over her eyes, and she has tons of floofles. It's like the caracter designers never actually saw a picture of her and just heard the description "ninja fox with really fluffy legs" and went from there.

The show's version looks kind of like a cast-off from Kung Fu Panda tbqh.

I think they were going for Ninjara a little in the design too.

I get why they would put pants on her, but that headband is retarded. Like, it makes her look like a special needs kid.

>it's not winter

wew

You know an artic fox fur changes colour during the summer

It literally looks pants-on-head retarded.

Arctic foxes turn grey in the summer, not red.

>It is well adapted to living in cold environments. It has a deep thick fur which is brown in summer and white in winter.

Agree...the name is not dumb in that it's her species name, it's dumb in that an 8-11 year old girl in some japanese village wouldn't know enough about taxonomy and latin to even KNOW that word, let alone recognize she was anything but a kitsune. She would have had to do some heavy reading after mutation to have given herself that moniker...but this show IS for kiddies, so every japanese person is born bi-lingual.

It may technically be "brown" but it definitely doesn't look anything like . That is clearly meant to look like a red fox's coat and an arctic fox is a completely different color from a red fox even in summer.

And just because...
youtube.com/watch?v=XUFh9MQAb5c

It's greyish brown. The character in the OP has more of an orange/red tint that makes it appear more like a red fox.

>it's her species name
Ackshually, no. Arctic fox used to be called Alopex lagopus in the past, but these days Alopex is considered an invalid genus, and the species is classified as Vulpes lagopus. (Vulpes is the same genus where red fox belongs to.)

The entire taxonomic ordering of dogs, wolves, foxes and other canids was kind of thrown through the blender when it was realized that they're a lot more closely related than originally thought.

The studio can't render fluff.

>Hop holes in pants

Well, at least there is a silver lining.

Still, the stark white was kind of a key feature.

The white fur and the purple war paint. The fans even nicknamed her "inkface," and the show design just gave her what looks like smeared mascara.

I'd get it if they didn't want a "mom walks in" moment but that doesn't mean they had to completely abandon everything recognizable about her.

After four seasons, you'd think you'd be used to everyone looking like a knock-off Nintendo mascot.

Still, it is a pretty shitty design.

She is so beautiful in White