Why was she the bad guy again?

Why was she the bad guy again?

Yeah she went too far in a few places but for the most part her goals and method were good.

Seems like she should have been the hotheaded ally type who needs her friends to rein her in sometimes rather than the LOL IMMA DESTROY THE CITY WITH MY MECH villian they turned her into.

EXACTLY my thoughts

Hitler had good intentions too

He was just upset he failed art school

>she went too far in a few places
It was politically designed to be that way but she could have reduced the effects of it.

Because she was setting up a government, which is always unjust because of it's monopoly on force.

>Muh NAP.

Why can't ancaps do a favour to society and off themselves!?

Because she didn't like Korra.

We had this thread before

There is nothing wrong with her objectives, and arguably nothing wrong with her methods. Taking back all the land that belongs to the earth nation is understandable.

Authoritarianism is a cancer.

What about the throw away line about her having internment camps?

I thought we all had an understanding that Korra had a lot of good concepts but screwed up each and everyone of them.

IS that really a throwaway line? Wasn't there an episode where Varrick and Bolin liberate one?

The US had interment camps in WW2 and were still on the right side of the war.

That was never further explained. I doubt she would jail people for NO reason. Most likely they were some sort of criminals, or basically not part of her nation, in which case they were considered invaders.

>criminals complaining they were in jail

wew lad

That episode came about 1/3 to 1/2 way through the season and they made sure you knew that they were jailing dissenters and plain old "not earth benders" so you wouldn't miss the memo that she was EEEEEEEVVVVVIIIIILLLL.

It still falls flat because nobody, and I mean nobody gave a flying fuck about the pre-existing secret police. I'm sure if Wu had been crowned he would've had access to them.

>of course they didn't know! the secret police are a secret!

Except for that time they interfered with Aang, who might've said something. Or that time they kidnapped airbenders and interfered with Korra, who could've said something. Or every airbender alive could've said something about it, I guess.

So god damn stupid. "You can't just establish a government, Kuvira! We have to approve your government and the illegal things we ignore!"

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

The bitch was evil because she was all too willing to use force

As opposed to Korra who we all know never used violence as a first resort.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions

Kuvira sought to bring order and stability to the world, doing it her way meant bulldozing everything and everyone that opposed her, in the end that meant everything not under her control

Can people with autism stop trying to understand morality?

You're not wrong, sometimes force is necessary, using force does not make you automatically evil, point is not to go overboard

But it's no surprise that Kuvira served as a sort of personification of Korra's more darker aspects

I don't know, can you?

Thst doesn't really prove him wrong. It just proves that Korra is a shitty character.

I don't see what the alternative was. They went to Su first, she said No. We know it took 3 years of an elite private army pacifying the largest land mass in the world full of large city states and an anarchist population large enough to field guerilla bandit armies with air support. Nobody else is helping with enough force to matter(see the air benders getting robbed) and entire cities were starving to death in absence of order.

They wrote a situation where overwhelming force was the most sensible solution, then realized they kinda fucked up and pushed Kuvira over the top so that we'd disagree with her.

>she went too far

Heyy! You figured it out!

The question here would be "what qualifies as evil? Your objectives or what your actions trying to accomplish said objectives?

If your objective is evil then your actions will also be evil.

But how can she be evil when I want to hug her

But her objective wasn´t evil; she wanted to rebuild a country that had fallen into anarchy and make sure said anarchy would never occur again.

OP, she literally ran concentration camps (called re-education camps in the show)...